Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

What do PMDG Pilots do in real life?

WOW! Awesome! I play alot of guitar too but I play more acoustic with my Taylor 214ce. Right now i'm writing my first song and hope I get it recorded at my friends home studio :D But yeah it is nice to have a fellow musician flying in FS ;)
I have a Taylor 514ce, they're awesome guitars.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

51 Years OldFlying the 330 and 320 with Aerlingus23000 Hrs TTStarted Flying at 18.Still lovin it everyday.
Hi,I knew that aircrews could be simultaneously qualified in the 330 and 340 but I didn't know about the 320 and 330.Is this a frequent occurence at Aerlingus?Bruno

Hi,I knew that aircrews could be simultaneously qualified in the 330 and 340 but I didn't know about the 320 and 330.Is this a frequent occurence at Aerlingus?Bruno
It is fairly common with the more senior Capts. and FOs but it is a seperate type rating. The Conversion course is shorter though and only takesabout 7 working days if you were already type rated on the 320. Hope this helps.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

It is fairly common with the more senior Capts. and FOs but it is a seperate type rating. The Conversion course is shorter though and only takesabout 7 working days if you were already type rated on the 320. Hope this helps.
Yes indeed, it does help. I didn't know this kind of "cross training" existed for aircraft types that are quite different - especially in terms of weight (and maybe also cockpit layout and control laws - in spite of the obvious family relation but maybe you could elaborate more on that ?).Thanks,Bruno PS : I am not a commercial pilot : only an ultralight pilot with - unfortunately very limited - jumpseat time in the 319/320 so you're not talking to an expert there :(

Guest FlyingFrog

I am a 44 year old electronics engineer in canada. Hold various ratings such as glider instructor, PPL, IFR, floats and working on my Commercial rating. Have been flying since I was 15, having been one of the luckey ones to have recieved my flight training through the Royal Canadian Air Cadets and the Canadian Armed Forces. Did a short stint in the forces as a fighter pilot before crohn's got me.

HI! Im 17 years old boy from finland (North Of Europe). Im studying because I want to become a pilot.

Guest tizi

i'M 14, a pupil in the german highshool, and fsx flyer

Yes indeed, it does help. I didn't know this kind of "cross training" existed for aircraft types that are quite different - especially in terms of weight (and maybe also cockpit layout and control laws - in spite of the obvious family relation but maybe you could elaborate more on that ?).Thanks,Bruno PS : I am not a commercial pilot : only an ultralight pilot with - unfortunately very limited - jumpseat time in the 319/320 so you're not talking to an expert there :(
As the A330 is FBW its programed to fly and feel like a 320, and it does for the most part.Differences being mainly in:Fuel opsThe Extra FMGSSlightly different V-SpeedsA Few minor systme differences.Alot of the training was on the flying NATS and that sort of long haul thing.Apart from that they feel almost Identical.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

25 years old.Commercial Pilot, flying a PA34 Seneca III as a Co-Pilot for an Air-Taxi company in Brazil.When time and money permits, I fly gliders on weekends, flying a Grob G-103 twin 2 and a SZD48 Jantar Standard. Both are amazing machines.And also, I fly the Air-towing planes, just for the fun of it. And yes, I have the license. The plane: Aeroboero 180.Currently with 450 hours, and 64 hours for gliders.

Jefferson Santos
sbpa.png

25 years old.Commercial Pilot, flying a PA34 Seneca III as a Co-Pilot for an Air-Taxi company in Brazil.When time and money permits, I fly gliders on weekends, flying a Grob G-103 twin 2 and a SZD48 Jantar Standard. Both are amazing machines.And also, I fly the Air-towing planes, just for the fun of it. And yes, I have the license. The plane: Aeroboero 180.Currently with 450 hours, and 64 hours for gliders.
Hey Jefferson,I used to fly the Grob 103 as an Air Cadet in the UK.We called them the Viking. 1st solo was my 16th birthday. I agree they are wonderful machines.Many fond memories!Best wishes

I have a Taylor 514ce, they're awesome guitars.
I play the drums. Should we start a pmdg band?Jack C

Like many already said, very interesting to read what everyone does IRL!I'm 38 years old (will turn 39 in just a couple of weeks) and I live in Stockholm the capital of Sweden with my girlfriend and my son who is 17 years old and stays with us every second week and the other weeks at his mom's place.I've been in the IT business for about 15 years now and currently I'm working for a French IT company as an infrastructure consultant helping companies design new IT environments and improving their already existing ones. However like so many others in here I would LOVE to have my office at FL350 instead :( How I wish I would have realized that many years ago when I was still in the right age to pursuit such a dream but maybe I will one day try to get myself a PPL at least if time and money permit. My son is also very interested in aviation but haven't made up his mind 100% yet what he wants to do with his life but trying to get himself a career in aviation is one of the options he considers and he has great grades so maybe I'll be one very proud (and envious :() father one day...we'll see! We often go out to ESSA (Arlanda) spotting a/c, I'm very happy we live so close to a rather busy airport where we have the chance to see both small and some big birds like Thai Airways 747 t/o and land :( When it comes to FS I guess FS95 or was it FS98 was the first FS version for me but I also remember flying some kind of simulator on my Amiga 500 when I was a kid, don't remember the name of it though. I also tried Fly and Flight Unlimited many years ago when they hit the market. Today I only use FSX and currently only PMDG a/c but have put a number of hours in other company's a/c as well but then decided to "clean" my FSX and only keep what I find is the best of the best...that one is for you PMDG guys! Now I only wait for that NGX to arrive like everyone else...maybe just in time for my birthday B) The most amazing thing I've experienced in simulation was a couple of years ago when I had the chance to try a real full motion 737-700 sim at SAS Flight Academy, that is a day I will never forget!!Well...that was a little something about me and maybe I could also mention that today is a very happy day for me because I just (and finally...) passed the FO exam over at Virtual Pilots Association where I'm a member so now I'm looking forward to that third golden stripe...although only a virtual one...B)

Richard Åsberg

I'm a game programmer (PC/Mac, DS, Wii) with my PPL, instrument rating, and some commercial training. I realized about halfway through my studies to become a professional pilot that enormous training costs + low pay + an ailing industry was not a very smart career choice for me, but I still enjoy flying for pleasure.