Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

What do PMDG Pilots do in real life?

39y and working in the sales division of a US based telco/service provider in Belgium...Kids think I'm nuts too ....:-))

Guest KLM_PILOT

im from Toronto, Canada and i'm still in high school working my way up to become a commercial pilot

Live in Manitoba, Canada, 57, Flying for a living since my early 20's both fixed and rotary wing, untill last year on the CL215 & a light twin doing forest fire suppression for about a 10 year period, regional airline before that, and now work for the feds. Been into flight sims since the late 1980's & still enjoy it immensly. Have a coworker who is into it too. Gives me a chance to experience aircraft I will not get my hands on in real life.....love the learning process. Just got the MD11 and think I'll get the full manual set.Dave

Guest triplesevenheaven

Hong Kong Based 747-400 pilot, about to convert to 777-200/300/ER. Should be easy to work out which airline!

I am 49 living in Smyrna GA (think Julia Roberts though she never comes home :( ). I work for an engineering firm as an NDT tech. The real irony in that is while in the Marines, at the engine shop on Okinawa, I used to send stuff to the NDT shop. I was also a crew chief on CH-46Es. I got into flight simming when I bought my first PC and bought Jane's Fighter Anthology in 2000. What can I say, I have been flying now for close to 42 years now and don't plan on stopping at least as a passenger or in FS with my 737NG and Beech 1900C/D. I really want to pick up the MD-11 so I can fly some FedEx and World Air routes. From mid July last year to the July 4th weekend this year, between work and vacations, I have been in 17 airports in 7 countries with 2 of them having flying into previously. I can't ever recall flying so much in one year.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

I'm surprised this topic is still going.Nearing the end of July, it's almost time to bring out the big iron on the farm!resized_201075225324777_49.jpgresized_201075225313902_49.jpgWe just got these two machines. They cost about $300,000 each.Things are looking pretty good this year though! Harvest usually lasts from around the first week in August until it freezes, so just a note to the PMDG folks, if there is no NGX within the next week or so, you can all go on vacation until I'm done combining. :( Jeff Calder

Jeff Calder

I'm surprised this topic is still going.Nearing the end of July, it's almost time to bring out the big iron on the farm!resized_201075225324777_49.jpgresized_201075225313902_49.jpgWe just got these two machines. They cost about $300,000 each.Things are looking pretty good this year though! Harvest usually lasts from around the first week in August until it freezes, so just a note to the PMDG folks, if there is no NGX within the next week or so, you can all go on vacation until I'm done combining. :( Jeff Calder
Nice!! I am a self admited John Deere swag collector! I have everything from diecast models to nick nacks to a full size Deere gas pump!!As for me, I own a small buisness in Burnaby BC Canada building custom flight cases for the music/entertainment/corprate industry. I have done work for AC/DC, Brian Adams, Nickleback, The Police.......ect. I have had my PPL for 10 years, and living in the Vancouver area, I get to do some of the best flying in the world. Other than that I also collect Geminijets 1/400 1/200 scale diecast planes.

Guest bratonabike

i live in australia and currently 15, dont have a job yet, but i need one haha

I am a M1A1 Abrams mechanic, in the US Army. Currently deployed and flying as often as I can in FSX.

Hi all,27 years old, hailing from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Currently a general surgeon, beginning plastic surgery training (residency) in february. My other passions besides aviation are surfing, scuba-diving, and snowboarding. Spent these last ten years frequently in the jump seat of Varig´s 777 fleet since my uncle was a senior captain for the airline and could easily get me tickets, therefore I´m looking forward to PMDG´s triple seven. Was flying a light sport aircraftwhich is an absolute joy to fly but had to stop due to work. Hopefully I´ll be able to return in a couple of years. Since then I´ve been flying an SR-22 on and off.

I'm 26, and live east of the Ruhr-area/ germany. I started to fly gliders when I was 15, but always was short on money and finally ran out of it at ~3/4 when I was 19. Well, I was at school at this time, so not the big opportunites to earn money.Nowadays I work as a mechanic in a company for industry automation.. you want something to run automatic, we build it. It's really nice not to do the same thing every day, because every project is different and demands another focus. 2 years ago I married, built a house, then first kid, and 3 months ago the 2nd. First it's nice to have young parents- and second it's nice to have the kids grown up when you are in the mid-40's and earn enough money to start the PPL again.. :(

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

G'Day allIm 23, live in Australia. I am an aircraft maintenance engineer by trade, with lots of time spent playing with BAe146s, B717s, B727s and Dash-8s. Now Im a full time charter pilot and instructor. Flying anything and everything between the old Tigermoth up to the PA31.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

I'm going on 47 this year. i work as Firefighter/Engineer im also in the SRT Team = Special Rescue Tech Team.. That Specializes in High angle Rescue, Trench Rescue, Building Collapes Rescue, and Confined Space Rescue.... Waiting patiently for the 737 NGX to arrive at the Gate :(

Aside from my PMDG job, I'm a professional musician. I make guitar transcription books (aka "tabs", hence my username) of popular rock and metal music for the major US publishers (Alfred Publishing and Hal Leonard Corp.) as my main day job, and I play lead guitar in a touring band: http://www.myspace.com/sketchinginstereoI'm tossing around the idea of trying to become an air traffic controller the next time the FAA does open hiring, kinda getting burnt out a bit on the guitar book thing lately.
WOW! Awesome! I play alot of guitar too but I play more acoustic with my Taylor 214ce. Right now i'm writing my first song and hope I get it recorded at my friends home studio :D But yeah it is nice to have a fellow musician flying in FS ;)