Sign in to follow this  
gman1986

Whatdo you guys fly with?

Hi guys!I'm following your comments here with a great interest. Reason: recently I purchased Saitek Yoke with throttles. So post question answered - I own a Saitek Yoke. (not proud owner however) Here is why - my first day experience was... lets say I was not satisfied with the yoke performance. The elevator axis was sticking when applied with aileron and the precise moves needed for the final approach and the flare were almost impossible. After some google research I found a post of a Saitek yoke user where he was explaining his modification to the yoke to make the shaft movement smooth. After following the exact steps I ruined the yoke. Now I own a new one with exactly same sticky elevator problem and I am wondering what shall I do to make the yoke flyable....Please Saitek yoke owners, let me know how to lubricate or modify the yoke (if you ever experienced the same problem) to make it usable?Or shall I go for PFC yoke?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Guest federalfsx

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. im amazed. just got it todayThrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. im amazed. just got it today

Guest sunbear

Dan,The rudder pedals are extremely quiet and seem to be about par (push-wise) with the ones in the real simulator. The toe brakes are very well simulated also and are also very well constructed. No springy sounds but just a very solid feeling when applying right or left rudder and the application of the toe braking whether differential or full rudder application on the brakes. The rudders that are part of the special on the PFC website are more like the 737 in height & width. I'm quite pleased with the whole setup.Regards,jack noulet

I'm using a several year old Saitek Force 3D FFB stick. Still balls on accurate. I'd love to go with a yoke, but I'm so used to force feedback. I wish they would come out with a FFB yoke system.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

I'm using a X52 Pro. My CH yoke and rudder pedals failed me.I'm thinking about picking up another set of pedals soon though.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

CH yolk and pedals and a bunch of GoFlight stuff. One day I am going to have a garage sale and get rid of some stuff since I have two yolks and two pedals and I do not use the Goflight stuff.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

DanI don't think that screws are supplied (can't remember!)but there are special holes underneath for the purpose.It makes a good firm platform and can easily be removed iif required.David

I recently bought a precision flight controls desktop set. Beech controller, pedals and throttle quadrant. In the past I have had a sidewinder, ch yoke and pedals and and x52. If you can handle the dollars the PFC controllers are sweet.I thought long and hard as the cost was definitely going to get noticed by her indoors. Definitely very smooth, lack of detente at the neutral positions. Very similar feel to the piper I fly in the real world as a weekend warrior. Shorter range of motion on the elevator but definitely plenty of resolution to fly smoooooth. Throttle quad has a nive feel too. Decent amount of resistance and a variety of lever sets to immerse your self fully.Dell Farnan

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. im amazed. just got it todayThrustmaster HOTAS Cougar. im amazed. just got it today
Same here !I've been using it for a while now. I programed most of the mcp controls on the joystick and throttle, in flight I only usethe mouse for the overheadpanel and fmc. The HOTAS concept isn't very Boeing-like but it's very convenient ! (that's one more reason for a pmdg airbus :( ).The quality is very good : mostly metal and thus very stable (and heavy).For the rudder, I use Saitek's rudder pedals.

Guest acezboy561

Logitech 3D Exteme Pro.