Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Aerosoft airbus x released!

So I can merge it with the PA A318, A319. Of course, I would keep the Aerosoft model for the A320.Frank,So it sounds like I cannot use FSUIPC to calibrate my Saitek TQ? That's a show stopper. I am not going to re-do all of my assignments and axis calibration just for one aircraft. The FSUIPC manual recommends that you either use FSX or FSUIPC for assignments - not both at the same time.I thought that I read something about the FSUIPC issue before the release but I blew it off because it seemed so outrageous but maybe it is true? Maybe Pete can pow-wow with them to figure things out?
Good point. I truly hope Aerosoft will do a A319 and A318 later on. I can't really understand why they didn't make these two; they seem so important... more important than the A321...I also hope they will do a more advanced version later on. I like having SID/STAR, although I can live without it for now. As it is, though, it's already a remarkable effort. Funny, eh? Seems we are suddenly spammed with quality releases all around us!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Good point. I truly hope Aerosoft will do a A319 and A318 later on. I can't really understand why they didn't make these two; they seem so important... more important than the A321...I also hope they will do a more advanced version later on. I like having SID/STAR, although I can live without it for now. As it is, though, it's already a remarkable effort. Funny, eh? Seems we are suddenly spammed with quality releases all around us!
Unfortunately it is not planned but maybe they will change their minds...

David,Sure. Check the very last post on page two of there newly opened airbus x forum (there main airbus x forum, not there sub forums) with the title hardware compatability.Mathis explains why not when i originally asked in their airbus x preview forum. Search using my B777ER user name for that one (go back about a month or so for your search parameters).
Thanks Eric :(

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Is there a specific reason you'd want to do that? The exterior model of the Airbus X must be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen and I wouldn't want to swap it for anything else...
+1

I guess my questions would be:How does autothrottle work?How does side-stick work? I assume normal law only, is stuff like alpha-prot implemented?How about autopilot? Managed modes?How much is implemented in ECAM?scott s..

Looks like the Aerosoft forum is overloaded :)Having completed a short circuit at my home airport, I'm happy with it's flyability. More playing testing later today

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I guess my questions would be:How does autothrottle work?How does side-stick work? I assume normal law only, is stuff like alpha-prot implemented?How about autopilot? Managed modes?How much is implemented in ECAM?scott s..
Scott - "How does autothrottle work?" - it has all of the detents - CLB, MCF, FLEX, TOGA and the logic for each - "How does side-stick work?" - not sure what you mean, but if you move the soide stick and let go it will hold bank to 33 degrees and if you exceed 33 degrees it will come back to 33 once the side stick bank is released."I assume normal law only, is stuff like alpha-prot implemented?" - alpha protection is modeled"How about autopilot? Managed modes?" - managed and selected modes"How much is implemented in ECAM?" - all pages. Bob

After 2 hours I have been unable to configure the throttles. :( Normally I use FSUIPC for all joystick calibration. Unfortunately it is required to configure the throttles via the FSX control axis menu. I always disable controller in this menu ...
I haven't got the aircraft, but I read this on the product page:
Note: throttle is read from DirectX, bypasses FSX completely, to avoid FSX related problems.
So it looks like (a) you can't use FSUIPC for these throttles, and (b ) you can't use FSX either. If they are completely bypassing FSX they are doing the same as what FSUIPC assignment does. At least that should mean you don't need to re-enable the FSX controllers. But I assume therefore that the throttle axes are somewhere assignable in the product files or menus?RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I quite rarely comment on aircrafts here but I have to say that I am very much impressed by the BusX so far.It's not a real "A320 simulator" as for today (and not the same price) but I am not sure FSX allows really much more then what we get here with Aerosoft's product.Of course you won't find FBW behavior like the real thing but the immersion is total and the bird's system very well implemented within FSX limitations.The VC is the best I've seen in FS.Knowing quite well the real cockpit I must say that when I first launched the Bus I was amazed by the quality of the textures.The external view shows one of the most sophisticated (if not the best) virtual copy of a real jet in FS with an incredible amount of details.Flying the BusX reveals some weaknesses, especially alpha protection wise. The thrust needed on TO is not really accurate but I assume there will be some tweaks to do. This "basic" version is already a serious piece of software for hard simmers if they want to have fun simulating pre-flight to TO and Cruise sequences. I have noticed few discrepancies with the FMS (which is quite well simulated BTW) and with the A/THR on descent but the overall flying experience is one of the best I've seen for PC based simulators.The documentation is clear and complete, there is a lot of new features (panel state on an MCDU page, nice!), a fantastic optimization of the fps impact and one can easily understand the amount of work involved in such a project.IMO when some small bugs will be fixed AirbusX will be a winner!Great job.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I am not going to re-do all of my assignments and axis calibration just for one aircraft. The FSUIPC manual recommends that you either use FSX or FSUIPC for assignments - not both at the same time.
From what I read this aircraft uses DirectX directly, not via FSX in any case.And with FSUIPC you can have different assignments and calibrations for different aircraft. Just make this one aircraft-specific.
Maybe Pete can pow-wow with them to figure things out?
If they are reading axes directly via DirectX there's nothing I can do to sort anything out. It doesn't only not let FSUIPC get an in, it makes any throttle system which doesn't use DirectInput (like the PFC Throttle Quadrants) useless with this aircraft I'm afraid.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

