Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragn

Moving Maps

Hi all, Just returning to flight after 2 yrs and even tho I have a great FS9 installation I installed FSX on a new computer. It looks amazing! I'd like to ask a few recommendations .FSNavigator doesn't work in FSX. :-( Is there something comparable for FSX that can be displayed on a separate monitor?Textures and weather. I like the looks of REX2 and Active Sky for FSX so far. What about ground textures?Thanks for any input.Best, RobRedding, CA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rob,Must have addons:Mesh: FSGlobal2010Terrain: Ultimate Terrain X series (US, Canada, Alaska, Europe)Ground texture: Ground Environment X nHanced (US and Europe)Weather and general environment: REX2If you're interested in flying in Australia, you can't get passed OrbX sceneries. They are releasing their first US addon somewhere in the next few weeks.Hope this helps a bit.

Never had FS Nav, and I guess they don't have all the bells and whistles, but there's a couple of options that can provide moving map, Plan-G and FS Widgets both use Google terrain as their backgrounds. The FS9 FSM moving map also works in FSX. FSMMM you have to kind of "roll your own" by downloading sectionals (or other maps) from the library where available.scott s..

If you still have your old PC then you can run FSCommander on the second machine and connect it through WIDEFS, that is probably going to be as close as you can get to FSNav..........G

Thanks everyone for your replies. It helps a lot. Shame there is no FSNav for FSX. I love how you can see all the various airports around you and info for ILS , etc at a glance. I'll check out the other options right away. Wish I had my old PC now but the MB went south on me.Thanks, Rob

Thanks everyone for your replies. It helps a lot. Shame there is no FSNav for FSX. I love how you can see all the various airports around you and info for ILS , etc at a glance. I'll check out the other options right away. Wish I had my old PC now but the MB went south on me.Thanks, Rob
FS Commander 8.4, thats your best bet, similar to FSNav., not quite as versitile, but it will get the job done. About $50 bucks I think.

You can get Plan-G at http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/ for free. I use it on my laptop connected via WideFS and it works great. Has all the airport data and a moving map off the Internet to boot. Can switch to Google Satellite view if needed. I usually just leave it in map or terrain mode to make it update a little faster. Also works with FS9 equally well for those who do not have FSNavigator. Technically, this is a VFR program but it works for IFR good 'nuff.I also usually don't connect because once connected, the updates are pretty slow so I just import my flight plan and monitor progress manually.

FS Commander 8.4, thats your best bet, similar to FSNav., not quite as versitile, but it will get the job done. About $50 bucks I think.
8.6 is out. You can choose between AC or map movement.