Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

FS9 freezes when using 2 Eaglesoft planes

Have either of you installed the Vista version of "uiautomationcore.dll" into the root ..\FS folder? It seems that Win7's version has trouble when being used with FS9 or FSX......by placing a Vista version into the root folder of FS, it will only get loaded when running FS, otherwise it will use the Win7 version.
You mean the main FS9 folder? I looked for uiautomationcore.dll in the main FS9 folder but didn't find anything like that.

Have either of you installed the Vista version of "uiautomationcore.dll" into the root ..\FS folder? It seems that Win7's version has trouble when being used with FS9 or FSX......by placing a Vista version into the root folder of FS, it will only get loaded when running FS, otherwise it will use the Win7 version.
I hadn't done that.I just tried it, and did 3 flights, and did everything I was doing before, no freezing issues so far, that seems to be the solution. Thanks very much.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I hadn't done that.I just tried it, and did 3 flights, and did everything I was doing before, no freezing issues so far, that seems to be the solution. Thanks very much.Regards.Ernie.
Where do you find uiautomationcore.dll?

Terrific! I did this many months ago, shortly after installing FSX on my new i7 FS 'puter running under Win7...
Where do you find uiautomationcore.dll?
http://www.ramoonus.nl/2010/01/the-fix-to-...-windows-7-x64/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

:(I spoke too soon.It took a while, but it did eventually re-occur with me with the CX in FS9, in Win7.I've had it occur with 3 different Aircraft ESDG CX, SMS 777, and QW 757.One thing that I do notice is that it seem to occur when the aircraft is the very first one loaded. It doesn't seem to occur ifI select and Aircraft I know it doesn't occur with first (ex CLS 747), then if I load the CX, the issue does not arise.I don't think its a particular aircraft at issue , maybe the flight or situation details ?? Or something else like scenery or a utility ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

It's extremely important to ensure that when FS first loads up, the flight at the "Free Flight" screen is always the default FS flight that came with FS. This is the only way to be certain FS initializes everything correctly.Once at that screen, feel free to select the aircraft you want to fly.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

:(I spoke too soon.It took a while, but it did eventually re-occur with me with the CX in FS9, in Win7.I've had it occur with 3 different Aircraft ESDG CX, SMS 777, and QW 757.One thing that I do notice is that it seem to occur when the aircraft is the very first one loaded. It doesn't seem to occur ifI select and Aircraft I know it doesn't occur with first (ex CLS 747), then if I load the CX, the issue does not arise.I don't think its a particular aircraft at issue , maybe the flight or situation details ?? Or something else like scenery or a utility ?Regards.Ernie.
Does your sim freeze when you try to move the ATC window? My sim freezes when I try to move the ATC to the top right/left of the screen. It happens 100% of the time I do it using the ESDG Citation X and Beechjet 400.(My sim does freeze with those 2 planes at other times also)
It's extremely important to ensure that when FS first loads up, the flight at the "Free Flight" screen is always the default FS flight that came with FS. This is the only way to be certain FS initializes everything correctly.Once at that screen, feel free to select the aircraft you want to fly.
So I make a flightplan for Citation X and when done I load the default Cessna at Seattle THEN select the flightplan I made and the Citation X?

No, the sim's default flight can be the C172 at any airport you like. Since my "home airport" is KGYY, that's where I've hangered the default C172. :)You don't even have to necessarily load it, it's enough that it's the "default flight" and appears in the Rotating Preview Window when you load FS.

Fr. Bill    

That is the case here.The Cessna 172 is my default flight. But if one of those planes I mentioned are 'loaded' first then the issue occurs. (so far, I haven't had Win7 that long to say conclusively so).And it does not occur immediately, you can be flying for some time, and then a view is changed and the screen display freezes.I should again note the sim is not frozen, because all the menus and submenu's work, just the screen display that is frozen. I can slew the plane, open the mapand see the planes location has changed. If you minimize and maximize the screen again, the same display is there frozen just likebefore like you haven't moved.In this case the aircraft appears to be working in the background and sounds play etc. Its the video screen display that has frozen for some reason.Like I mentioned before I don't believe this is an issue related to the Aircraft.I never experienced this in XP or Vista, and I don't recall anyone reporting this exact issue before on XP or Vista.I'm still fairly convinced this is some sort of a Win7 related issue.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Would it make a difference if I have my FS9 installed outside the Programs File (x86) folder? I did not install my FS9 in that folder so I don't have to deal with the UAC thing.

And it does not occur immediately, you can be flying for some time, and then a view is changed and the screen display freezes.I should again note the sim is not frozen, because all the menus and submenu's work, just the screen display that is frozen. I can slew the plane, open the mapand see the planes location has changed. If you minimize and maximize the screen again, the same display is there frozen just likebefore like you haven't moved.
Mine is slightly different than you. When my sim freezes the sound is still going but nothing else works. The only thing I can do is hit the esc key to get the sim back to the start screen.

Have either of you tried using Windowed mode? Some Win7 system (such as mine!) simply won't work reliably in Full Screen mode... :(

Fr. Bill    

I hope this issue can be identified as I have a new machine running Win 7 and I want to add the Citation X to my inventory.

I hope this issue can be identified as I have a new machine running Win 7 and I want to add the Citation X to my inventory.
Please remember that that this issue is not across the board . I've been running Win7 64 for well over a year and have never once experienced this with any aircraft including our own.:(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Please remember that that this issue is not across the board . I've been running Win7 64 for well over a year and have never once experienced this with any aircraft including our own.:(
No issue here, I absolutely understand this looks to be an isolated problem. I should of said let's hope it can be figured out so it can be addressed in case others have the same problem and those who are affected can continue to enjoy their purchase.An ES bird will be in my hanger in the future.