Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Captain Sim 727 Updates for those interested

Guest 413X3

I read you can also just edit some ini settings so the dont sink message doesn't keep coming. I really really miss the dreamfleet 727. Might have to pick this up and fly freight over the Caribbean with Ameristar, and the Pacific with Asia Pacific Airlines. Or maybe through Canada with Purolator. LOVE the 727!

I finally did the 2.4 update last night. I usually install the updates over each other, but this time I actuall uninstalled the -100, -200, Freaighters and started from scratch. I also removed any of the CaptSim 727 entries from the Trusted section of my FSX.cfg and manually deleted the entry that was in the dll.xml.After I ran all three installers, I opened FSX and went into the A/C selection menu and loaded every 727 model and approved the guages. Then I flew all of them for a test. So far I would have to say that this is the most solid update for the 727 yet. The autopilot works really well for they type that it is. Tried a bunch of ILS approaches using the AP and it worked really good.The only manual tweaks I still need to use are these:1. To make the trim less sensitive and easier to adjust change the setting in each models aircraft.cfg[flight_tuning]......from//elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0toelevator_trim_effectiveness = 0.3I also changed in the aircraft.cfg the GPWS call outs to this. Keeps the warning callout to a minimum.[GPWS]max_warning_height = 1200sink_rate_fpm = -1500excessive_sink_rate_fpm = -2000climbout_sink_rate_fpm = -1000flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -1500Aside from those two tweaks the 2.4 version is really solid, plus comes with the WX radar, which I have yet to mess with and really dont care about anyway.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My apologies in advance for going a bit off topic (and thanks for the update information included in this thread), but I had read something a while back about someone working on a 2d panel for this fantastic bird. Yes, I am one of the old fashioned guys who still prefers flying from the 2d panel (although the 727 does have a great looking VC). Does anyone have any idea as to whether this is even feasible? That said, the 727 ia still a great aircraft in many ways, but I think I would use her a bit more if it had a 2d panel. Thanks in advance for any input.Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Guest 413X3

I am sold! About to go flying around the Caribbean for Ameristar

Guest 413X3

Can someone help? Why does the gps/nav switch not show up on the gps panel?I am using the -200F model[Window05]size_mm=456,403window_size=0.4position=8background_color=0,0,0visible=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,0,25gauge01=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator, 400, 106, 24, 22gauge02=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch, 376, 106, 24, 22

Could you clarify this? I did the following, and I

HiDo you know any tweaks for Captain Sim 757's landing gear? :( I mean sinking when touching down. :( Thank you very muchFrank

Z. C

HiDo you know any tweaks for Captain Sim 757's landing gear? :( I mean sinking when touching down. :( Thank you very muchFrank
No sorry, I dont own that one, but it probably just a matter of adjusting the contact points.There probably is some in the CaptSim forum. They have some pretty knowledgable people in their forum who come up with tweaks that CaptSim doesn't do.

I'm having trouble disengaging heading mode on the AP mode when intercepting the LOC. I have to turn the AP rotary mode switch to APPR mode then back to NAC/LOC to drop out the heading mode. :( I just purchased the 727 v2.4. Any help would be great. Thanks.