Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

757, soon?

I think they cancelled the development after they saw the Abacus 787. Because no addon will ever come close to this masterpiece.:(LOL.gif
indeed, and we should be thankful for that.hard to believe some developers can still get away with crap like that nowadays

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

10 August 2010Unlike other development teams, Level-D Simulations is a seriously PART-TIME concern. Wade, Laurent and Pedro (the principal developers) have growing families and full-time jobs outside of the FS world.Family and work come first.Let me explain WHAT has happened to delay the 757...When the 757 project was announced in 2005, FSX was not yet released. When FSX was released, the 757 was put on hold and the 767 for FS9 was sent into development for upgrade to FSX. 3 updates (and a small EHSI patch) for the 767 for FSX were delievered. The price to upgrade from the FS9 version was just $14.95.Once Wade and Laurent and Pedro got their mits on FSX, they realized that going back to FS9 and the 757 would have to wait. Of course, ACES shut down, and now FSX is the final version of the FS franchise (at least for now). With no version of FS on the horizon, what's the hurry? ;)The team are working on the 757, but no dates or progress reports are forthcoming until Wade, Laurent or Pedro say so.Rest assured, a 757 from Level-D Simulations will fly.
So when Wade, Laurent and Pedro get their mits on Flight will the 757 be scrapped again in order to upgrade the 767 for flight?

Unlike other development teams, Level-D Simulations is a seriously PART-TIME concern. Wade, Laurent and Pedro (the principal developers) have growing families and full-time jobs outside of the FS world. Family and work come first. Let me explain WHAT has happened... When the 757 project was announced in 2005, FSX was not yet released. When FSX was released, the 757 was put on hold and the 767 for FS9 was sent into development for upgrade to FSX. 3 updates (and a small EHSI patch) for the 767 for FSX were delievered. The price to upgrade from the FS9 version was just $14.95. Once Wade and Laurent and Pedro got their mits on FSX, they realized that going back to FS9 and the 757 would have to wait. Of course, ACES shut down, and now FSX is the final version of the FS franchise (at least for now). With no version of FS on the horizon, what's the hurry? ;) The team are working on the 757, but no dates or progress reports are forthcoming until Wade, Laurent or Pedro say so. Rest assured, a 757 from Level-D Simulations will fly.
Do you still have the same level of confidence about this? Dan Cole

Dan Cole

Since Aug 4, I've been enjoying the NGX, and prior to that, I was enjoying the Level-D 767 updated with winglets. The Level-D 757 will be worth the wait, and these guys do a magnificent job, especially considering it's part-time for them. They did a fantastic job updating the 767 to FSX standards, and I know the 757 will set a new precedent.I tried the CS and QW 757s, and they are nice eye candy, but have not tacked systems.I really can't think of any other makers that come close to PMDG and Level-D. Luis Linares

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I understand clearly that profits=motivation. This is how the world works and is the most magnificent and functional aspect of capitalism. As a flight instructor I cannot make a living but I love the job. As a tree service owner I make good dough but hate it. One pays the bills and sucks and the other sort of pays the bills and is fun. I have to honest that I am more motivated to trim tree's because I am very motivated to not get kicked out of my house and to put food on the table by providing this service to people for substantial profit. I would rather be a full time CFI but then I might be out on the street and would be a homeless CFI and would smell so bad no one would want to fly with me. These guys at level D are doing this as a labor of love I imagine and with all labors of love they take longer simply because they are more motivated to put food on the table because without food they would not have the energy to program such a FANTASTIC product. So give them a break, this is not some big corporation that can afford to pay a group of programmers full time salary to push it out in 6 months. This is their passion and with most passions in life it does not pay the bills.The family thing is a good priority to have as well.

I understand clearly that profits=motivation. This is how the world works and is the most magnificent and functional aspect of capitalism. As a flight instructor I cannot make a living but I love the job. As a tree service owner I make good dough but hate it. One pays the bills and sucks and the other sort of pays the bills and is fun. I have to honest that I am more motivated to trim tree's because I am very motivated to not get kicked out of my house and to put food on the table by providing this service to people for substantial profit. I would rather be a full time CFI but then I might be out on the street and would be a homeless CFI and would smell so bad no one would want to fly with me. These guys at level D are doing this as a labor of love I imagine and with all labors of love they take longer simply because they are more motivated to put food on the table because without food they would not have the energy to program such a FANTASTIC product. So give them a break, this is not some big corporation that can afford to pay a group of programmers full time salary to push it out in 6 months. This is their passion and with most passions in life it does not pay the bills.The family thing is a good priority to have as well.
I agree with what you said, and I really don't blame level d for keeping a low profile, we have seen what happens when you talk about things like over at the pmdg forum, but it has been 5-6 years since they announced 757, all I want to know as a fan of level d is are they still working on it, do they still have intentions of releasing it for fsx? They don't owe us any explanations but it would be nice.

Guest venustus01

Great news Daryl!!No rush!take your time.We all remember how groundbreaking the lds was.I still love it!!!Cheers to you sir.

I agree with what you said, and I really don't blame level d for keeping a low profile, we have seen what happens when you talk about things like over at the pmdg forum, but it has been 5-6 years since they announced 757, all I want to know as a fan of level d is are they still working on it, do they still have intentions of releasing it for fsx? They don't owe us any explanations but it would be nice.
What I have seen on the PMDG forum I think is excellent. A great company interacting with the general public on a general forum in a direct an concise way. What I see here is a closed forum (unless you purchase their product) with only rare minor comments on a product that was announced 6 years ago. I have to agree with the above, 6 years is not a software development cycle for a product of this scope. This software should have simply never been stated by the company as 'coming soon' or even coming at all, but simply a 'not in production' comment and put to sleep. That way when they actually do get within 12 months of release - only then could a statement be made.Personally, I feel this will not see the light of day for FSX as the team once again 're-tools' for MS Flight and another 5 years. Lets just agree and simply say from this point forward...'not in development'

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

PLESE,PEOPLE, give it a rest.nebojsa

I have only one thing to say, take all of the time you need. when the product is released we will see that it was worth the wait !!!!good luck :)