Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Oil Pres Low MD11

Is there any chance it could have anything to do with my MD11 being set to KGs but FS9 being set to US not Metric? I also might have changed the hydraulic quantity in the PMDG menu to Ltr not Gal.Andy S

Good Idea. I did set it to Kg too. I will give it a try later.Frank
Frank, if you find anything that works can you please post here or pm me. I am desperate to find a cure for this but really don't have time to try another flight right now. (I have tried 6 time without success to make a flight in the MD11). :( Andy S

Andy, Frank,screenshots of your panel and displays at the moment the problem occurs would be really helpful in this case...And no, the unit setting should not cause any problems regardless of the setting your MSFS is set to.Thanks,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Ok here my panelstate deirectly before takeoff and eng pres lo failure came on 500ft after takeoff. All 3 Engines shut down and i crash to the ground.

hm looks like pic upload didnt work...Ok here again my configuration before takeoff:17741760.jpg27573674.jpg85654283.jpg11369770.jpgOk and now as the failure happens directly after takeoff like allways.... :52229167.jpg60939265.jpg24191694.jpg42111873.jpgAh and btw changing from Kg to Lbs didnt make any difference :(At least my computer specs:Windows 7 Ultimate 64BitCore 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.24Gb RamZotac Geforce GTX 275 Amp EditionI also use a joystick, its a Logitack Attack 3 (Tryed to unplug it for 1 flight just to make sure it isnt the joystick but failure happens too)Addons in use:UTX Europe, Usa and CandaFS Global 2008PMDG 747X and for sure MD11XFrank

That looks pretty much like mine does. I don't get it just after takeoff though, the earliest I have had it happen was about 15-20 minutes after takeoff and the longest around 30-44 minutes. Andy S

Maybe it's just my screen, but 3D screenshots are usually very difficult to read. Next time, please use the 2D panel for screenshots.Paul

They are real hard to read, even zooming the page the indications become blurred. Are you sure you have the hydraulics panel in automatic mode? In fact, all panels should be in automatic mode in this situation.

Dan Downs KCRP

They are real hard to read, even zooming the page the indications become blurred. Are you sure you have the hydraulics panel in automatic mode? In fact, all panels should be in automatic mode in this situation.
yes 100% sure they are in automatic mode :(Frank

So i made a fresh install of FSX. 1 thing i have mentioned: the oil press was after engine start much higher. in the installation before where i had this failure the oil pres was round 30. now is round 300. But i only checked PW engines before i used GE allways. In there any difference in the oil pres between this 2 engines after engine start? What can cause the prob? lets see if its stays like that because now i didnt had low oil pres warning...As soon as FS Global is installed (need long^^) i try with GE engines and will report.

So i made a fresh install of FSX. 1 thing i have mentioned: the oil press was after engine start much higher. in the installation before where i had this failure the oil pres was round 30. now is round 300. But i only checked PW engines before i used GE allways. In there any difference in the oil pres between this 2 engines after engine start? What can cause the prob? lets see if its stays like that because now i didnt had low oil pres warning...As soon as FS Global is installed (need long^^) i try with GE engines and will report.
So you made a fresh install of FSX as well as the MD11? I seriously hope I don't have to do that. :( Andy S

yes didnt know what to do else. Need to try it out but this weekend i dont have much time for it. At least today no such failure. But im not sure if it will come back :(