Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Replacing PMDG MD-11 and 747-400

Hi folks,I jhave put a lot of hours on these aircraft but I find the software easily affected by other FSX add-ons. Now I'm experiencing difficulties with after-market support and requests for re-downloads of the planes. In short I'm getting discouraged with PMDG products and service. I would really value your reccommendations on a large long-haul commercial passenger jet that you feel is robust and has both a full function well-modelled cockpit and exterior? I'm a retired pilot so realism is an important consideration for me. These are my system specs.Computer spec.Pilot # 13942Vista PremiumSP1 and SP2FSUIPC4Explorer 82.33 gh4200 MBNVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 [Display adapter2.33 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q820064 kilobyte primary memory cache2048 kilobyte secondary memory cacheThanks very much,Grandpa

Hi folks,I jhave put a lot of hours on these aircraft but I find the software easily affected by other FSX add-ons. Now I'm experiencing difficulties with after-market support and requests for re-downloads of the planes. Thanks very much,...........Grandpa[/size][/font][/size][/font]
Are you saying that you don't keep copies of the downloaded files so you have to re-download them? I have re-installed all of my PMDG aircraft several times with no issue, and find the PMDG support (and the others at the forum) as good as it gets (unless you are asking them the same thing time after time, or something that would compromise their business). And as far as realism is concerned (I'm a pilot as well), nothing beats them in the airliner sim market.Bruce (also a "grandpa X 4").

The Level-D 767 is a nice choice, with well modeled systems, nice VC and exterior.

The Level-D 767 is a nice choice, with well modeled systems, nice VC and exterior.
I can't think of a better plane than the LDS 767.That being said I never had any problems with the PMDG support, I bought both the 737 and 744 for FS9.Can't wait for the NGX.Richard

Hi folks,I jhave put a lot of hours on these aircraft but I find the software easily affected by other FSX add-ons. Now I'm experiencing difficulties with after-market support and requests for re-downloads of the planes. In short I'm getting discouraged with PMDG products and service. I would really value your reccommendations on a large long-haul commercial passenger jet that you feel is robust and has both a full function well-modelled cockpit and exterior? I'm a retired pilot so realism is an important consideration for me. These are my system specs.Computer spec.Pilot # 13942Vista PremiumSP1 and SP2FSUIPC4Explorer 82.33 gh4200 MBNVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 [Display adapter2.33 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q820064 kilobyte primary memory cache2048 kilobyte secondary memory cacheThanks very much,Grandpa
Could you elaborate on the issues your having. I have the 747-400X as well and it integrates well with my add-ons. Maybe I can help get your issues sorted out. I'm an airline pilot as well and the only planes I have found worth buying are the PMDG aircraft for realism. The Level D 767 is showing it's age and doesn't have the visual splendor of the PMDG planes.Unfortunately your computer is showing it's age as well. You can't be getting good performance on that system with the PMDG planes. I have an i7 running at 3.2 ghz and I only get 25 FPS with my system with FS Dreamteam scenery.

I don't see any threads started by you on our forum referencing problems with support... There's been issues with emails not getting through and I posted last week that we're about to bring online an entirely new web based support system that will end these issues once and for all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest WarpAir

Upgrade your pc to i7 overclocked to minimum 3.8Ghz with 6 gig ddr3 ram, then think about PMDG again.

