Sign in to follow this  
jcalder

What do PMDG Pilots do in real life?

I play the drums. Should we start a pmdg band?Jack C
If You guys will look for some "devil" into Your band, I play ESP Horizon + Engl Savage120, killer sound Big%20Grin.gif

Hey Jefferson,I used to fly the Grob 103 as an Air Cadet in the UK.We called them the Viking. 1st solo was my 16th birthday. I agree they are wonderful machines.Many fond memories!Best wishes
Hey, Benji.Sorry for the late reply!Yeah, I simply love flying that bird, the G-103 is a great machine, both for instructing new pilots or just for the fun of it.My favorite glider, so far. Ever tried a Loop on one of those? :smile:Best Regards.

Jefferson Santos
sbpa.png

Hey gents, Im a 17 year old teenager ( DAMN THOSE PUNKS tongue.gif) in my spare time i like to bother old people, come home late, listen to my ipod as loud as it goes to bother other people. laugh.gifHAH no i kidwink.gif. i love to snowboard and skateboard in my spare time (which i have alot of). im currently in highschool hopefully to become a commercial pilot. wub.gifCheers Duco

I work for a major fast food company. In more recent time period for using MS Flight Sims,CFS2,CFS3 AND now FSX with alot of addons. I fly a few times a week as much as possible. I have been waiting for NGX from PMDG for a long time and mind waiting bit more for it. I have PMDG's 747-400X, however its on my other computer which unfornately I have'nt been able to use because of a video card problem.:(

I've been in the Airline/Aviation business for 20 years now. Started when I was just 19 years old back in 1990 when I attended College of Aeronautics (now Vaughn College of Aeronautics & Technology, across from KLGA) studying Avionics. Somehow never used my degree for that field, but ended up in Management for a couple of airlines and currently Regional Human Resources for an Aviation Service company for the last 5 years.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Guest GVIIN777

I'm a church organist/choir director in Milwaukee.If you're in town come visit the big domed church at 6th and Lincoln.

Guest flyingsparky

Great thread.I am 44 years old, live in Horley which is next to London Gatwick and own an electrical contracting business. I am in the middle of my PPl flying out of Redhill, (hence my user name).Been simming since 1995 but was hooked on flying long before that.If I could do it all again, not trying for a flying career when I was young would be the only mistake I didn't make again!Love photography but really just starting to learn.Spent wayyyy to much money on upgrades, etc but if its in your blood.....Clive.

Yell at my computer, And now it doesn't even work. I'm not kidding. No more FS for a while. Or DeltaVA.

I'm 34 and a qualified Accountant here in Aust - left a $200k/yr job to do my own business consulting and work 11 months out of 12. Sure I get paid a bit less, but I'm enjoying life. I learned long ago that you get paid the 'big bucks' for a reason and, esp in the acctg field, the company gets about $400k worth of work out of you. anyway, i started a midlife career change to prof flying but then also realised the $$ and bad job prospects before quitting it. I still fly the old 172SP on the weekends or whenever time permits. Here in Aust, we have fresh CPLs popping out of the woodwork so jobs are few and far between (you'll find a lot of fresh CPLs working for McDonalds or service stations!) plus the T&C's for pilots are being degraded everyday (ref to the post on single pilot airliners!). with all that said, I still love FS flying esp online. I listen to LiveATC every now and then just to get a 'feel' for the environment.

I'm 34 and a qualified Accountant here in Aust - left a $200k/yr job to do my own business consulting and work 11 months out of 12. Sure I get paid a bit less, but I'm enjoying life. I learned long ago that you get paid the 'big bucks' for a reason and, esp in the acctg field, the company gets about $400k worth of work out of you. anyway, i started a midlife career change to prof flying but then also realised the $$ and bad job prospects before quitting it. I still fly the old 172SP on the weekends or whenever time permits. Here in Aust, we have fresh CPLs popping out of the woodwork so jobs are few and far between (you'll find a lot of fresh CPLs working for McDonalds or service stations!) plus the T&C's for pilots are being degraded everyday (ref to the post on single pilot airliners!). with all that said, I still love FS flying esp online. I listen to LiveATC every now and then just to get a 'feel' for the environment.
Ah, the good old 172S model. I have to admit no other model 172 flies quite like that one. And speaking as relatively young CPL (about 7 months now), yeah, the market sucks. But there are always other things to do like instructing. Also, gliding is really cheap (compared to anything powered).

Guest Jarad

I am 27 and an Air Traffic Controller at ZDC. Originally from Arizona and went to school to be a Pilot (Commercial SMEL & Instrument) and even hired on at a regional to fly CRJ-900's before the industry tanked and class was canceled. A short 2 years after that I was hired on with the FAA. I have been simming since the first version of MSFS came out on windows 3.1 and have been addicted since.

Guest davidaz68

i'm 42, I work in italy as MD11 captain, 10 years of flying with this bird. I've been involved in the PMDG project as a beta tester. I use FS when i have to fly to airports where i've never been before. it's a great tool for that.

Always very cool to read when real drivers say they are actually able to use FS to later have an advantage IRL, to be that really says a whole lot how good FS has become with all advanced addons!

Richard Åsberg

I have just started University at Leeds, United Kingdom,I am studying popular and world music [bA Honors] 3 years full time,I play drum kit to proffessional standard, and also amatuer to guitar, keyboards, bass, steel pan, song writingOn week 1 now :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I'm a flight simulator engineer, writing and updating simulation software for commercial flight simulators.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg