Sign in to follow this  
kiwikat

Yet Another Citation X 2.0 Thread

Guest -BeNt-

Or read the manual, which is what I eventually did ;) I need to go join up over there.Errr edit, I'm already a member lol.

Correct, FSX friction values differ from FS9. I'm sure you know that controller calibrations do effect your results but think of this as a band which has been made to accomodate in air authority in FSX.
Ok, so it's there on purpose. I'll have to play then with the response curve in FSUIPC and fine tune it for CX individually.Thanks,Dirk.

Ok, so it's there on purpose. I'll have to play then with the response curve in FSUIPC and fine tune it for CX individually.Thanks,Dirk.
Wow Dirk, you are a real stickler on taxi and ground ops. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yes, I think you can say that, you are right, since my favorite stages of flight are take offs and landings. But I know I'm not original in that. This thread should bounce back to the top. CXv2 really deserves it. ;)Dirk.

Hello,I bought the Citation a couple of days ago having tried the Mustang but found that to be a little slow when I tried to get from A to B quickly. I got quite frustrated with the Citation for a few hours to start with as I couldn't program the FMC and get the autopilot working properly :( . It was then that I thought it might be a good idea to read the manual :( and the Citation is now very quickly becoming my favourite aircraft to fly (and I also own the PMDG JS41 which is great). I've even progressed to starting from cold and dark which I always believes adds realism to a flight.I love the plane now and can't wait for the new 3D panel to be released (as the current one isn't as good as it might be and Eaglesoft are clearly improving it) as that looks absolutely fantastic.While I'm here, does anyone know if there are hotspots to the various 2D panels from the VC? I couldn't find it in the manual but may well have missed it.Cheers and well done Eaglesoft on an excellent aircraft. :( Badger

Hello,I bought the Citation a couple of days ago having tried the Mustang but found that to be a little slow when I tried to get from A to B quickly. I got quite frustrated with the Citation for a few hours to start with as I couldn't program the FMC and get the autopilot working properly :( . It was then that I thought it might be a good idea to read the manual :( and the Citation is now very quickly becoming my favourite aircraft to fly (and I also own the PMDG JS41 which is great). I've even progressed to starting from cold and dark which I always believes adds realism to a flight.I love the plane now and can't wait for the new 3D panel to be released (as the current one isn't as good as it might be and Eaglesoft are clearly improving it) as that looks absolutely fantastic.While I'm here, does anyone know if there are hotspots to the various 2D panels from the VC? I couldn't find it in the manual but may well have missed it.Cheers and well done Eaglesoft on an excellent aircraft. :( Badger
Our thanks Badger. I think we covered the 2D Popup in VC issue in our forums. A search there should provide your answer.Glad to see you're reading and studying and enjoying the Cold/Dark Provision. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Any chance of moving to a simconnect version of this bird, so those of us without registered FSUIPC can avoid the extra 20 quid?I know Mr Dowson's product is widely considered "the biz", and I've nothing but respect for him and it - but I've simmed for 3 and a half years without it, and am surviving, and I haven't seen another addon that needs a registered version of it, yet.I understand you've taken a view about this, but I live in hope I can persuade... If not, then I will live without it. I remain a great fan of your Cit II.

Paul Skol

Any chance of moving to a simconnect version of this bird, so those of us without registered FSUIPC can avoid the extra 20 quid?
I'd also appreciate this. Flight1 has a fully functioning FADEC system with their Citation Mustang. It doesn't require any FSUIPC iirc, let alone a paid version.However I am happy with how it works now without a registered FSUIPC. Having it use simconnect or whatever else would just be more icing on the cake. I know it's not that simple. :(No paints today guys. I was too busy enjoying the plane. In fact, I'm off to do another flight! :(

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I'd also appreciate this. Flight1 has a fully functioning FADEC system with their Citation Mustang. It doesn't require any FSUIPC iirc, let alone a paid version.However I am happy with how it works now without a registered FSUIPC. Having it use simconnect or whatever else would just be more icing on the cake. I know it's not that simple. :(
Since the Eaglesoft CitX has to work with both FS9 and FSX, programming for SimConnect would have simply added more labor costs to the project......because FSUIPC would still have to be supported for the FS9 version. :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill explained our challenges very well. No plans at this time to make a change in code for the FSX Version.We also appreciate the F1 Mustang implimentation but do note that project is for FSX only.Perhaps our future FSX Only Projects will utilize Simmconnect for FADEC equipped aircraft. :( We have no connection with Pete or his unique Utility but are personal fans because it offers so much to the simmers experience.From our view, every serious simmer should have a latest registered version in his sim toolbox. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yes, even on the users' end, I'd say those who don't use it don't know what they're missing. There are so many useful features and all sorts of conveniences for the user. It's the first addon that I'd buy after FS itself, it's FSUIPC! Anything else for fs9/fsx would just follow.Dirk.

Guest 413X3

I started suffering disappearing textures and loss of text in menus and atc window when flying the cx v2 in fsx... This is the first time I experienced it on my new computer that was running other addons fine. I thought my days of troubleshooting issues was over.. fsx is so aggravating

I started suffering disappearing textures and loss of text in menus and atc window when flying the cx v2 in fsx... This is the first time I experienced it on my new computer that was running other addons fine. I thought my days of troubleshooting issues was over.. fsx is so aggravating
FSX can be a challenge. Especially so with all the different OS, SPs, Drivers, etc. Nothing in our CX 2.0 to cause such issues but suspect video card overheat, mem starving, or driver issues as a first guess. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest 413X3

Ok did it again, it seems I can get it to happen100% of the time. I must not be following the checklists correctly or something. For starters the amps on the left show a negative number when looking at the apu panel. And second, in the FMC my cruise altitude is also showing as a negative number. -12000. And I can't edit it. Very strange!David

Based on that, yes you're missing steps in the checklist.Also, you appear to be not setting things up correctly in the FMS. Our own support forums are best suited for this discussion.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69