Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

F33A BONANZA FSX SERVICE PACK 2 RELEASED

There is a new Service Pack for the F33A BONANAZA in our site.This package:- Improves (even more) some clickeable areas of the GNS430.- Solves an issue in the GNS430 related to a misplaced red line of flight plans.- Improves the flight dynamics.- Adds two NAV/ADF switches to the RMI- Changes some difficult to read textures and corrects some misspellings.If you prefer, just download again the package from the link you got after your purchase.You don't need this patch if you downloaded the package after May10th, 2010 2100 GMT.CLICK HERE TO GO TO OUR PAGECarenado

There is a new Service Pack for the F33A BONANAZA in our site.This package:- Changes some difficult to read textures and corrects some misspellings.
The Avionics Master switch used to have some garbled lettering, now it isas if someone covered the lettering up, on my system... has anyone got this to look right?

Bert

Ok I've downloaded SP 2, the click spots work now on the GPS in the VC,thanks Carenado! But, there's still a problem with the RMI (at least on my system). The needle for ADF 1 and 2 work fine, the buttons work to switch between VOR and ADF, but when switching to VOR on either needle, the needle points to around the 2 o'clock position and stays there. Adjusting the OBS on VOR 2 results in the needle swinging back and forth between 2 and 4 o'clock, plus the "NAV" flag pops out when selecting VOR and I have a station tuned. Seems like that should be the other way around, flag showing when NO station is tuned on the VOR. Maybe "3rd time will be the charm" with SP 3.Otherwise I'm lovin' the Bo !Darrell

Ok I've downloaded SP 2, the click spots work now on the GPS in the VC,thanks Carenado! But, there's still a problem with the RMI (at least on my system). The needle for ADF 1 and 2 work fine, the buttons work to switch between VOR and ADF, but when switching to VOR on either needle, the needle points to around the 2 o'clock position and stays there. Adjusting the OBS on VOR 2 results in the needle swinging back and forth between 2 and 4 o'clock, plus the "NAV" flag pops out when selecting VOR and I have a station tuned. Seems like that should be the other way around, flag showing when NO station is tuned on the VOR. Maybe "3rd time will be the charm" with SP 3.Otherwise I'm lovin' the Bo !Darrell
Perhaps we should compile a single list somewhere of the remaining bugs (at least here-the spelling on the window placards about seatbelts are still wrong, the autopilot heading bug bug (pushing heading turns the bug to your present heading) and a few others.

Perhaps we should compile a single list somewhere of the remaining bugs (at least here-the spelling on the window placards about seatbelts are still wrong, the autopilot heading bug bug (pushing heading turns the bug to your present heading) and a few others.
That sounds like a good idea Geofa ! I haven't even had time to do any detailed testing of the autopilot, just a quick trip around the pattern tonight. I did notice the flight dynamics seem much improved with the latest SP, although I haven't ran any numbers to see how well everything matches up with the real world performance charts.Darrell

That sounds like a good idea Geofa ! I haven't even had time to do any detailed testing of the autopilot, just a quick trip around the pattern tonight. I did notice the flight dynamics seem much improved with the latest SP, although I haven't ran any numbers to see how well everything matches up with the real world performance charts.Darrell
Sure feels a lot more believable both at take-off and when trimming for a landing!Actually feels really nice now.. :(

Bert

Sure feels a lot more believable both at take-off and when trimming for a landing!Actually feels really nice now.. :(
I think it flys better now also. I am all for making a comprehensive list of the remaining small glitches that bug the folks and let it simmer a few days just to cover all the bases.RayM

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Agreed - the handling is very nice, it's a real favourite with me. Thanks Carenado for fixing the ADF box position too.Confirm also the RMI problem - the RMI needles don't point to the VOR selected, but it's a step closer as the switches work!

Amen to that! That's better than having to post everything in various topics... :(

Just tried it and not that I ever flew a F33 before, but the FM is SO much more improved. TO is a lot better and the its a gem to flare now too. I do have a question... anything above say 6000 feet and it feels pretty 'wheezy'. I appreciate its not a Lear, but is that how its meant to be? Now if only they would release a layered paint kit 'multiply' is just so... argh!

Here is my list so far (all GNS related).1. I still can't use the VC GNS to switch from NAV to COM. :( (BTW I can't see ANY changes when it comes to the VC GNS but that might be due to the fact that I installed the previous version of SP2 (which was taken offline later).)2. The two NAV maps show the plane AND 'flightplan-line' in different positions. The first NAV page looks okay, the second one is way off.3. Some text is cut off (like TERM, where the M is not complete and on the FPL page the top entry has its top cut off).

The Avionics Master switch used to have some garbled lettering, now it isas if someone covered the lettering up, on my system... has anyone got this to look right?
Same here. It's simply painted black. (Way too black, btw, just like the area's above and underneath that space: I think I will edit that myself (along with the MUSTBE on the window).)BTW Does anyone know how to enable the cursor in this GNS...? Still haven't figured that out. I suppose it's another clickspot that's missing.EDIT:On a positive sidenote :( : performance/handling is indeed a lot better! :(

1. I still can't use the VC GNS to switch from NAV to COM.
It's on the top of the outer left knob to left slightly. It took me a bit to find it but it's there. I think its a very small click spot. It should have been placed in the center of the inner knob and then pushed to switch fom Nav to COM.

