Sign in to follow this  
Zachiii

Those J41 nasty bezel lines

My J41 gets those nasty bezel lines that snake around the borders of cockpit instruments.They are generally gone for night operations.My understanding was that PMDG was to "fix" this old problem, and that was a long time ago. If there is a fix would someone let me know what to do.And, yes, the J41 is the best, the only one I fly...but some times I think I have very small snakes onboard.zach

Same thing here and what many of our friends here suggested AND it worked for me.Go to the JS4100 folder in the root of FSX, open Configuration Manager and set to "Medium" on the left and right.Again, it stopped all the graphical glitches I was having in the VC.cthiggin

Same thing here and what many of our friends here suggested AND it worked for me.Go to the JS4100 folder in the root of FSX, open Configuration Manager and set to "Medium" on the left and right.Again, it stopped all the graphical glitches I was having in the VC.cthiggin
The Configuration Manger adjustment may have helped a little, but I still have most of the problem.

The configuration manager "fix" is for a different problem than you described. Some users who are using the high res cockpit are getting geometric artifacts flickering around the VC. What you are describing is something else entirely that can only be fixed with an update.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

The configuration manager "fix" is for a different problem than you described. Some users who are using the high res cockpit are getting geometric artifacts flickering around the VC. What you are describing is something else entirely that can only be fixed with an update.
Vin,What update, please.zach

Vin has already stated that "there is a fix pending". When the update is available, I am sure that he will let us know :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Vin,What update, please.zach
Oh I'm sorry... reread my post and realized I wasn't clear. We are working on an update that has not yet been released that addresses a handful of issues, including the shimmering bezels.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest abulaafia
Oh I'm sorry... reread my post and realized I wasn't clear. We are working on an update that has not yet been released that addresses a handful of issues, including the shimmering bezels.
Wonderful! Thank you!

Vin, you wouldn't by chance have done any work on the landing lights, have you? You know, the kind that are on the Lotus L-39? :( I just had to ask.

Oh cool there is a fix coming for this. Yesterday I did the tutorial flight again to refresh my J41 skills some and I noticed the same thing. I always thought it was an AA problem, but I guess not. If it were AA, I would think 8xQ would be high enough to fix it.I look forward to the patch!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

If you use an Nvidia card, try setting "Antialiasing - Gamma Correction" to off in the Nvidia control panel. For me it made the lines less noticeable (but definitely still there).

If you use an Nvidia card, try setting "Antialiasing - Gamma Correction" to off in the Nvidia control panel. For me it made the lines less noticeable (but definitely still there).
If you have a powerful Nvidia card, try the 8XSQ AA mode in nHancer too - that makes the effect nearly undetectable on my machine.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There is still a fix pending....
That's good news... I have the same nasty problem. :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Ho, ho, ho. I'm all excited now.All I want for Christmas is the J41 shimmering bezels fix.I trust Christmas will come early!zachPS: And yes, the J41 is indeed the best!