Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Btw, Robert is not the race pilot - the team has a dedicated race pilot named Ken Gottschall. Race flying is pretty dangerous, people have been killed at Reno many times - Robert doesn't want to take that risk with his wife and daughter.
Thanks, Ryan. Can't say that I blame him. My training was very "by the book", so racing isn't really in my DNA either. But, I'm assuming Robert has flown his bird, given his extensive flight time. And, for the person who said this bird was loud, the hangar next to mine has an old soviet trainer. Now, that is loud. (Prop turns the other way too, for reverse p-forces, which is kind of interesting.)

Just wanted to let you guys know - we were planning to do an update this weekend but RSR's been tied up with preparations for the Reno Air Races next weekend. His plane had a failure last night in testing and they've been working all day to fix it and get everything ready for qualifying this week.Can't guarantee when the update will happen, but I will tell you you're going to see a lot more than small slivers of the panel this time... tongue.gif
Talking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gifI think the iFly FSX version will soon be finished, then we do not need PMDG NGX more. Ryan, since its too slow! Shame%20On%20You.gif

Talking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gifI think the iFly FSX version will soon be finished, then we do not need PMDG NGX more. Ryan, since its too slow! Shame%20On%20You.gif
When the PMDG NGX is released, I don't think anyone is going to refrain from buying it on account of it taking too long to produce! I have a feeling that everyone complaining of a slow release on this forum would turn right around and buy it if it were released tomorrow for example. Wouldn't you? :(-Sanjeev Mundluru

No offence, but I think waiting for the NGX is going to be more than worth it!!! I have been tempted by "other" NG offerings but have gathered enough patience to wait for the creme de la creme (my French sucks! some Canadian eh?) of NG's! Good things come to those who wait! :(

Paul,Assuming you're talking about the LCD screens - that effect is already there in ours.What you see though in real photos depends on a lot of things - the LCD brightness level, the camera's exposure settings, the angle you're seeing the LCDs at etc.  The actual cause of that look is the LCD backlighting element, which can never be completely dark due to the way the technology works.  This applies to your PC monitor and LCD TV's too actually - try it some time with a solid black screen in a dark room - you can't make it completely dark.
Ryan,thx for your reply and sorry for my late reply:At the time PMDG released the MD-11 i used a CRT monitor, then i changed all my equipment to TFT widescreen panels. I never noticed the 2D/VC panelbackground in different colours then black, though setup my newer screens  to 100% brightness, and autonomous of state of light in my rooms, hmm.I am still in good hope there will be any  solution to simulate this effects better or individually in future aircrafts, for the atmosphere during nightflightssome other thoughts:will the NGX handling in 2D cockpit be similar to the fabulous  MD-11?visual doubleclick-spots for subpanels, usage of mouse (left and rightclick) , etc... PMDG did a great ergonomic job on this, i hope this principle will maintain.and finally, did PMDG ever intend to animate Jettison?It is always a pleasure to see viewy consequences after pressing buttons:o)And this i would wish to see in an final servicepack for MD-11, too. Btw. the fuel temp simulation according to flighttime, flightlevel, speed and TAT in this aircraft is very fine and authentic done. I had an special eye on that on my last polar routes. Hope the NGX will hold this Level of Detail.regards 

Guest 747dash8

I can't wait for this. I am starting to get sick of the default and I tried Ariane's which is crap and you have to pay for liveries. Worst of all, if your livery isn't in an addon, you can't get it because there is no paint-kit.anyway can't waitJust%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gifJust%20Kidding.gifAndrew Cary

No offence, but I think waiting for the NGX is going to be more than worth it!!! I have been tempted by "other" NG offerings but have gathered enough patience to wait for the creme de la creme (my French sucks! some Canadian eh?) of NG's! Good things come to those who wait! :(
Your French is not bad at all. Just a few accents missing (La crème de la crème : try alt+138)And for those who want to practice repainting while they wait, here are a few ideas :http://www.topito.com/top-50-des-relooking-davions-insolitesBruno

I think the iFly FSX version will soon be finished, then we do not need PMDG NGX more.
You're probably going to want to take back that statement when you actually get to compare the two. tongue.gif

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You're probably going to want to take back that statement when you actually get to compare the two. tongue.gif
hahaha, i think the same,best regards

Ryan, while I appreciate the fact that RSR found no time for another one of his extensive and well elaborated updates with many screenshots because he had to fix his plane, wash his car or cut the flowers in his stone garden I wonder nonetheless whether you are entitled to give a snippet of an update like you have put together all parts of the plane by now or you are in alpha testing or whatever. dangling the carrot is hard for some, including obviously me. I really tried to remain quiet and calm but since the 'series of announcements/updates' stopped right after the first one many weeks ago I am really wondering whether RSR was referring to monthly or quarterly updates. Somehow expected (bi)weekly ones but that was obviously a mistake. Well, after all you guys are in the lead and I am not to tell you what to tell us. Nonetheless. Will remain quiet now again for at least 2 weeks since I will be on vacation from Sep 16th. But I am afraid I will check this site also while laying on the beach :( CheersPhil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hi allQuick question for the PMDG folk (feel free not to answer... i can wait and find out myself on release :) )Will the 737NGX use the same Navdata format as the previous 747 for FSX? I ask as I would hate to have to update all my flightplans AGAIN for a newer AIRAC come release day.CheersRob

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Ifly? I think he meant IBug........

Even though I have never seen/heard one I have been told by older enthusiast that the F4 Phantom was a very loud airplane.
Having seen the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angel's flying F-4s, I can attest that they are loud, but in my experience, whether it be the F-4, F-15, F-16, F/A-18 or the F-22, they are all comparable in loudness and yes, I have seen them all flying at one time or another. One could even argue that the C-5M is loud, especially as it flies over your head on climbout just seconds after leaving the ground. That really did hurt these tired ears.Radial engined aircraft cannot be compared in loudness, but just on sound alone. I feel they have a better sound compared to a turbine engine's whine.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Looks like this add-on will have everything state of the art. Can I assume that this will apply to external lighting also - like the ones on the Lotus L-39 and Aerosoft Airbus X?

Radial engined aircraft cannot be compared in loudness, but just on sound alone. I feel they have a better sound compared to a turbine engine's whine.
For me, there is nothing better than a turbine up to power. Sounds angelic to me. I also love the sound of forced inucted engines over naturally aspirated as well. Love to hear the super charger spool to life when I accelerate the car.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/