Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Tribute to all FSX developers

Always got to be one in the crowd to throw a wet blanket huh?Relax and enjoy, great music and great shots and it's about simulation not you or any specific dev. :(
..seems so, Ron - just don't forget - for every wet blanket - there's a hundred users in the "warm and fuzzy" category, and are mostly the silent majority - and they love your work - and that of the other devs. David's tribute - and GeofA's the other day are needed every now and again to remind us all where flight simming was ten years ago, and who it was that has brought us to where it is now. Flying in the real world is only a dream for the vast majority of simmers, and your work brings that dream to within a centimeter of reality.Thanks all, and many thanks for this post David.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

..seems so, Ron - just don't forget - for every wet blanket - there's a hundred users in the "warm and fuzzy" category, and are mostly the silent majority - and they love your work - and that of the other devs. David's tribute - and GeofA's the other day are needed every now and again to remind us all where flight simming was ten years ago, and who it was that has brought us to where it is now. Flying in the real world is only a dream for the vast majority of simmers, and your work brings that dream to within a centimeter of reality.Thanks all, and many thanks for this post David.
Many thanks Paul. For us at least, the restoration of a level of civility in the FS Community is beneficial to devs and simmers alike and even benefits public FS sites like Avsim.We all are big boys with thick enough skins to handle most anything but the current momentum here is conducive to bringing in newcomers and growing the community.I've sometimes thought that the community had become like the old POGO Cartoon where he say's "we've met the enemy and he is us". :( Davids post here is a good reminder that we are all still in this together and we can grow it to be a better and stronger community. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I agree. Bash something over the head one too many times and it will stay down.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I appreciate the thought behind this thread, but what I would really appreciate would be at least one of the 750+ people that downloaded my latest offering over the last 2 weeks here to maybe send me an e-mail saying thanks for all the hard work!I spent 500+ hours over the last 6 months building my Rutan Quickie. 3d gauges, paintkit, and it's a ghost here. What's the point?

N2056,Most are truly appreciative of any developers work; just indifferent. I don't download a lot of planes or scenery since I have a limited system but I appreciate every one of the ones I have. I haven't looked at your work yet but I will. In any case I can say without even looking at it that I appreciate what you've done for the community. Thanks.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

I appreciate the thought behind this thread, but what I would really appreciate would be at least one of the 750+ people that downloaded my latest offering over the last 2 weeks here to maybe send me an e-mail saying thanks for all the hard work!I spent 500+ hours over the last 6 months building my Rutan Quickie. 3d gauges, paintkit, and it's a ghost here. What's the point?
I still haven't gotten around to downloading this little beauty yet, but I certainly appreciate, enormously, the efforts of all the freeware developers.You have actually received a lot of good feedback and thanks over at SO by the way.

That is true, and is partly due to the fact that I spend most of my online time there. :( As a 'Commercial Member" here I have not publicized it to avoid any controversy.I do appreciate the fact that a lot of people were willing to at least download it...it is certainly an oddball.

Guest PPSFA
I'm surprised you haven't recieved an Avsim email saying you are violating the forum rules for not signing your name to your posts :(

That is pretty typical. My last freeware project of which I had nearly 40,000 downloads here-I think I got about 6 emails in total thanking me.I also got probably 1000 emails over a 4-5 year time period asking for support-then usually did not get a thank you after taking the time to answer every one of them.

Guest UlfB
I'm surprised you haven't recieved an Avsim email saying you are violating the forum rules for not signing your name to your posts :(
What rule is that? Can't find it.Do you refer to the PMDG support forum rules? They don't apply in the FSX Forum.

Rule or not...seems like the right thing to do! Thanks for pointing that out :(

No, there is no rule requiring members to sign there posts anywhere except the PMDG forums.

I also got probably 1000 emails over a 4-5 year time period asking for support-then usually did not get a thank you after taking the time to answer every one of them.
Soooo true Geof!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Oh, Geof, you are such a crybaby! Whenever I put something in the library, I specifically ask that users not write - that way I won't be disappointed when they don't :( :( :( B) :(Sorry, got carried away with the smilies.Best regards.Luis

Flying in the real world is only a dream for the vast majority of simmers, and your work brings that dream to within a centimeter of reality.For about 50 bucks...give or take :( Pretty amazing once you think about it.