Sign in to follow this  
plodgeface

Aerosoft airbus x released!

If you are expecting something with the depth of the Wilco offering, you'll be disappointed. It is gorgeous, no doubt, and not a bad flier, and since I only occasionally get the urge to fly a bus, it might be just the thing for me. But there are strange bugs like no TC / TD if there are more than five waypoints involved. Still working my way through this one, but can't say I'm 100% delighted at this point. Seems underpowered, too. After they get the kinks worked out it will be a better airplane. Just some initial thoughts. Oswald Spengler
Most of what you mentioned, and more is either solved or looked at, atm http://www.forum.aer...showtopic=37730

Hi thereFirstly I apologise if this has already been answered but is it possible to select a DEP/ARR rway in the mcdu so that the chosen runway is visible on the ND?I find this added visual addition on the ND to be extremely helpful when landing in IFR conditions during a vectored approach.Thank youRichy

Lateral and vertical revisions, ... , selection of departure and arrival runways...
I don't understand.. no dep/arr runways? If you're doing ILS approach, you don't see the runway on ND? If I understand correctly the LNAV is working, right?

I'd hate to take this thread off course from the debate regarding Western World decadence, but has anybody tried to merge the Wilco panel with the Airbus X Model?
You are not taking this thread off course ... the merging of the panels is the epitome of Western decadence.

You are not taking this thread off course ... the merging of the panels is the epitome of Western decadence.
Haha :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hi thereFirstly I apologise if this has already been answered but is it possible to select a DEP/ARR rway in the mcdu so that the chosen runway is visible on the ND?I find this added visual addition on the ND to be extremely helpful when landing in IFR conditions during a vectored approach.Thank youRichy
It is not possible to select depp/arr rnwy. If you select the ILS freq/ or abbreviations it will show the ILS bar in the ND so you can see that you are aligned with the runway, and capturing LOC

Something is very wrong if we can't discuss various levels of systems fidelity in airliner simulation-for-entertainment software without bring up a really bad dude. Do we need to make simulation depth a moral issue?Anyway, I've taken the AirbusX for a few trips. Like everyone else, I'm impressed with the visual quality. It's a mistake to call it 'lite', or at least to imagine that it's the same level as the default Boeings. I've had no trouble flying SIDs and STARs, although entering the ILS waypoints is slightly annoying. Automatic holds would be a big help. I'm still figuring out what information I can find in the MCDU pages. For short-range flights, most of the features I want are present. It isn't going to replace the Level D 767 or PMDG's 747 for my heavy iron flying, but it is a lot of fun.

I hope for Aerosoft Airbus v2 sometime. It would be great to have functionality ontop of the eye-candy. Until then I'll be flying FT/Wilco with Eric's fixes.Dirk.

I hope for Aerosoft Airbus v2 sometime. It would be great to have functionality ontop of the eye-candy. Until then I'll be flying FT/Wilco with Eric's fixes.Dirk.
Please excuse the ignorance, but who's Eric and what FT/Wilco 'fixes'?Toni.

Guest killerwatt
Ditto that.The "western world" and its culture have passed their zenith and have entered the phase of decadence. All the developments that you can see, even here in the FS community, is a consequence of that downward movement: Form over function, gadgets rule, life and the things therein should be as easy as eating and drinking, thinking is obsolete, not wanted and avoided by people............................................Just my 2 cent.
You are overcharging!

Sorry guys but it seems that Aerosoft missed the whole point to he Airbus. The BEAUTY of the Airbus is not in its detailed flap canoes but in its highly automated systems that greatly reduces the workload of the pilots. The BEAUTY of the Airbus is not in the shape of its nose but in its fully automated flight and protection systems that "idiot-proofs" the aircraft vs its Boeing counterparts. The BEAUTY of the airbus is in the technology of the Airbus that makes it unique.If you develop an Airbus "lite" that doesn't behave like an Airbus then it is NOT an Airbus representation no matter how accurately the outside skeleton is modeled. In the same way that a Ferrari replica built on a Honda chassis and Corvette engine is not a Ferrari no matter how accurately the body LOOKS like a Ferrari when sitting in the parking lot...its all in the systems and behavior that makes all the difference. I am so sad to see the recent trend that moves away from the beauty of the mechanics of aircraft to simply how photo-realistic the virtual cockpit can be. :-( Over the years this hobby has indeed moved away from being a "simulation" to being just a "game."
You've missing the point, this addon was created with the intent to place the complexity between default aircrafts and advanced ones like PMDG, Aerosoft have mention on their forums that if things go well with this version they may release an advanced version.

And in your meaning "things go well" when realizing that you paid lots of money for the default autopilot and the default fly by wire mixed up with some bugs and nice optics?Believing in a somehow advanced version while the standard one already is a pricey thing with the need for service packs isn't that clever from a customers point of view."Complexity between default aircrafts and advanced ones" doesn't mean that you can build systems wrong, it means that some things will be missing while vital parts are present. This Aerosoft bird does things wrong and vital parts of an airbus (like all the managed stuff, which reduces workload) are missing. Together in one pricey and nice looking package, this should be the one to buy for customers interested in easy to fly birds? I don't think so. Even the autoland isn't working correctly so how could this be a "less complex" aircraft for those that just want to jump in.I think Aerosoft showed its real intention with this Airbus: Grabbing lots of money (they actually raised the price to the maximum value a "less complex" customer might want to pay) while giving you a working beta version without essential Airbus features and nice sounds and optics only.If it wasn't Aerosoft, everybody would blame the company for delivering a half finished product with a very bad value. Well, it now is Aerosoft and therefor people believe they bought something good while slowly realizing, that there's a long way to go for this product to become flyable like those old Wilcos which cost nearly the same and give you lots of models to fly.So where's the objective point of view here?

Patch 1.11 due out tomorrow!There was an interim patch 1.10a released but Mathijs recommends waiting for the full release.http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showforum=320

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3