Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Hm, what variants would that be?sig.gif
All of the engine variants are already in. The engines are all the CFM56-7B series, but with different thrust ratings. Airlines have a choice when they order the airplane from Boeing.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

All of the engine variants are already in. The engines are all the CFM56-7B series, but with different thrust ratings. Airlines have a choice when they order the airplane from Boeing.
That is what I meant in my first post, was the different thrust ratings. Sweet to hear they are in, because I have been wanting to play around with those and see the different "feel" between the lowest thrust rated engine to the highest. Look forward to trying a flight with the NGX, put the winglets on and the high thrust engines, and hit FL410 right from takeoff.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

sweet pic from airliners.net
That's gorgeous Scott, but for future ref, their pix aren't allowed to be posted or links to them. *This is their rule btw, not PMDG's or AVSIM's. They just help enforce it.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Regarding the pic, It appears that the captains CDU was sourced from a clasic. My logical guess would be the Ngs one broke and the airline had no ng CDus to replace it with. I just didnt know you could do that.

Regarding the pic, It appears that the captains CDU was sourced from a clasic. My logical guess would be the Ngs one broke and the airline had no ng CDus to replace it with. I just didnt know you could do that.
The "NG CDU you refer to is actually an MCDU. It has additional optional functions, like ACARS and CPDLC, hence the "Menu" key to access systems other than the FMC. They are an option on NGs and have been retrofit to many classics. Some of the NGs have only CDUs, as their operators didn't want ACARS, etc. Look at Boeing's official 737 cockpit shot.Regarding the mixed config: that's usually a cost measure done by airlines. The FO has an MCDU on his side, as it also incorporates ACARS functions. The captain has a normal CDU, which only allows for FMC functions. Southwest has this config on many of their classics. When SWA went upgraded their classics to two FMCs, they added a CDU on the captains side, as it was cheaper than adding a second MCDU.

Joe Sherrill

You do realise that they all have a MENU button, regardless of ACARS, CPDLC, etc installation? Maintenance functions and confidence tests?Cheers,Nick Jones

Having just read this has sparked an old question I've had since I first purchased the original NG a long time ago. When AQ was still around, my Dad would often talk about the trips he did and how on the KBUR-PHOG and KSNA-PHOG legs, for example, they would have to perform a "thrust-bump" from the standard 24K rating their NG's had to 26K thrust setting so that they could depart from such short field lengths at pretty much MGTW. I was just curious as to whether this could possibly have been modeled into the NGX as I think it's a pretty cool feature to have to play with. If not, that's fine, I'm just really excited for the NGX to be released to the Flight Sim community!!! Does anyone else happen to know of airlines that might have and still use this feature today? I am aware that CO has recently suspended their operations out of SNA to both OGG and HNL recently, I believe they were using -700's, possibly configured the same way?!?!Aloha!

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6

The fmc thing is intrestingI wasn't actualy aware of that, I'm sure every ng I've seen has had the new style.

In one of the previous replies it has been said that thrust bump has been modeled in the NGX.

Uh, thank you. I was really starting to wonder if I had missed something fundamental, but now I'm relieved to hear that.sig.gif

In one of the previous replies it has been said that thrust bump has been modeled in the NGX.
Thanks for the confirmation, I haven't been keeping up enough with all the posts to maybe have caught it.Aloha!

P3D V5.4 | Windows 10 | MSI X670E Tomahawk | AMD 7800X3D | GSkill 64GB DDR5 6000 | EVGA GeForce GTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING | ASUS PG348Q 34" Ultrawide | Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo | EKWB 360 AIO | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6