Scott

Hello,Here is my own version of RMI.xml code. With this version RMI work like the Cessna 206 RMI. But contrary to the Cessna RMI where we have only an ADF1, in this RMI we have both ADF1 and ADF2. The left selection button swwitch ADF1 / VOR1 and the right selection button switch ADF2/VOR2.If either NAV1 or NAV2 or both has been selected, the RMI HDG flag appear===================================================================<Gauge Name="RMI" Version="1.1"> <Image Name="RMI_Background.bmp" /> <Element> <Position X="0" Y="0" /> <MaskImage Name="RMI_Card_Mask.bmp"> <Axis X="238" Y="218" /> </MaskImage> <Image Name="RMI_Card.bmp"> <Axis X="238" Y="218" /> </Image> <Rotate> <Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro,radians) /-/</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_GYRO_HEADING Action="Freeze" /> </Failures> </Rotate></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR2,number) 0 == </Visible> <Position X="238" Y="218" /> <Image Name="RMI_ADF_Needle.bmp"> <Axis X="160" Y="21" PointsTo="East" /> </Image> <Rotate> <Value>(A:ADF Radial:2,radians) pi 2 / -</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Freeze" /> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_AVIONICS Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_GYRO_HEADING Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_ADF Action="Freeze" /> </Failures> <Delay DegreesPerSecond="180" /> </Rotate></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR2,number) 1 == </Visible> <Position X="238" Y="218" /> <Image Name="RMI_ADF_Needle.bmp"> <Axis X="160" Y="21" PointsTo="East" /> </Image> <Rotate> <Value>(A:NAV2 radial, radians) (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) - pi + pi 2 / -</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Freeze" /> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_AVIONICS Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_GYRO_HEADING Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_VOR Action="Freeze" /> </Failures> <Delay DegreesPerSecond="180" /> </Rotate></Element><Element> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_cover.bmp"/> </Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR1,number) 0 == </Visible> <Position X="238" Y="218" /> <Image Name="RMI_VOR2_Needle.bmp"> <Axis X="106" Y="14" PointsTo="East" /> </Image> <Rotate> <Value>(A:ADF Radial:1,radians) pi 2 / -</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Freeze" /> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_AVIONICS Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_GYRO_HEADING Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_ADF Action="Freeze" /> </Failures> <Delay DegreesPerSecond="180" /> </Rotate></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR1,number) 1 == </Visible> <Position X="238" Y="218" /> <Image Name="RMI_VOR2_Needle.bmp"> <Axis X="106" Y="14" PointsTo="East" /> </Image> <Rotate> <Value>(A:NAV1 radial, radians) (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) - pi + pi 2 / -</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="Freeze" /> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_AVIONICS Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_GYRO_HEADING Action="Freeze" /> <GAUGE_VOR Action="Freeze" /> </Failures> <Delay DegreesPerSecond="180" /> </Rotate></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR1,number) 0 == </Visible> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_ADF1_ON.bmp" /></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR1,number) 1 == </Visible> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_VOR1_ON.bmp" /></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR2,number) 0 == </Visible> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_ADF2_ON.bmp" /></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR2,number) 1 == </Visible> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_VOR2_ON.bmp" /></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR1,number) 1 == </Visible> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_ADF_VOR_1_OUT.bmp" /></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR2,number) 1 == </Visible> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_ADF_VOR_2_OUT.bmp" /></Element><Element> <Visible>(L:ADFVOR1,number) (L:ADFVOR2,number) + 0 ></Visible> <Position X="0" Y="0"/> <Image Name="RMI_HDG_FLAG.bmp" /></Element> <Mouse> <Area Left="5" Top="356" Width="88" Height="90"> <Cursor Type="Hand"/><Click>(L:ADFVOR1,number) 0 > if{ (L:ADFVOR1,number) 1 - (>L:ADFVOR1,number) } els{ 1 (>L:ADFVOR1,number) }</Click> </Area><Area Left="353" Top="358" Width="97" Height="93"> <Cursor Type="Hand"/><Click>(L:ADFVOR2,number) 0 > if{ (L:ADFVOR2,number) 1 - (>L:ADFVOR2,number) } els{ 1 (>L:ADFVOR2,number) }</Click> </Area> </Mouse></Gauge>=========================================================Have a good dayBenoit

How do I edit the RMI.xml gauge and get it back into the F33 folder?

Hi,Just installed the new service pack 2 last night and the take off / landing is much more believable in the smooth transition from ground to air. Well done.One issue i would like to raise, and i dont think anyone else has mention, is the radio/speaker panel function.Some of us at OzX had a MP flight on the weekend consisting of 2 bonanaza's (SP1), 3 C185's and a Saratoga.We have been using the aircraft radios for our comms in place of Teamspeak for the last month or so now with good success.However this latest flight in the Bonanza raised an issue. The radio doesnt seem to transmit on com1 but does on com2.Can anyone else confirm this?RegardsTrev