Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

You live in Manchester in the UK, not AUS next you will be naming the placers where there is no Christmas :( PMDG are not based in (A) a country in the southern hemisphere (.B.) a country where "Christmas" is baned.
I never said I lived in Australia or anywhere in the southern hemisphere, i was merely pointing out that in some areas of the world the seasons are different.

Ok i love those pictures and all but when is it coming out? on the website of PMDG it says coming soon but its there for like two years now, sure take your time to finish off an other great master piece but hey give us some more pictures of the exterior or something beacause we are waiting for a long long long time nowNail%20Biting.gif .

Maybe if you start respecting the forum rules. Give and you shall receive...

They have said they do not believe in adding weather radar since you cannot accurately simulate where the precipitation is due to Simconnect not passing that information on to other programs/FSX has no feature for that.. So it is a waste of code lines just to make a useless screen to play with in the cockpit. I am aware the real aircraft has one though, and while I would want one to be in NGX myself. Also being a dev too I know what they mean, and respect that they don't wish to waste time testing something they know won't work. Even though I am sure they could make one heck of a false radar though. I do not think the manuals and stuff are probably done seeing as he said their Alpha is still adding/coding features. The writting of the POH is probably the last, and easiest thing that needs to be done. I am pretty stoked about it though. I imagine it is going to be the J-41 combined with MD-11 like systems depth. I know exactly what you mean Turbine777 except I did it in reverse.. My first PMDG craft was the MD-11 because I always wanted a tri-jet for FSX. Then the J-41. I ordered one of the back stock copies of the 744X a few weeks ago that Best Buy had from Amazon and it came in. Installed it, fired it up, and it is certaintly a different experience the the MD-11X that is for sure. I will be flying it though since that is my new bird, but I can see where people are talking about improvements in the MD-11. For awhile the JS-41 made it hard to go to the MD-11 cause the cockpit was so crisp, and avionics glass looks so real. I think if the JS-41 had the systems depth/failure system the MD-11 had that would be the aircraft that we all would be talking about. All I know is the wait gets harder and harder.. Gives me time to at least plan my initial flights and such.

So many systems are working... What's about the Weather Radar? Shall we get that function finally? :)
I think it was mentioned that it will not be simulated. I agree with their decision on this one since a weather radar really can't be simulated in FS. So why spend your time on something useless?Jack C

I think, instead of Santa Claus, Robert, Vin, and Ryan should come down the chimney and put the NGX under the christmas tree. Big%20Grin.gif

Alpha = features still under development/being added. Beta = product is feature complete, just testing and fixing bugs. A lot of other FS developers consider what we call alpha their beta. We have a tech team of actual pilots, engineers, maintenance people and so on who get access to the alpha for feedback on actually implementing the systems and whatnot.When the MD-11 beta started, it was in better condition bug-wise than a lot of retail releases are - we try not to send out a first beta that's bug ridden or missing functionality. When you see us announce beta testing, you probably don't have long to wait. tongue.gif
In my opinion these comments are the most valuable of this entire thread. Thanks Ryan I'm sure this helps everyone understand where the project is at and rough timings on completion. Much appreciated. Mike k

I never said I lived in Australia or anywhere in the southern hemisphere, i was merely pointing out that in some areas of the world the seasons are different.
Well PMDG are not from the southern hemisphere are they???? so back to the start...... PMDG at the beginning of the year said something alone the lines of "summer for NGX and Christmas for the 777". Unless you want to start all over again with They never said that...it was"targeted release date for the NGX was 'mid 2010', and the 777 I think was end of 2010" followed by a stunning reply about summer not being in June-July-Aug ...why because in the southern hemisphere it's in Dec and that has nothing..nothing to do with PMDG idea of summer."Not in the southern hemisphere! Big%20Grin.gif Summer starts in December! "OMG really @ your well thought out replies.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

hi every one, this is my first time posting.I just want know if NGX will good for cockpit building, as far as overhead functionalty with hardware and other modules like engravity CDU and opencokpits moduls.Thanks

all the people saying "you were ment to release it in mid-2010" need to get over that. They never said "oh we are definatley releasing it Mid 2010, you can be sure of that" in the video it said Mid-2010 ALL DATES APROXIMATE! a fully funtional NGX for fs takes time, just be glad it doesnt take about 4 years like the real 737 took to develop and not even build! would you rather have:a unfinished simulation that you dont likeor a Finished NGX with everything simulated.Delays happen, i bet that most people in the forum have encountered some sort of delay in there life, this is no different. PMDG are working hard to finish this. if you want a unfinished product that stuck to a deadline head over to airsimmer. Also take into account that PMDG have a good relationship with boeing, and boeing help them, and at this minute boeing have there own problems, with the first dreamliner encountering engine problems now. Take the dreamliner as an example, that was delayed by YEARS and look how thats turned out, fastest selling A/C of all time and the most advanced aircraft available. The NGX has all NG vairants, and not one is the same as the other. as for release i forcasted Mid october, which is a month away, maybe who knows but it will release and in 2010!

hi every one, this is my first time posting.I just want know if NGX will good for cockpit building, as far as overhead functionalty with hardware and other modules like engravity CDU and opencokpits moduls.Thanks
Hi John, Please sign your full name to posts in this forum per forum rules, thanks.To answer you question is impossible until we have a released product. There are talks about an SDK (Software Development Kit) being released with it or around the same time. If that happens I am confident that we'll be able to use all of our favorite gadgets. If not at first, it will at least provide the tools to the manufactures to write functional drivers. It's actually the SDK that I am looking forward to more than the NGX.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I think, instead of Santa Claus, Robert, Vin, and Ryan should come down the chimney and put the NGX under the christmas tree. Big%20Grin.gif
I hate to be the first one to tell you but there's no Santa! :(

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hi guys! First of all I'd like to know if anyone can refer me to a link For a tutorial on how to put my full name Under my posts? Thank you.Secondly does anyone know if the PMDG 737 NGX will have an American Airlines as a Default Livery? Thanks guys!Jamalje Bassue

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

What you get is the PMDG livery at the install level, and then you download the additional liveries online. Glad you got your sig worked out.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator