Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

What Airport is closest to you?

Wow, pretty insane attempt there. It looked like he bought the farm with that wing for a second. I once watched the planes for about 11 hours straight in Frankfurt (my flight was delayed nearly 24 hours). I never went to Hamburg but the weather in Frankfurt seem to always be the same, overcast, wind and rain hehe. I was in Baumholder for 2 years around the time of the Ramstein AFB crash.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

LFPG. I live 15km north of the field, and dont suffer the noise since the four runways are east/west only (two 09/27 and two 08/26, exactly like in Atlanta).Some years ago I used to live in a small city located just down the path of the runways, and man that was hell, even for me who like airplanes like we all do: you simply cant really live inside your home with your windows opened during summer, otherwise you cant hear a telephone call or the TV. I'm glad I moved from there after less than a year. When I was living in that small city, even the nights were noisy because of cargo flights and also Air France's Maintenance working all night testing engines.I wouldnt buy a house which is just under the path of jetliners, as far as 20kms from a major hub. Way too much traffic.Very interesting thread indeed. Reading that one guy is in Mosul, Irak... That's something :(

KSAVI woudn't have thought I would here about FT. Drum on this thread. I travel up there every once in a while but I never fly into Watertown due to the size of the airport/planes used. I always fly into Syracuse instead. Flew into Frankfurt a couple of times though, last trip I was working in Manheim but I was staying in Veirheim. (probably did some misspelling there!)

Major fields KEWR 15 miles NW, KJFK 12 miles NE, LGA 20 miles N. 3N6 is the closest small field.

Small airport: Tauranga airport - NZTGMajor airport: Auckland International - NZAA

I'm 15 mins by bike from ESOW - Sweden's first airforce base. Now closed but serves as a small civil airport hosting pretty good airshows every spring. And 1 hour drive from ESSA Stockholm/Arlanda from where I flew to KEWR a couple of weeks ago.

Hi Scott, I've done a lot of my virtual flying in your backyard this past week, and of course with real weather. I loves KORD so like to do routes in that area, especially for some good looking cloud layers. I have a question on that note; does it ever stop raining in your area? Haha, geesh, it seems like everytime I'm there it's overcast and at least 50% of the time rain. When I fly the light aircraft I'm always in your area since there seems to be loads of airports. I practice my crosswind landing there since I can always count on the wind, in the windy city.Funny as we speak I'm on approach to KTOL from KMLI
Not this summer. Rain rain and some more rain for the forecast. And when it doesnt rain, it is like 95 degrees with 10000% humidity and you get eatin alive by the bugs.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Guest yankeesji

PANC - About 3 miles.

The closest major airport would be KBOS, about 15 minutes away, and the other would have to be KBED, another 15 minutes away. I fly out of 6B6 though, a good 40 minutes away!

I'm a few miles away from KATW. Not that big of an airport but it is growing. We've now got a Fedex A310 and a couple MD-80's daily.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Nearest airfield.. my hometown.. EDKWNearest Airport.. Dortmund, EDLW, next bigger one would be Düsseldorf EDDL

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

EGCC - Manchester International Airport is the closest big airport for me ~(its about 5 miles away, then EGGP Liverpool would be about 30 miles ish. Also am near EGCB - Barton (Now Called City Airport Manchester) and EGCD Woodford Aerodrome which is home to BAE Systems. I drive past Woodford every day on my way to work!,, heres a little map..