Sign in to follow this  
bojote

FSX vSync FIX

I just tested it with Vertical refresh on "Off, unless application specifies" but no luck again.

Thanks a miracle for this *******, even in my poor Pentium 820 it stopped the tearing, even in low fps situations! You sir, are a Genius!! muchas muchas gracias :)

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Guest mrmrb

Hi, I just recently installed W7 and FSX Deluxe Edition using Nick's setup guide. I have a 5850 Asus and a AMD 955BE. I experience very bad tearing with the ATI, and it comes to the point that I can't stand it anymore. And apparently ******* found a fix to it. This is how I tried doing it.1. Go into FSX folder. 2. Locate FSX.cfg3. Under graphics i put in "ForceFullScreenVSync=1" (without quotations) 4. I save file and close.5. I open up FSX and test it.6. Tearing is still there. nothing has changed. I couldn't apply the fix. Could anyone give a step-by-step guide on how to do it?

Guest GeorgeStarfox

hey there! Thanks for this magic Fix!!! I wanted this fix so bad!Im having the same problem with mm rb . I dont know where to start and apply the force vnsyc. To be more specific i cant locate the graphics file.The only files im able to see from fsx.cfgs are display,elumens,terrain and scenery. Can you please post a step by step guide for those who arent that familiar with this?Im on Windows 7 64 bit and i use the 5970. Thanks in Advance! :(

Hi, I just recently installed W7 and FSX Deluxe Edition using Nick's setup guide. I have a 5850 Asus and a AMD 955BE. I experience very bad tearing with the ATI, and it comes to the point that I can't stand it anymore. And apparently ******* found a fix to it. This is how I tried doing it.1. Go into FSX folder. 2. Locate FSX.cfg3. Under graphics i put in "ForceFullScreenVSync=1" (without quotations) 4. I save file and close.5. I open up FSX and test it.6. Tearing is still there. nothing has changed. I couldn't apply the fix. Could anyone give a step-by-step guide on how to do it?
The FSX.cfg is not located in the FSX folder: it is in your \Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.
I cant locate the graphics file.The only files im able to see from fsx.cfgs are display,elumens,terrain and scenery.
Open your FSX.cfg file and scroll down to find this header:-[Graphics]...then insert the vsync fix anywhere under that. It will be there.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest mrmrb

EDIT: I made a folder on C drive and installed FSX there, just like the way it said on NickN's installation guide.Sorry but I did not understand. I'm a noob and I really need this please.. Could someone do me and everybody else reading this thread a favour by posting a step-by-step guide on locating the cfg?I use Windows 7 and I'm sure everyone else is probably using it..

EDIT: I made a folder on C drive and installed FSX there, just like the way it said on NickN's installation guide.Sorry but I did not understand. I'm a noob and I really need this please.. Could someone do me and everybody else reading this thread a favour by posting a step-by-step guide on locating the cfg?I use Windows 7 and I'm sure everyone else is probably using it..
The FSX.cfg is not located in the FSX folder: it is in your \Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.I realize you are a newbie but are you saying that you dont understand this part - \Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.Open Windows Explorer - Windows key + R - type explorer - or select Windows Explorer from the main menuFind the C: drive - double click to expandFind the USERS folder - double click tp expandFind <your name> folder - double click to expand Find Appdata folder- double click to expandFind Roaming folder - double click to expandFind Microsoft folder - double click top expandFind FSX folder - double click to expandThe fsx.cfg file is in thereIF you don't see it - look up top for the TOOLS section in the menu - click it and scroll down to FOLDER OPTIONS - click thatClick on the VIEW tabscroll down the list andCHECK - Show Hidden Files & FodersUNCHECK - Hide extensions for known filetypesUNCHECK - Hide protected operating system filesclose that and try to find the FSX.CFG file again.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest GeorgeStarfox
The FSX.cfg is not located in the FSX folder: it is in your \Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.Open your FSX.cfg file and scroll down to find this header:-[Graphics]...then insert the vsync fix anywhere under that. It will be there.
Thank You very much! Greetings from Greece! :(

Guest GeorgeStarfox

Confirm,working with the 5970! However i noticed just a little bit of it like only a slice of it when i turn the camera around but i might be coming from the cpu that didnt overclock yet cause im waiting to set a the noctua nh-d14 to do it.( some of you may know this awsome cooler) I have an i7 930 2.8 stock or it might be cause of no bluring.The fix works awsome,Many thanks to the gys again! :(

hi i also set in the vsync in graphics but should i set fps to unlimited or 60 or what in fsx

Hi, Thanks for the tip about vSync. I tried to use it in windowed mode, It seems to work as my FPS don't go aver 30 (sometimes they go to 20 when the scene is autogen intensive), and my FSX limiter is set to 40. However I still have some stutters. Do you think the fact my computer has two screens may cause the problem ? I play in window mode as I like to have all my maps, pdfs and so on on the other screen which is impossible in full screen (I'd really like to however). I tried to limit my FPS with FPS limiter instead of the internal game limiter, but it doesn't work well, more over the green caracters from FPS limiter appear on the EZCA window, not in the FSX window..... If someone has an idea.... here are my specs : Q96550@stock4Go Ram DDR IISystem on Raid 0, FsX on a RaptorRadeon 4870 with the last drivers. vista 64FSX SP2. PS : played a bit with SM3, wonderful ;-)RegardsJerome

I never had tearing but forcing vsync has done no harm to my system. BP=0 gave me a massive boost (50% to 80% increase in FPS @ KSEA) and the external frame limiter is helping a lot with micro stutters and for sure will be even more helpful when I get a GTX480.******* is our savior (never thought I'd hear myself say that).SpeedQuad Q6600 @ 2.4GhzRadeon HD3870x26gig DDR2 800MhzTripleHead2go @ 3840x1024TrackIR4GoFlightWin7 x64FTX;MTX;UTX;FEX;GEX

Not to sound stupid, which is one thing I can never avoid, I can not find a Graphics.ini or Graphics.cfg file in FSX. Exactly where do I go to make this miracle fix to my system. I have a (keep the boos and hisses to a minimum please) HD4650 that I'd like to try this on.

Not to sound stupid, which is one thing I can never avoid, I can not find a Graphics.ini or Graphics.cfg file in FSX. Exactly where do I go to make this miracle fix to my system. I have a (keep the boos and hisses to a minimum please) HD4650 that I'd like to try this on.
No problem. Don't look for a "Graphics.ini" or "Graphics.cfg" file. It's the "FSX.cfg" that you need to append. Actually, PaulJ posted the info previously. Here ya go:The FSX.cfg is not located in the FSX folder: it is in your \Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. (in WinXP, it's \Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\FSX) Open your FSX.cfg file and scroll down to find this header:-[Graphics]...then insert the vsync fix anywhere under that. It will be there.

Alexander Alonso

In [GRAPHICS] (not DISPLAY) add this:ForceFullScreenVSync=1And yes, its 1, not 'True'and set your driver to let the application manage vsync. just tested now with my nVidia card, and I can confirm it works. Can an ATI user test? I tested also in my laptop which uses a crappy intel card and it also worked... so either I'm completely dilusional or this is one of those 'miracle tweaks' (for ATI users) test and report.
"My vsysnc choices in inspector are Force On, Force off and Use 3D application setting. I am assuming the latter, Use 3D application setting" is the correct setting?