Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fakeflyer737

Imagine Sim Atlanta

Guys, I was thinking about buying this Scenery for FSX, it cost $30 US...which is a little more then I'd like to spend for a scenery addon. First of all I wanted to know if the Scenery is "current"...has there been new runways, taxi ways, gates etc added to the real Atlanta? Next how about performance, and finally is it good or not? ThanksRon Hamilton

I have it, but I haven't had much of a chance to fly there. I will say from a brief overview, it looks accurate to the current airport; can't say if every gate is exactly correct, but it's close. Customer support is not good with IS, but their sceneries are pretty nice. I've heard of a night issue regarding runway lights at KATL if you have the MS Acceleration pack, not sure if that's been corrected yet. Also, if you buy through Simmarket, and are willing to buy 3 airports or more, they can be bought for $16 each. Performance wise, it's just a tad behind my FSDT sceneries.

The night issue at KATL has been fixed. Watch out for some of there other products though because they still have issues. I think KLGA, MYNN, KCVG and TJSJ are ok but you will need to download a patch. I don't know if the installers at Simmarket contain the patch. Why? They don't date any of their files so it is impossible to tell.

if you plan on mip mapping the textures and fixing the AFCAD then I say go for it. One other thing is that the runway night lighting looks bad in the v2. Also, they have no support and rarely will respond to emails. I now like it after doing the mip mapping and getting some help from a friend in fixing the AFCAD + nobody else has done KATL.

if you plan on mip mapping the textures and fixing the AFCAD then I say go for it. One other thing is that the runway night lighting looks bad in the v2. Also, they have no support and rarely will respond to emails. I now like it after doing the mip mapping and getting some help from a friend in fixing the AFCAD + nobody else has done KATL.
Can you send me the Mip Maps.....I hate shimmering so much , i dont know why dev's dont include mip maps. ThanksRon Hamilton

Request same as Ron, it would be much appreciated. blauelini [at] gmail.comThanks so much

Just open the files in the texture folder using ImageTool then select create mipmaps and then save.

Just open the files in the texture folder using ImageTool then select create mipmaps and then save.
What texrures, where and what is Image Tool? ThanksRon Hamilton

The texture folder where you have your ImagineSim KATL installed is where the files are that need to be mipmapped. Imagetool is with the SDK that came with FS. If you dont know where those items are I would suggest that you not try to mipmap the textures. I will not simply hand out a free copy of the scenery so you guys are going to have to figure it out.

Are all the files in the texture folder run through imagetool?

Are all the files in the texture folder run through imagetool?
Yes that is what I did. Open them in ImageTool and select create MipMaps then save. When your done saving them all... no more shimmering.

Yes that is what I did. Open them in ImageTool and select create MipMaps then save. When your done saving them all... no more shimmering.
Did you use a batch file or convert them individually?

I would select 10 or 15 at a time and open them at once and then make the mipmaps and save them 1 at a time. Didnt take that long and you get faster as you move along.

I would select 10 or 15 at a time and open them at once and then make the mipmaps and save them 1 at a time. Didnt take that long and you get faster as you move along.
Ok...thanks!

Ok...thanks!
no problem, you will like it much better without the shimmering. BTW, if you notice that AI refuse to takeoff especially 9L let me know and I will send you the fixed AFCAD (providing you are using KATL v2)Jim

Wow, thanks very much for this tip! It totally changes the appearance of all the IS airport sceneries. I had shimmering all along, but I lived with it since it still beat the default airports. After the mipmaps conversion, everything looks so grand and no shimmering to ruin the approach. :(

Wow, thanks very much for this tip! It totally changes the appearance of all the IS airport sceneries. I had shimmering all along, but I lived with it since it still beat the default airports. After the mipmaps conversion, everything looks so grand and no shimmering to ruin the approach. :(
Your welcome. Why ImagineSim cant do this themselves I dont understand as you can now see how easy it is to do. Glad it worked for you!

Your welcome. Why ImagineSim cant do this themselves I dont understand as you can now see how easy it is to do. Glad it worked for you!
Well I've got seven ImagineSim airports so it looks like I've got a lot of "mipping" to do! :(

Well I've got seven ImagineSim airports so it looks like I've got a lot of "mipping" to do! :(
Yeah, you better get crackin! :(

I think its pretty stupid that the User has to do this kind of work to make it look good in the sim, shame on this developer, I'm not buying Atlanta now. As if I'm going to spend $30 on a product which according to reviews and screenshots doesn't look that good, and as if I'm going to spend my time Mip Mapping scenery, this should be done by the dev's. I'd rather get something more "complete" and something that is ready to go, like FSDT or Fly Tampa or what have you.Ron Hamilton

WOW! I mipped all the KATL textures this morning and just flew into Atlanta. Its like a whole new scenery now. Looks much much better. Makes it a joy to fly into KATL now!

WOW! I mipped all the KATL textures this morning and just flew into Atlanta. Its like a whole new scenery now. Looks much much better. Makes it a joy to fly into KATL now!
Cool! Glad it helped you.