Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

out of reverse, condition levers to taxi

Hi Serge,Glad it works for you. Is your accent French by chance?
No, Aussie actually. Although I have Italian ancestry hence the name.Cheers,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

No, Aussie actually. Although I have Italian ancestry hence the name.Cheers,Serge
Hi Serge,I thought Serge was more of a common French name...At any rate, Pete above you is also an Aussie and can't get that phrase to be detected.Are you able to say that phrase with your normal AU accent or are you changing your accent a bit?

Hi Serge,I thought Serge was more of common French name...At any rate, Pete above you is also an Aussie and can't get that phrase to be detected.Are you able to say that phrase with your normal AU accent or are you changing your accent a bit?
G'day Bryan,Yeah, my name is actually Sergio but tend to be called Serge most of the time so it kind of stuck.I just speak "normally" and don't change my accent so I guess that means it's an AU accent then.Cheers,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

yea finally got this phase to work at last the trick was to speak more softly heheh :(

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My suggestion would be to perform some training of Windows recognition engine. It learns all the time, so you can improve it.It should also learn during normal usage, not only during actual 'training' (as feature of this aplication).You can open notepad and dictate diffrent text. You can dictate 'out of reverse, condition levers taxi', and make corrections if not recognized well. There is some presentation in Windows that explains how to do this (it was proposed to me when I did first run and config of recognition engine). At least in Win7. And you would see what is being recognized, so you would also learn how to say it. I'm polish, and voice works really well for me - I was even quite suprised about that. But I did spend some time for those trainings. Yesterday I tried using more polish pronunciation (didn't try to make it american :)), and it was also fine. I can speak some words, especialy numbers, in diffrent way, for ex. 'niner' instead of 'nine', as real pilots do, and as I'm used to doing on Vatsim. No problems with that.Regards,PawelPS. Sorry for my english, I'm not native :).

Pawel Dragan

Poland, Gdansk

This is the only thing that does not work for me, I have done several flights now and have not been able to get it to work, when saying the phrase either the green bar does not show up or its says something different like "set heading 183" or "set course on my side" I said it all in one phrase, I'm an english speaking Canadian, and have done the voice training twice, every other command works perfect.

This is the only thing that does not work for me, I have done several flights now and have not been able to get it to work, when saying the phrase either the green bar does not show up or its says something different like "set heading 183" or "set course on my side" I said it all in one phrase, I'm an english speaking Canadian, and have done the voice training twice, every other command works perfect.
Perhaps you're unknowingly punctuating this voice command with an "eh..." sound at the end :( "Out of reverse condition levers taxi, eh..."That won't work...Seriously, though, just load the Jetstream and open the FS2Crew panel. You don't need to actually make a flight, but just practice saying this phrase in different ways until you see it recognized in the green bar.There's a lot of variety in Canadian accents, and I don't know what region you come from, but try speaking in a flat voice and don't speak too slow. See if that makes a difference.Also try to minimize any ambient sounds that may run interference.There's nothing code wise I can really change because this phrase works for me and others.Best,

Actually I was saying "Out of reverse condition levers taxi, ya hoser..." anyways no doubt is probably the way Im saying it, I'll keep trying and maby run the voice training again.

Any luck?
Yep, its the way I was saying Out, It's hard to explain without actually hearing my accent but I kinda say it OHWUT (something like that) a strong long emphasis on the letters O&U, (I have American family that thinks it hilarious) anyways I just kinda changed the way I said it, shortened it up a bit and read the phrase a little faster, now it works everytime.

Yep, its the way I was saying Out, It's hard to explain without actually hearing my accent but I kinda say it OHWUT (something like that) a strong long emphasis on the letters O&U, (I have American family that thinks it hilarious) anyways I just kinda changed the way I said it, shortened it up a bit and read the phrase a little faster, now it works everytime.
Glad you got it sorted with your pronunciation :(