Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

It seems like most of your posts are policing other people and telling them what rule they violated and telling them to fix it. I mean really? Are you that dominative that you must continually do this? Find something else to do.
Dan is known for four things here at this forum.1.) Being extremly helpful trying to help fellow simmers fix problems2.) Enforcing the PMDG forum rules as he seems to spend way more time on here than PMDG people at the moment (for good reason, they have a plane to build)3.) Offering very entertaining remarks that do make me laugh out load quite often.4.) Calling himself retarded on occasion.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Dan is known for four things here at this forum.1.) Being extremly helpful trying to help fellow simmers fix problems2.) Enforcing the PMDG forum rules as he seems to spend way more time on here than PMDG people at the moment (for good reason, they have a plane to build)3.) Offering very entertaining remarks that do make me laugh out load quite often.4.) Calling himself retarded on occasion.
Amen to that :(

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080

2.) Enforcing the PMDG forum rules as he seems to spend way more time on here than PMDG people at the moment (for good reason, they have a plane to build)
And it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it! wink.gif

And it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it! wink.gif
Actually please PLEASE stop. You, Dan, everyone. It is NOT your job. It really isn't. PMDG has requested this at least two times, quoted below. Stick to your hobby, the moderators will stick to their jobs:
Captains, please allow the moderators to enforce forum rules. Thanks.
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/295806-eggw-luton-scenery-download/page__p__1827918__hl__moderators__fromsearch__1#entry1827918http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273358-the-view-forward-with-the-pmdg-737ngx-new-screen-shot-aug-3/page__st__1975__p__1801727__hl__moderators__fromsearch__1#entry1801727

Actually please PLEASE stop. You, Dan, everyone. It is NOT your job. It really isn't. PMDG has requested this at least two times, quoted below. Stick to your hobby, the moderators will stick to their jobs:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/295806-eggw-luton-scenery-download/page__p__1827918__hl__moderators__fromsearch__1#entry1827918http://forum.avsim.net/topic/273358-the-view-forward-with-the-pmdg-737ngx-new-screen-shot-aug-3/page__st__1975__p__1801727__hl__moderators__fromsearch__1#entry1801727
Too bad the only person that checks the forums on a regular basis is Ryan. Everyone else from PMDG maybe log in once a week at most.

Actually please PLEASE stop. You, Dan, everyone. It is NOT your job. It really isn't. PMDG has requested this at least two times, quoted below. Stick to your hobby, the moderators will stick to their jobs:
Dan only asks people to sign their post with full names, and he does it very kind way biggrin.gif

I personally will just ignore a question that is posted by someone who doesn't sign their post. When Ryan, or Dan, or who ever gets around to tell them what the rules are, then I will be happy to chip in. This system seems to work well (maybe Dan will feel otherwise), as the alternative is everybody jumping on new members who have yet to learn what the rules are, and it is not a very attractive alternative.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Thanks Scott, Mike & Grzegorz for being at bat for me while at work, I appreciate that guys, very much.Just to say a quick comment on it myself. I do it because you will always have someone bring it up. I don't agree with the way most people (forum police) seem to handle it and often come off very harsh in doing so. As Grzegorz said, I do it in a kind way, that way people see it was said and move on, also 99% of the people that fail to sign a name or post pix from that site just didn't know. We were all there once and the thing I hate the MOST in forums is how people with a high number of posts seem to think that makes them a better person than the one that they're talking to since he only has a couple. They think there 30,000+ posts make them above the rest or somehow deserve respect. Respect is earned I think and then forever maintained. I have posts all throughout the sim world right now and after hours of searching and reading manuals will always have to start a post with; "Hi guys, I read the manual, read the FAQ and been searching this forum with all my free time for a week now and can't find the answer"NO ONE, should have to say that, and no one should ever trash someone for asking a question already covered in the manual (Especially the Devs of many products I won't mention). I really enjoy this forum because it seems to have the cream of the crop in helpful peolpe and very rarely do you see the attitude as in my example above. We share a hobby and help others enjoy the same. Most other forums you get "RTFM" which to me is not an answer. I like the incredible effort people make in this forum and again, most are top notch, helpful individuals but I am never trying to play moderator. I have been moderator of many forums and websites that I created. The others mentioned why and I am glad that they see it for what it is.If Scott (Kalin) wants to post the email I sent him immediately after posting the innocent but helpful email I sent him, he is more than welcome to do so. I always take the time to touch base if I think someone might take what I say wrong.Oh, and yes, I am on here a lot as well as work and have other hobbies, but I also suffer from a form of insomnia (I wouldn't call it suffer personally) and sometimes get about 4hrs sleep a week at best. Hanging around the forum is something I do between things and is probably 2% of my time :(

I personally will just ignore a question that is posted by someone who doesn't sign their post. When Ryan, or Dan, or who ever gets around to tell them what the rules are, then I will be happy to chip in. This system seems to work well (maybe Dan will feel otherwise), as the alternative is everybody jumping on new members who have yet to learn what the rules are, and it is not a very attractive alternative.
You must have typed this while I was typing Scott. It's funny but I do the same thing a lot of times myself (no ones perfect), I do tend to just ignore posts but not from new peops. I may have the 100% guarenteed answer many times but if I see someone that was told countless times to sign their name and just doesn't, then I just move on to the next.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I hate when people tell people to stop forum policing. They don't realize but they are forum policing about forum policing :(

Not to change the current convo,,, but to change it anyway :(,,, is the Reno race over? If so, Who won? I never been to the races, but for a change of pace I played around with the Acceleration packs Reno Missions and did some reading. It was pretty cool and I learned alot, but hate a couple of the rules, like the no descending below 50' crap :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest Captain Toledano

4th place, everyone... Ok Robert, now get back to development. Thank you.Gabriel

Congratulations on the 4th place!I sure wish you a place on the podium next year and definetely a first place in the Flight SIm Developers competition.Ah, and regarding the names in the forum, I guess noone would care that much by the time the NGX comes out...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Grace 8 actually took 3rd because the first place aircraft forfeited the race so that they could move up and race in the Gold final.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com