Sign in to follow this  
bojote

FSX vSync FIX

"My vsysnc choices in inspector are Force On, Force off and Use 3D application setting. I am assuming the latter, Use 3D application setting" is the correct setting?
No - it's Force on, Brad, according to Nick's updated posts.Sorry NZ!! I missed your post!!! and couldn't retract or delete this one. You da MAN!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest nzch2010
No - it's Force on, Brad, according to Nick's updated posts.Sorry NZ!! I missed your post!!! and couldn't retract or delete this one. You da MAN!
That's ok Paul, I do it all the timeJust%20Kidding.gif

In [GRAPHICS] (not DISPLAY) add this:ForceFullScreenVSync=1And yes, its 1, not 'True'and set your driver to let the application manage vsync. just tested now with my nVidia card, and I can confirm it works. Can an ATI user test? I tested also in my laptop which uses a crappy intel card and it also worked... so either I'm completely dilusional or this is one of those 'miracle tweaks' (for ATI users) test and report.
it does not work in windowed version. i set ForceWindowedVSync=1 but nothing happens when not in full screen.

Could anybody post the ATI Catalyst Control Centre settings configured with this tweak (ForceWindowedVSync=1) please? My CCC version is 11.4 and I have Radeon HD5970. Thank you in advance.

it does not work in windowed version. i set ForceWindowedVSync=1 but nothing happens when not in full screen.
I cannot get it to work in Windowed mode either with my GTX 580. Wonder if its driver specific? I've got 270.61 with nvidia Inspector. Tried the above mentioned settings, along with varying the options in inspector from Application controlled to Force on and doesn't seem to make a difference...shame

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I'm running FSX in windowed mode under Win7 x64 and I have a GTX480 card and I have this "tearing" problem. Sorry if I missed it but is there anything that works for us running FSX in windowed mode?

Richard Åsberg

I'm running FSX in windowed mode under Win7 x64 and I have a GTX480 card and I have this "tearing" problem. Sorry if I missed it but is there anything that works for us running FSX in windowed mode?
Sorry for the short answer but.... NO.Jim

Jim Wenham

Ok, thanks Jim! Then I can stop searching for a way to fix it.

Richard Åsberg

Just to add something here. I have my nVidia Control panel and FSX nVidia Inspector profile set to VertSync=ForceOn. I have also added the line ForceWindowedVSync=1 to the Graphics section of the fsx.cfg file. In FSX I still get some 'shaking' of textures in windowed mode when I pan around in spot view (I use FS-SIMtimizer to give a full screen appearance, and I can then run PlanG map on my 2nd. monitor), but nothing too horrendous. If I remove the FS-SIMtimizer line from the cfg file however things become pretty awful, with the ground and cloud textures tearing themselves to pieces, or so it seems. I reinstate the ForceWindowedVSync=1 line and restart FSX - things OK again. Not perfect when I pan sharply (compared to true Full Screen mode), but acceptable.So the ForceWindowedVSync=1 line is clearly doing something..Martin

I tried this on my ati 7970 and I have tearing with the "preview directx10" unchecked.  With it checked I don't have tearing.  Is this expected behaviour?

Just to add something here. I have my nVidia Control panel and FSX nVidia Inspector profile set to VertSync=ForceOn. I have also added the line ForceWindowedVSync=1 to the Graphics section of the fsx.cfg file. In FSX I still get some 'shaking' of textures in windowed mode when I pan around in spot view (I use FS-SIMtimizer to give a full screen appearance, and I can then run PlanG map on my 2nd. monitor), but nothing too horrendous. If I remove the FS-SIMtimizer line from the cfg file however things become pretty awful, with the ground and cloud textures tearing themselves to pieces, or so it seems. I reinstate the ForceWindowedVSync=1 line and restart FSX - things OK again. Not perfect when I pan sharply (compared to true Full Screen mode), but acceptable.So the ForceWindowedVSync=1 line is clearly doing something..Martin

Have you been following Nvidias new release Gsync. You will be amazed by it. Will solve everything.

Have you been following Nvidias new release Gsync. You will be amazed by it. Will solve everything.

No, I haven't. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm tryin to solve my issue with TrackIR and tearing, on

1) NI I set "Use 3d application setting"

2) add ForceFullScreenVSync=1 in fsx.cfg

3) set FPS=30 in FSX (my monitor has 60Htz refresh rate)

4) Use DX10 Fixer

When I move up and down tearing is more evident respect moving left or right.

Are correct my parameter or do you suggest me anything else?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270