Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

AirSimmer doubts that there will be upgrade!

Emil, I wouldn't mind paying $39.95 for the Basic Edition and then another $50 when the Advanced Edition is eventually released. That would make my financial outlay $89.95. As it is now, if I wanted to buy the Basic Edition but REALLY wanted the Advanced, I'd end up paying $129.90 if I didn't seek a refund for the Basic Edition within 30 days of my purchase. Think about it - $129.90 or $89.95 for the same product (only difference being functionality). Why would you pay nearly $40 more? You don't get anything extra for that $40!LLPT_man, you really can't compare AirSimmer and PMDG - or any other developer for that matter. I'll bet they all use different software programs in developing their products, so their development costs will all be different. Same goes for development staff - they'll all undoubtedly have different staffing levels. PMDG are doing Boeing while AirSimmer are doing Airbus. Different systems to simulate - completely different. You simply can't compare one to the other simply in terms of price. It's impossible.
And i dont want too... im just comparing experiences and level of realism... and what people expect to pay for this kind of simulation of an aircraft... not planes ...not companies...probably the price would be much higher for the airsimmer product if we would compare their internal development process... This is Airisimmer's first product.. so no past experience that can be used into this one... lets not forget that PMDG first product was the 737... still the best... but is already old for our present standarts...

The bit that gets me is this. AirSimmer released the A320 Basic Edition prematurely because they needed the cash injection generated by sales of their product. Fair enough, I suppose. But... and here's the kicker, they refuse to offer an upgrade option to those who REALLY want the Advanced Edition instead. They're the hard-core simmers who don't wanna just hop in and take off. So, because people are realising they can't upgrade for the difference of the price of the two versions, they're inundating Flight1 with requests for a refund (which they will get, I might add, as long as they submit the request within 30 days of purchase). Hence, all the money AirSimmer sought to gain is going right down the drain back to customers. It seems like a pretty dopey pricing policy to me. Not very smart marketing on their part if you ask me.

Guest FengZ

I've been reading this thread and the others...and i just don't understand:If you guys want the advanced version, then why not wait for it to be released? Don't buy the basic version right now. It's so strange to see so many people complaining when you are in control of what you buy...Nobody is forcing you to buy the basic and then forcing you to buy the advance. If they don't have an upgrade option, then don't buy the basic! And if you think they'll never even release the advanced version, then save your cash now and don't buy the basic; if the advance one does come out, then get it for 90$. Who cares about their cash-injection problem; that's their business if they are low on funds. If they want to sell the basic package, let them. But that doesn't mean you need to buy it then scream you want a upgrade coupon. If this scheme of theirs don't work out...then you have nothing to worry out. They'll just fade away into the mist and you save 90 bucks...And if the Basic has bugs, then don't buy it right now and wait to see if they resolve the problems. It's so simple....(i usually wait 2-3 weeks before buying an addon to let the publisher hammer out the bugs). Again, nobody is forcing you guys to buy anything...ps. I don't work for these guys or even remotely interested in this product (i'm a GA + military)...but just throwing in my 2 cents cuz this situation seems ridiculous to me......the mob mentality i guess....-feng

I've been reading this thread and the others...and i just don't understand:If you guys want the advanced version, then why not wait for it to be released? Don't buy the basic version right now. It's so strange to see so many people complaining when you are in control of what you buy...Nobody is forcing you to buy the basic and then forcing you to buy the advance. If they don't have an upgrade option, then don't buy the basic! And if you think they'll never even release the advanced version, then save your cash now and don't buy the basic...if the advance one does come out, then get it for 90$...And if the Basic has bugs, then don't buy it and see if they resolve the problem. It's so simple....Again, nobody is forcing you guys to buy anything...ps. I don't work for these guys or even remotely interested in this product (i'm a GA + military)...but just throwing in my 2 cent cuz this situation seems ridiculous to me......the mob mentality i guess....-feng
Ok, Here is the situation;First of all, Airsimmer Released it for some money problems ( I Assume), so they need cash flow, other side, If people won't buy, the company will close, then there will be no airbus any more, until a new one appears.But the Marketing Move from airsimmer was Badly done, so People complaining about the Marketing and the way you buy, with no Upgrade as an optionFinally, No one knows When the advanced will be available, and some People can't wait the advanced, same time, they don't like the prices and "No Upgrade Option".It's kinda like a circle and we all complain, we are waiting from Airsimmer the correct decision to be taken.

'The mountain laboured and brought forth a mouse' - Horace, Ars Poetica.We were led to believe that the long-awaited Airsimmer product would be the Airbus equivalent of the PMDG 737NG. Now we discover that it is not. I wonder how the CTDs could have survived beta testing? So we have a situation where serious simulation aviators are left high and dry and a software company has lost the chance to make a killing. I'm giving up on Airsimmer. I will continue to enjoy flying the freeware Project Airbus with the superb freeware vasFMC panel/gauge addon. John

Supporter.png

John

I've been reading this thread and the others...and i just don't understand:Again, nobody is forcing you guys to buy anything...ps. I don't work for these guys or even remotely interested in this product (i'm a GA + military)...but just throwing in my 2 cents cuz this situation seems ridiculous to me......the mob mentality i guess....-feng
Another classic - "no-one's forcing you to buy it".No, that's right. We don't have to buy it. But why does that mean we can't debate what's happened? Why is that 'ridiculous' to you?? A new developer has released a major product that many in the FS community have been waiting for for years. And it's turned out to be a bit of a disaster so far because what everyone had been expecting - and, crucially, what the developer had been promising - has not materialised. Instead the goalposts have been moved and a different product and sales set-up has been revealed. This has caused a fair bit of confusion, disappointment and, yes, tetchiness. YOU may not be remotely interested in the product, but others are VERY much interested, so don't you think it's reasonable that they want to discuss it openly and express their opinions??It's got nothing to do with 'mob mentality'. It's just a lot of people who are keen to get hold of a decent Airbus simulation trying to make sense of the situation, and airing their views.I think it fair to say we all still hope that Air Simmer deliver the goods. We WANT them to succeed, and I don't think they should be crucified without a chance to rectify the situation. Some of those that actually have the product and have posted comments (I'm thinking of Les Dillon here, for one) seem to think it has real promise, despite the inevitable bugs. So that bodes well....Ian

We were led to believe that the long-awaited Airsimmer product would be the Airbus equivalent of the PMDG 737NG. Now we discover that it is not. I wonder how the CTDs could have survived beta testing?
Easy. The development team, and extended team were too busy on forums saying how great the product is going to be, and this is going to be the best 'bus ever released, they didn't have time to test. :(

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

It's still not working for me Robin, however I just ran into another post of yours at the airsimmer forum, if you permit me to copy&paste:Posted Today, 05:45 PMHi,There will not be an upgrade from Basic to Advanced.Best regards,Robin.AirSimmer Head of Quality Control - Beta Team Leadhttp://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php...amp;#entry51672Just to clarify, is this is the current, and the final word on the upgrade?
The reply above by their "AirSimmer Head of Quality Control - Beta Team Lead" is seems to be deleted.

Another classic - "no-one's forcing you to buy it".No, that's right. We don't have to buy it. But why does that mean we can't debate what's happened? Why is that 'ridiculous' to you??
If you are going to debate it, at least ensure your facts are right first.Robin.AirSimmer Customer Support.
The reply above by their "AirSimmer Head of Quality Control - Beta Team Lead" is seems to be deleted.
Not deleted - edited. At the time I posted that (quoted above) I was working with outdated information.Please see the thread here for the official line: http://www.airsimmer.com/support/index.php?showtopic=5029Thank you.Robin.AirSimmer Customer Support.