From what I read this aircraft uses DirectX directly, not via FSX in any case.And with FSUIPC you can have different assignments and calibrations for different aircraft. Just make this one aircraft-specific.If they are reading axes directly via DirectX there's nothing I can do to sort anything out. It doesn't only not let FSUIPC get an in, it makes any throttle system which doesn't use DirectInput (like the PFC Throttle Quadrants) useless with this aircraft I'm afraid.RegardsPete
Thanks Pete. I didn't mean to suggest that you needed to do something, I meant to suggest they should contact you.I am well aware that I can use profiles with FSUIPC. The problems, if I am understanding everything correctly, is I would have to add FSX assignments every time I wanted to fly this aircraft and delete them every time I want to fly something else. My yoke and my TQ are all assigned with FSUIPC and all assignments are deleted from FSX - this covers Spoilers, flaps, throttle, reverse thrust, landing gear, lights, ap...Is anybody using the Saitek TQ and FSUIPC with this product successfully?Now that I have a little time I am going to check out the manual to get more information.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks Pete. I didn't mean to suggest that you needed to do something, I meant to suggest they should contact you.I am well aware that I can use profiles with FSUIPC. The problems, if I am understanding everything correctly, is I would have to add FSX assignments every time I wanted to fly this aircraft and delete them every time I want to fly something else. My yoke and my TQ are all assigned with FSUIPC and all assignments are deleted from FSX - this covers Spoilers, flaps, throttle, reverse thrust, landing gear, lights, ap...Is anybody using the Saitek TQ and FSUIPC with this product successfully?Now that I have a little time I am going to check out the manual to get more information.
Jeff,I have the Saitek Pro Yoke & Throttles and use them without any issues (able to set throttle, flaps, gear, etc.) with the Aerosoft Airbus X and other add-ons (ie PMDG MD11 and FSX default aircraft). I have all of my aircraft in FSUIPC using the 'aircraft specific' setting.Bob

Thanks rlyddy. Did you assign them in FSX as well or just in FSUIPC?I am trying to read up on the issue over at Aerosoft but it looks like I have to buy the product to get the manual.I don't mind setting up an airbus profile in FSUIPC, I just don't want to mess with the FSX assignments. I want to set up a profile for the new bus and forget about it. I do switch aircraft frequently - I am not one of the people that flies only one aircraft for months and if I couldn't rely on FSUIPC profiles, it would drive me crazy.Pete, I noticed that you did post over there. Thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks rlyddy. Did you assign them in FSX as well or just in FSUIPC?I am trying to read up on the issue over at Aerosoft but it looks like I have to buy the product to get the manual.I don't mind setting up an airbus profile in FSUIPC, I just don't want to mess with the FSX assignments. I want to set up a profile for the new bus and forget about it. I do switch aircraft frequently - I am not one of the people that flies only one aircraft for months and if I couldn't rely on FSUIPC profiles, it would drive me crazy.Pete, I noticed that you did post over there. Thanks.
Jeff, Both. You must assign each throttle AXIS in FSX and then each throttle in FSUIPC as as 'aircraft specific'.Below is from the General Guidelines manual from the Aerosoft Airbus X - "You MUST assign the throttle axes in the FSX Settings ->controls -> control axes menu. Furthermore it is important to create an FSUIPC “specific aircraft” assignment and calibration for the Airbus X so only this aircraft is affected. You can leave all other axes except the throttles as they are, but the throttles must be calibrated without a reverse zone ".So in FSX, set each thottle axis to a specific joystick axis and then in FSUIPC click the aircraft specific checkbox on the AXIS Assignment tab and only set the throttle axis to the specific joystick axis/lever and then go to the Joystick Cablibration tab and click on the aircraft specific checkbox (if its not already selected) and click the 'no reverse zone' checkbox. Then calibrate each of the two throttles.Bob

Jeff, Both. You must assign each throttle AXIS in FSX and then each throttle in FSUIPC as as 'aircraft specific'.Below is from the General Guidelines manual from the Aerosoft Airbus X - "You MUST assign the throttle axes in the FSX Settings ->controls -> control axes menu. Furthermore it is important to create an FSUIPC “specific aircraft” assignment and calibration for the Airbus X so only this aircraft is affected. You can leave all other axes except the throttles as they are, but the throttles must be calibrated without a reverse zone ".So in FSX, set each thottle axis to a specific joystick axis and then in FSUIPC click the aircraft specific checkbox on the AXIS Assignment tab and only set the throttle axis to the specific joystick axis/lever and then go to the Joystick Cablibration tab and click on the aircraft specific checkbox (if its not already selected) and click the 'no reverse zone' checkbox. Then calibrate each of the two throttles.Bob
Thanks Bob.So if I am understanding this correctly, the assignments match in FSX and FSUIPC but the calibration is handled by FSUIPC only?Here is the hiccup in my mind:I am flying the Airbus. Axis Y is mapped to engine 1 and axis Z is mapped to engine 2. The assignments are done in an airbus profile in FSUIPC and in FSX.Now I switch to a single engine prop. In FSUIPC, Axis Y is now mapped to throttle and axis Z is mapped to prop pitch in FSUIPC with a single engine prop profile. In FSX, however, axis Z is still mapped to engine 2. Won't this cause a bunch of problems? Since FSX doesn't do profiles, won't FSX continue to send Airbus assignments to my single engine prop? FSX and FSUIPC will conflict and I will end up with strange results?