Sign in to follow this  
conundrum

(abacus) Cessna

Hello You are correct Alan , G-Max does not come from Abacus but then i never said that in my reply to Bandsma.He failed to read my post correctly just as he has failed to come up with a better alternative than FS Design Studio for the novice aircraft designer.Bandsma is probably off flying a FSDS aircraft as we speak, he just does not realise it. :(

I don't think it does as far as I'm aware.Al
My mistake. I misread.

Well, I don't think it's about to sweep the boards for the most impressive modeling ever done in FSX, but it's not bad; it looks like the real thing (i.e not a pretty aircraft) the VC works and it flies pretty much like you'd expect a light sport aircraft to fly. Incidentally, you can try it for free.skycatcher1.jpgskycatcher2.jpgAl

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, I don't think it's about to sweep the boards for the most impressive modeling ever done in FSX, but it's not bad; it looks like the real thing (i.e not a pretty aircraft) the VC works and it flies pretty much like you'd expect a light sport aircraft to fly. Incidentally, you can try it for free.Al
Any problems with the frames Al? I tried the demo and it cut my frames in half. I was surprised given the fact that my rig has no problem with high end aircraft like the Mustang, PMDG stuff, or anything else for that matter. But this one was almost unflyable. Maybe it was a bad demo install?

Nope, it's the aircraft I think. It was certainly flyable, but I thought it should have been getting better frame rates than it was doing. I only tested it for a short while, but to be honest, I think that if it is aimed at a more casual simmer, there should have been more of an attempt to make it zip along with regard to frame rates, since one can hardly expect a casual simmer to have an overclocked FSX monster system.That's not to say it wasn't smooth, I just think it could have been smoother still with some really top end development work, but then again, that would probably up the price and defeat the object of its target market. For all that, if anyone is learning to fly in one of them, it is at least nice that there is a model available for FS9 and FSX, making it possible to get familiar with it when not in the real thing, because it actually has a quite nice flight model - it pitches down with flaps, that sort of thing. As with real aircraft of this size, I prefer a stick to a yoke too, and that was a good move by Cessna, which we also benefit from in a sim, in being able to see the panel better.Al.

Alan Bradbury

My first commercial addon was Abacus Corporate Pilot. Flew the thing daily and was inspired to do our Beechjet 400 and Citation X from their series.Later had their Navaho and really got my GA feet wet from that plane...Abacus sells to a specific niche in an already niche market. Nothing to be critical about in my opinion. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hello RonJust out of interest what software was used to model those early Eaglesoft planes?The Beech is still one of my favorite addons, what I would give for all new FSX version :(

My first commercial addon was Abacus Corporate Pilot. Flew the thing daily and was inspired to do our Beechjet 400 and Citation X from their series.Later had their Navaho and really got my GA feet wet from that plane... :(
Which many people have no idea I developed back in a previous life..... a way, way, previous life :(

Hello RonJust out of interest what software was used to model those early Eaglesoft planes?The Beech is still one of my favorite addons, what I would give for all new FSX version :(
There are plans for a full boat FMS/Widescreen Beechjet 2.0 for FSX only in the future but really can't say when.That aircraft deserves the full treatment we gave the Citation X 2.0 but it will take time.It started life in Gmax and the 2.0 will go through 3DS Max.Our original CX was done in FS Design Studio.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hello RonI am really looking forward to a new Beechjet.The CX will keep me going until then, really nice job on that oneI have bought the LROPS Citation X FMS and Flightplanning Manual and there is enoughthere to keep me going for a long time.

Which many people have no idea I developed back in a previous life..... a way, way, previous life :(
And so you did Jim. Sorry but forgot to mention your involvment there as well as Steve Small and Tim Dickens if I recall correctly.You were an inspiration then as well as now. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Yup, that one might not be ten bucks like the Abacus one is, but I daresay it will be a nice thing.Al

Alan Bradbury

HelloIf anyone is interested in the Skycatcher then I think this one might be worth waiting forJim was too modest to mention it so I will.http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...-162-skycatcher
Well thanks Mad Dog. I tend not to toot the horn too much and generally let the products do most of the talking.I uploaded a couple more screen shots to that link on page 2 and just for the record, this is in official partnership with Cessna. Not a license, not an endorsement, but in partnership. Just like the Mustang.Thanks for you interest. Jim

And so you did Jim. Sorry but forgot to mention your involvment there as well as Steve Small and Tim Dickens if I recall correctly.You were an inspiration then as well as now. :(
Thanks Ron, and you as well. Yes, no slight on Terry, Steve or Tim. But as you well know, a big part of the magic is taking a concept from a napkin drawing and making all the pieces fit.... personalities and all. It ain't no cake walk.Actually looking back compared to todays complexities and expectations.... THAT was a cake walk. But I wouldn't trade today for those days for anything. A lot has been learned.