Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Fly Tampa Boston V3.0

In general this was a very good review, but I could not help but wonder why, you not only did not list non FSX animated jetways as a negative, you didn't even mention they were static only? (Unless used with AES)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest acezboy561

The gramar was horrible in the review.

The gramar was horrible in the review.
The correct spelling is "grammar". Could you send me some examples and I'll fix it.Thanks....

Guest Bonkey

The reviewer's native language isn't English but at least she can spell ;)

Guest acezboy561

@Robert - To much writing, its your job to do that isnt? Doesn't reflect well on avsim with those typos.

Robert also be aware of the airliners.net photos in this review. Credit was given (and only to them, not the original photographer(s)) , but they were downloaded to AVSIM site. This is a violation of their copyright distribution policies.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Angelique-van-Campen
The reviewer's native language isn't English but at least she can spell ;)
Is that a problem?At least I'm trying to help the MSFS community with reviews.
@Robert - To much writing, its your job to do that isnt? Doesn't reflect well on avsim with those typos.
I could be wrong, but isn't it "too much writing"?
Robert also be aware of the airliners.net photos in this review. Credit was given (and only to them, not the original photographer(s)) , but they were downloaded to AVSIM site. This is a violation of their copyright distribution policies.
There's a note underneath the Airliners.Net pictures namely "Courtesy of Airliners.Net".

Avsim reviewers that use pictures from airliners.net (or any other site, for that matter), are required by law to ask the photographer for permission to use it. Knowing Angelique, I'm more than certain she asked if she could use the pictures in the review. For as far as my own reviews go: I always make sue I have written permission of the photographer.I found this a very nicely done and well-laid out review, with a way of going about it I have not seen often before. I think the review was done in a highly creative way. And please remember: we are all humans. If you guys know so well how a review should be written, I invite you to become a reviewer too! We can always use an extra hand. Just write a review of a product you own (of which no review was written yet is the best of course), send it of to Robert. He'll read it and see if you fit the bill.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I think the comment about "to much writing" can only stem from "readers" who just don't like reading. Some fail to realize that these products cost money and a thorough review is needed in order to know whether or not a particular product is worth your hard earned money...As for the comments on "gramar" well guess what, no one is perfect as you have so nicely shown......It takes hard work to write reviews, especially reviews on products that simmers have been eagerly awaiting. Reviewers have to read EVERY last word provided in manuals and other documentation in order to provide accurate information about a product. Also, having real world commitments doesn't make it any easier so try to be appreciative of the hard work that goes into some of these reviews, if there are errors, they can be kindly pointed out and corrected.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Aiden,Thanks for the comments, I realise that they are all intended as constructive.Like yourself, English is Angelique's 2nd language. I spend "hours" proofreading her reviews to make it gramatically correct and readable.There are some terms that she uses in her reviews that I leave alone as it would take away from the context of the sentence should I rewrite it for her.As a service to you, I'll help with your posting above. It should have been written: " This review contains too much writing. It's your job to do that isn't it? This doesn't reflect well on AVSIM with those typos."Personal comment - too much writing?? Or you can't be bothered to read long, detailed reviews? If it's the latter, then you have the right to stop reading and get back to flying. Freedom, it's a wonderful thing.Respectfully,

lol, right on "genius" - your English is perfect from what I can see.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It is obvious that English isn't Angelique's second language - but I think that's more than made up for by her often novel, and always detailed, interesting and professional reviews. Keep 'em coming, please, Angelique, I always rush to read your reviews!I only wish I had 1/10th of your facility in a 2nd language :)

Paul Skol

Guest acezboy561

Wow, calm down o.o I wasn't attacking her, sorry that I got a LETTER wrong.@Robert - Just to correct you on your grammar. Its Aidan :( Sorry but I just had to say that :)

@Robert - Just to correct you on your grammar. Its Aidan :( Sorry but I just had to say that :)Touche, :(

That's some criticism from a 13 year old. When I was your age I wouldn't dare make a comment like that, but I guess times have changed.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator