Sign in to follow this  
ggi

Carenado aircraft wish list

I may have already mentioned the Aztec, but I've recently been searching high and low for a good Piper Aztec...... nothing.Aztec seems to be a very popular choic so I hope Carenado make one...**fingers crossed**

My wish is that Carenado up their game and meet the competition. VC rain, visible icing, progessive engine wear, etc. I like Carenado's work but competing developers have raised the bar now. Either they meet it or eventually the company will be relegated to the margins along with the likes of FSD or Abacus.

My wish is that Carenado up their game and meet the competition. VC rain, visible icing, progessive engine wear, etc. I like Carenado's work but competing developers have raised the bar now. Either they meet it or eventually the company will be relegated to the margins along with the likes of FSD or Abacus.
Interesting prediction... I have seen Carenado get better and better over the years...The thing they have a knack for IMHO, is to create a truly believable cockpit experience.The outside modeling is very good too, but the sense of sitting in a real airplane is somethingnot many vendors have succeeded at. I used to really like the DA Cheyenne for that exact reason,but the Bonanza certainly has raised the bar (to use your phrase) on that score!I just wish they follow through and iron out the little wrinkles that remain, rather than jumpon to the next project, leaving us with a 99% airplane :(

Bert

Interesting prediction... I have seen Carenado get better and better over the years...The thing they have a knack for IMHO, is to create a truly believable cockpit experience.The outside modeling is very good too, but the sense of sitting in a real airplane is somethingnot many vendors have succeeded at. I used to really like the DA Cheyenne for that exact reason,but the Bonanza certainly has raised the bar (to use your phrase) on that score!I just hope they follow through and iron out the little wrinkles that remain, rather than jumpon to the next project, leaving us with a 99% airplane :(
Certainly on the side of visuals Carenado is one of the best out there but looking at some recent work like the A2A J3 and B-17, RealAir Duke, Lotus Sim L-39 and Aerosoft Catalina it is obvious that a significant step function has occurred in the area of plane design especially around the functions I mentioned above. There will always be a component of the community that will buy planes due primarily due to look and feel but I don't think it is a stretch of the imagination to predict that in the near future new releases are going to be benchmarked by the above mentioned planes. I have bought Carenado planes in the past and been very happy with them but after flying some of these other planes I find that I have raised my expectations and want any new plane I buy to have these more recent innovations. I look at the Bonanza and think that it is a nice looking plane but if, for instance, A2A did more Accu-Simmed GA and started competing more directly with Carenado I would likely stop buying Carenado planes.This isn't the first time this has happened. There have been plenty of developers who at one time or another were at the front of the line but for various reasons couldn't or wouldn't keep up with the innovation that was happening. So I'm just saying that I hope that Carenado doesn't miss the boat and become less relevant as the technology and consumer expectations change because I do like what they produce and I do agree that for look and feel there are few developer that can match them.

TBM 700 / 850Piper Malibu

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Although I added some aircraft to the wishlist, I'll add now some more for FS9 please :( Rockwell 100 Commander - nice little singlepistonAero Commander 200DAero Commander 500 SeriesTurbo Commander 600 SeriesThere are some nice freewares, but would be nice to have some in Carenado-quality... I would support it, guys, if there would be coming one of them for FS9Phil

Hello Gents,An MU-2 Marquise for FSXA would be a very nice addon.Cheers,

My wish would be... updating the existing fleet but at least the C172/182/206 with modern avionics such as the G1000...

Aquila AT01

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

... and after the glass cockpit update to the existing fleet, maybe a wonderful Diamond Star DA40 (with Garmin 1000 glass cockpit) :-)

One of these version of the Piper Aerostar 620, 700 Superstar, 700P, 602P, 702P, 800, 601P...Cheers,

Beechcraft KingAir! I'd love to see a Carenado version of that badboy...

Gareth Howell

Cheshire (UK)

I think Carenado is in a field of their own. Cessna, all the way....Surprising no one mentioned the classicsCessna 140 (series)cessna_140.jpgCessna 170 (series)NC4252V.JPG