Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Using the Reality XP in the Bonanza?

Just wondering if anyone has installed either the Reality GNS XP 430 or 530 WAAS XP into the F33 and, if so, is it very hard to modify the config files?Thanks a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Just wondering if anyone has installed either the Reality GNS XP 430 or 530 WAAS XP into the F33 and, if so, is it very hard to modify the config files?Thanks a lot,Howard
The 430 fits nicely, the 530 only as a popup.In Vcockpit04 start by changing://gauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 6,125,500,266gauge00=RXPGNS!GNS430, 6,125,500,266and use the RXP configurator to add the popup panel.It may look better using the "no 3d knobs" model... not sure.

Bert

It may look better using the "no 3d knobs" model... not sure.
Personally I think it does...I also put the GTX327 and GMA340 audio panel in with new lightmaps for night flying.... I'm a noob when it comes to textures so I just guessed with the night lighting hehenewlgmaps.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, why don't you head over to the Flight1 RealityXP support forum on simforums and chack out the update... There is a guide how to update the GNS430/530 database to a much more recent AIRAC... From the data displayed on your start up screen in the screenshot, I am guessing you have the AIRAC supplied with the original GNS430 WAAS from RXP...If you have already done this, then please accept my apologies :)Andrew

I already got it thanks.... I think the first screen to show displays old data, but a few more screens after startup it shows the new data.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hey,does the autopilot actually work in combination with the RXP GNS430? I mean, is there a switch to go from NAV to GPS mode like in the standard airplanes, that enables the F33 AP to follow the flightplan entered in the GNS via NAV Hold mode?

Yes, the RXP GNS works just like the real thing and does everything the default FSX GPS does and more. You use the CDI switch on the GNS to switch from HDG mode to NAV mode.

Yes, the RXP GNS works just like the real thing and does everything the default FSX GPS does and more.
Well, the RXP GNS doesn't do everything the FSX GPS does: it doesn't load the flighplan you made in FSX...! So if you often alter the basic FSX airfield to airfield flightplan (like I do all the time), you've got a problem. This actually is the reason I didn't buy the RXP GNS...

Well, the RXP GNS doesn't do everything the FSX GPS does: it doesn't load the flighplan you made in FSX...! So if you often alter the basic FSX airfield to airfield flightplan (like I do all the time), you've got a problem. This actually is the reason I didn't buy the RXP GNS...
The real unit doesn't do that either... :( Seriously-that is half the challenge nowdays. Getting a full route clearance on the ground or in the air and having to find all the waypoints and type them in! Thankfully mostly you get direct.

The real unit doesn't do that either... :(
I know. :( But some people expect the RXP to do at LEAST what the FSX GPS can do and when they discover it can't load FSX plans, it may be a disappointment. Just wanted to make that clear. :( And btw I had the RXP GNS in the FS9 Dreamfleet A36 and after fooling around with it and learning the ins and outs I ended up only using the options the default FSX GPS give me also... (The default GPS isn't as bad as a lot of people think: for regular use, it's quite alright and it offers all you really need. Imho. B) ) Still, it IS nice knowing the RXP can do everything the real one can do too, even if you hardly use those options. If only they added the option to load FSX flightplans... I like things as real as it gets, but there are limits... B)

But you can save few FP's in the RXP-GNS, I think about 10...And if you know the procedures, you can build flightplans very quick...I love it.

I have both the FSX 500 and RXP530W installed in most my GA props. If I need to use a FSX generated flightplan I'll save the Nav Log as a PDF, open it in my PDF kneeboard and plug in the waypoints. I can also save it to the GPS for future use. The RXP530w saves up to 19 flightplans. The reason I have the FSX 500 is for the use of terrain map and occasional different aproaches etc. Also I use the FSX 500 for Australias Ozx airports with the BGL files for dirrect to routes to them. There is a alot of information in the RXP530W. You have your trip planning fuel planning density altitude winds TAS VNAV Terrain alletrts WAAS approaches and so much more there. I am getting the full use out of it. Also, you can only use one or the other GPS at a time. To use the default 500 you click a spot on the bottom of the RXPGNS530W to switch to default FSX Nav database. This allows you to use the 500. To go back you click it again and swith back to RXP.flya150

Scott

Hi,I've copied into the panel.cfg and added the popup with the config, and ctd, if i remove the line from the panel.cfg only the pop up stays, the plane load but the gps doesnt work.With other planes like RealAir B60 everything works fine.I think for me the problem wss this line gauge00=RXPGNS!GNS430, 6,125,500,266 it looks to me the progrm cant find the gauge.Any idea or help how to implement into this bird?

Hi,I've copied into the panel.cfg and added the popup with the config, and ctd, if i remove the line from the panel.cfg only the pop up stays, the plane load but the gps doesnt work.With other planes like RealAir B60 everything works fine.I think for me the problem wss this line gauge00=RXPGNS!GNS430, 6,125,500,266 it looks to me the progrm cant find the gauge.Any idea or help how to implement into this bird?
The popup://--------------------------------------------------------[Window01]position=8window_size=0.3571, 0.2400visible=0zorder=2ident=15431gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430,0,0,100,100The VC://--------------------------------------------------------[Vcockpit04]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Panel_bon_4gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430, 8,128,492,260gauge01=BonF33!VS, 262,394,236,106gauge02=BonF33!Autopilot, 2,70,262,56gauge03=BonF33!DME_screen, 3,396,256,100gauge04=BonF33!Panel_annuanciator, 266,37,243,90gauge06=BonF33!Auto_taxi_onoff, 0,0,275,169The rxpgns.ini file[GNS430]Popup=15431AutoPilotMode=2Radios=1LinkCdiKey=OnAutoApproach=OffLinkToVor=OnLcdStyle=OnAutoWidth=600AutoHeight=252Trainer=NoKeyClick=OffGndSpdFromDeltaLatLon=Off

Bert

Bert, I have followed the instructions above but cannot get my 430 to turn on... Plus all the wording around the dials is in green... Please can you help me retro fit ... Dave