Upgrade your pc to i7 overclocked to minimum 3.8Ghz with 6 gig ddr3 ram, then think about PMDG again.
In this economy some folks are not able to upgrade and changing hardware doesn't always solve software issues. With that being said, I have run into a few issues like he has and I have to go through the following process sometimes:1. Use the PMDG uninstaller via add/remove programs2. Check the aircraft folder and if there are any pmdg aircraft listed, remove the folders and if you really want to get picky, you can remove all PMDG references from your FSX.CFG file.3. Reinstall the PMDG aircraft one at a time and launch FSX. Load the new aircraft using the default skin and make sure you don't use a saved flight. This process seemed to work fine for me. For some reason, I ran into issues after installing the RealAir Beach duke but once I went through this process I haven't had problems since.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Hi folks,I jhave put a lot of hours on these aircraft but I find the software easily affected by other FSX add-ons. Now I'm experiencing difficulties with after-market support and requests for re-downloads of the planes. In short I'm getting discouraged with PMDG products and service. I would really value your reccommendations on a large long-haul commercial passenger jet that you feel is robust and has both a full function well-modelled cockpit and exterior? I'm a retired pilot so realism is an important consideration for me. [/size][/font][/size][/font]
I know where you're coming from.Pmdg planes can be a problem at times but they are good. Unfortunately support blows big time.I suggest you try writing to updateme@pre*.* again.Sooner or later Paul will answer. As for other jets.I'd go for the leveld 767 :)

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Hard to believe that anyone could classify the support as "it blows"? With half a dozen beta testers who chime in on almost any operational problem in the forum, Ryan responding to any software related issues on the forum, RSR responding to strategic vision issues, and Paul manning the e-mail support, you can hardly say that things don't get addressed.Is it because of the e-mail blocking issues? Ryan already stated that the new system will preclude that from reoccurring.

Hard to believe that anyone could classify the support as "it blows"? With half a dozen beta testers who chime in on almost any operational problem in the forum, Ryan responding to any software related issues on the forum, RSR responding to strategic vision issues, and Paul manning the e-mail support, you can hardly say that things don't get addressed.Is it because of the e-mail blocking issues? Ryan already stated that the new system will preclude that from reoccurring.
Hard to believe quite a few people do not get support.This is what it is hard to believe.As far as classifying "support" as "it blows".. I'm pretty sure the chosen few who did not get any support could come up with a more colorful and probably more accurate word for "support".They talked about a new system that should handle emails ? Yes they do say things.That is probably why many people stopped asking for support.They don't want to hear it anymore.

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Hard to believe people do not get support.This is what it is hard to believe.As far as classifying "support" as "it blows".. I'm pretty sure the chosen few who did not get any support could come up with a more colorful and probably more accurate word for "support".They talked about a new system that should handle emails ? Yes they do say things.That is probably why many people stopped asking for support.They don't want to hear it anymore.
Is that the same attitude you came looking for help with? Maybe if you got off your soapbox for a minute, you might find that help is a little easier to come by. So, where exactly did you not receive any support? Was the forum not fast enough for you? Did you not get an automated reply to your e-mail support query? Or did you just not like the answer you received? Making blanket statements without any support just makes it look like you have an axe grind. Perhaps you could try being a bit more constructive with your criticism?I must be missing something, though. They only announced the new web-based support system about a day and a half ago. So how is it that people "don't want to hear it anymore"?

Is that the same attitude you came looking for help with? Maybe if you got off your soapbox for a minute, you might find that help is a little easier to come by. So, where exactly did you not receive any support? Was the forum not fast enough for you? Did you not get an automated reply to your e-mail support query? Or did you just not like the answer you received? Making blanket statements without any support just makes it look like you have an axe grind. Perhaps you could try being a bit more constructive with your criticism?I must be missing something, though. They only announced the new web-based support system about a day and a half ago. So how is it that people "don't want to hear it anymore"?
Nick,Please take your time and _read_ what the OP had to say.Maybe I should have been explained myself a little better sorry: When I said the "don't want to hear it anymore" I meant that maybe, in general, "People probably do not want to hear what they have to say anymore" ("support").

Guest anthony31fs

+1 on the levelD 767.I don't think I've ever had a problem with it on my computer. Feels really reliable software wise.

Guest 413X3

Level-D is a step backwards in every respect from the PMDG airplanes. systems, fmc, virtual cockpit, model, etc.The only thing that could replace PMDG being at the top of the developer list is a Level-D 757. But since they will only model one engine type and one variant I assume, it still won't take the crown. IMO the PMDG 747 has shown no signs of aging, with a powerful computer the virtual cockpit is still top quality and the MD-11 is even better.The 737NGv2 from PMDG will be the next best addon ever