Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400 Large Cargo Freighter....

I'm going to tell you what I told your cohort in FS9-fanboyism Dillon earlier today when he started up with it again - this type of post was old several years ago, it's still old now, and it'll still be old in the future. We're not going back to a 7 year old sim, get over it. 7 years is absolutely ancient in computers - we can't even do what we did with this model in FS9.
Tabs, your posts on this topic in this forum have gradually become more aggressive/venomous over time and there's absolutely no need for it. Not withstanding the fact that it's unprofessional conduct from a staff member of a developer, it's just plain rude. My comment did not contain any offensive language or have negative content about any person. If anything, it was complimentary of the quality of work produced by PMDG. To then be called a a really excited user, well, to be quite honest it makes my blood boil.It both saddens and astonishes me that PMDG refuses to support what remains to be a considerably sized potential customer base - i.e. FS9 users - just because FSX allows for more eye candy. I recently celebrated the birth of my first baby (8 weeks ago). As such, I do not have the luxury of spending thousands (or even hundreds) of dollars on computers for a computer game to run faster. I am sure there are others out there who simply cannot afford to upgrade their home computer, by virtue of their socio-economic status or personal thoughts on fiscal responsibility. In short, there is still a very large proportion of the MSFS community out there who, for varying reasons, have not or will not make the move from FS9 to FSX. If you and PMDG are too short-sighted to see that, then that's your prerogative. In closing, if you continue with your inclination to resort to calling customers (both past and potential) "a really excited user" or other names without justification, you'll find PMDG losing customers faster than you can say "rotate"!

Tabs, your posts on this topic in this forum have gradually become more aggressive/venomous over time and there's absolutely no need for it. Not withstanding the fact that it's unprofessional conduct from a staff member of a developer, it's just plain rude. My comment did not contain any offensive language or have negative content about any person. If anything, it was complimentary of the quality of work produced by PMDG. To then be called a a really excited user, well, to be quite honest it makes my blood boil.It both saddens and astonishes me that PMDG refuses to support what remains to be a considerably sized potential customer base - i.e. FS9 users - just because FSX allows for more eye candy. I recently celebrated the birth of my first baby (8 weeks ago). As such, I do not have the luxury of spending thousands (or even hundreds) of dollars on computers for a computer game to run faster. I am sure there are others out there who simply cannot afford to upgrade their home computer, by virtue of their socio-economic status or personal thoughts on fiscal responsibility. In short, there is still a very large proportion of the MSFS community out there who, for varying reasons, have not or will not make the move from FS9 to FSX. If you and PMDG are too short-sighted to see that, then that's your prerogative. In closing, if you continue with your inclination to resort to calling customers (both past and potential) "a really excited user" or other names without justification, you'll find PMDG losing customers faster than you can say "rotate"!
Yawn

Matthew, there is no aggression in Ryan's post, for me there's frustration, even I'm bored now with FS9 related demands and I'm so new to this forum... And yes, I realize that with release of MS Flight, FSX will share the fate of FS9. Life goes only one way, forward.

Matthew, there is no aggression in Ryan's post, for me there's frustration, even I'm bored now with FS9 related demands and I'm so new to this forum... And yes, I realize that with release of MS Flight, FSX will share the fate of FS9. Life goes only one way, forward.
I agree. If everyone else had that mindset, we'd still be stuck in the past! Life revolves around updates.

Guest Cag40Navy

Matthew, unless you have the numbers to prove that PMDG could even break even on a FS9 project, then don't say anything. Reading Ryan's post only shows frustration with people who use FS9 and think that this need to be in FS9. You have unfounded facts that they could even break even on the project, you probably don't even have the numbers to prove the costs. This is a company, not your personal servant coming to your every need. If they have to switch over to FSX to keep afloat, then they have all right to do so. So i am going to end it here.

Mike, I only can say that this is not nessesarily true, I get 15-20 FPS in the 747X on KFLL for example from FSDT with UT2 running - yes it could be better, but it is fine to me. And I do not have a fancy core i7 :(

You want optimization patch? Then write to Microsoft, only they can optimize this game to use potential of modern PCs.EDIT:I have 15-25 FPS over EDDF (Frankfurt) with graphics at Ultra High, FSAA etc in J41, I truly believe this aircraft is optimized as much as it could, but it would be nice to see few more FPS after service pack... Whistle.gif

The pmdg for fsx runs extremely bad. in dense airports FPS don't even reach double digits.
Couldn't DISagree more!Maybe you need to look at tuning your computer Running sliders to the right and add-ons like Heathrow X I see 18-25 fps, but the most important thing is it's smooth.

Guest AirBerlin737
Here it goes again.I hope the following won't be censored by ryan & associates.The pmdg for fsx runs extremely bad. in dense airports FPS don't even reach double digits.All the recent addons for it were nice and dandy, but what we REALLY need (and i think deserve) is an optimization patch so that we could enjoy the full potential of this product (Like we did in fs9)Mike Morganson.
Maybe you need to defrag?27FPS on addon airports except Charles-De-Gaulle

Maybe you need to defrag?27FPS on addon airports except Charles-De-Gaulle
Can you post your specifications?

Oh really? This again?All major developers have stated unisono that the FS9 market is in a steep dive. The apex was reached long ago. Third party add-ons reached a level of quality that does not fit into the narrow limitations of FS9 anymore. They are even approaching the limits of FSX already. With two new sims underway FS9 has become even more obsolete. Do you play other games on your PC? Which was the last game you bought that supported Windows 98? The "very large proportion" of FS9 users is considerably smaller then you make it out to be.Congratulations on your first child. I - and I am sure most people here - understand the situation you are in and sympathize with you. But to be frank it is not our concern. If people can not afford to upgrade their PC for whatever reason they need to accept that fact and leave it be. You can still use FS9 and be happy.Besides FSX runs pretty smooth on lower-end systems when you configure it correctly. My PC is inferior to those of most people here but I still get 30+ frames unless I fly in worst IMC over urban centers. Flying around TNCM the framerate peaks at over 100 sometimes (FS internal FPS counter) depending on the water shader settings. Enjoy being a father and save a bit so you can rejoin the rest of your brethren after some time.Cheers!

Congrats on your first baby!!!! I hope mom and baby are healthy and happy!!! I wouldnt worry to much about your computer or flight sim; you are not going to have time for the next several months/years to even turn it on; unless you give up even more sleep. :(

I hope it's the Baby Boeing...Big%20Grin.gifRegards,
Haha, this reminded me of a joke I hear when I was very young (That was a verrry long time ago), it was:Q.) Why don't big planes have baby planes?A.) Because TWA always pulls out on time.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier