Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

What do PMDG Pilots do in real life?

Retired USAF Major with BSEE and MBA, commercial multiengine pilot, working part time as a contract engineer until this recession runs its course. Kids grown, single again and enjoying South Texas winters.

Dan Downs KCRP

36yrs and after studying Mechanical Engineering, I joined the maintenance devision of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as a 737 Structures Engineer. After a couple of years I transfered to the position of 747 Landing Gear System Engineer, which I did for about 2 years. Late 2006 I got into my current position as Project Engineer and as such I'm working on the integration and joint working efforts of KLM and Air France.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Retired construction engineer, since 2 year. When active, liable for project planning and cost control. Spent my working life in huge project, Saudi Arabia, Libya and of course here in Sweden./ Leffe

Policeman, but frustrated airline pilot!

Hi allIm 25, from London UK. I work in the city in financial advisory (but i dont get those bonuses you hear about in the news!). I always wanted to be an airline pilot, but poor eyesight took the wind out of those sails when i was 15. I toyed with the idea of engineering, and did do a course in air transport management after university, but decided airline management was perhaps not the safest job-wise. Hence i took the easy option. Little did i know that finance industry would collapse too. Oh well.Been flight simming since version 5.0. Find very little time for it lately, but LDS/PMDG are the only things i fly when i do get the chance. Also love gliding and private flying when i get the opportunity. Hope to start PPL soon...Interesting topic!Rob

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Guest jeffg

I am 55 years old and live in Ponte Vedra Beach,Fl. I have worked for the past 35 years as a FireFighter/Paramedic and will be retiring in June. I just finished my CFI this past year and plan on teaching after retirement.I have been flight simming since 1999 and own everything PMDG has put on the market plus most every other aircraft out there. Whats bad is as you get older and doing more ie family and your real life flying on the computer has been getting less and less but I still love flying online. JeffG

Hello, I am currently a freshman at Gonzaga University in Spokane. I am studying Broadcasting and Electronic Media but as always I am thinking about flying. After school I am hoping to get my PPL and go on to get my commercial after that. I do love my major and think I can do that while I am in flight training and it will give me something to fall back on if it doesn't work out. I am currently enjoying flying the Flight 1 Citation mustang and PMDG 747-400x. I am holding out for the 737NGX. Sam W

iam 32 y old, and a cook in austria... damn, i love cooking, but my real love would be an airline pilot.... and at my job now, nobody wants to hear anything about planes- these plasphemic guys :( :( a few years before, i had to choose between my dreamcar, or the PPL....

Reg

Klaus

from LOWG

I am a firefighter with the Melbourne Metropolitan Fire Brigade in Australia. I started off as a plumber and joined the fire brigade 21 years ago, attaining the rank of Senior Station Officer in 2003. If I could go back in time I think I would have stayed at school and become a pilot. I don't know why exactly but I have a fascination with all aspects of flying which borders on an obsession.Oh, if anyone was wondering, my avatar is a photo I me sitting in "Elvis", one of the helicopters sent to Australia during our summer to help fight the bushfires.Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I'm 44, live in the UK where I have several jobs, but mainly I work training people on computer software and work as a copywriter when not doing that. I have pilot's licence but prefer flying gliders to powered aircraft.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm 25 years old and live in Paris (France).I am currently finishing my pharmacy studies and plan to work in the marketing/management field for the pharmaceutical industry.I've allways been a big aviation fan and first wanted to become a pilot (fighter pilot initialy) but couldn't because of my visual acuity.I then thought of becoming an aeronautical engineer but soon found out that intensive math wasn't for me ! I finaly ended up in pharmacy which was my other main interest since i was a child (making potions with plants :( ).I've been in this flight simulation hobby for at least 10 years now and I'd like to obtain a ppl now if I find the time.In my free time I also enjoy creating electronic music on my computer ( with propellerheads' reason).I've lived in Hong Kong for 4 years before 1997 and the mythical kai tak approach was allways very impressive. The first time I landed in Hong Kong, a typhoon was arriving on thecity ! You can imagine the turbulence ! I don't know how the pilot managed to land his 747-400...

I am 39 (suppose to be 40 but stayed back :( ), and live in Massachusetts in the US. About 30 minutes from KBOS and about 5 from KLWM. I am an ex US Army Ranger and a Master Scuba diver hopefully by the end of this coming summer will have my long awaited instructer cert. Of course it will most likely be a very part time gig just on weekends at my local dive shop until I can someday afford that dream move to the Cayman Islands. I am also a musician like some others here. I play drums and a little guitar for fun, but spend a lot of time writing more symphony style scores on my keyboards and like to play a lot of classical piano. I am a plumber and computer tech for my main trades. Currently, like millions of others, I am actually unemployeed being that I don't work for a company, and have just been doing side work the past few months since the last computer company I worked for went under. Luckily around here I have lots of sidework that is better than most full time jobs I've had, although as we exit the cold season may need something more solid since boiler work will slow down to a crawl.If I had it all to do over I would have a tough time between picking between my two professions I wanted as long as I can remember. An airline pilot or Playboy photographer :(PS @ Andrew Dixon: Is that what that is in your pic? Haha, I always thought that was a fork lift :)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest Cag40Navy

I have my ways of work, so i as of now i dont have perminent job.

I'm a 34 years old software developer (aka nerd :( ) from Majorca, SpainI also play guitar, write songs and sing just for the fun of it. Used to play in a band with some friends, but we split long ago.

Well, I live in Alaska & have my entire life (40 years)I was a public servant (police officer) for several years. Hung all that up and now work for the state of Alaska, Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. I have other duties tho that far exceed that of bringing home the bacon :)Ya know, being the best husband I can & best daddy I know how to the two blessings we have :( :( :( This is a good idea for a post and is interesting to read.Have a great day all.@Turbine 777Good one on the holding from the "40" thing..LOL