Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phoenixphire

Hawaiian Airports Volume 1 for FSX Released!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just to clarify better:Only those that purchased PHNL before Feb. 15th 2010 will get the 50% discount, all other Honolulu purchasers will get a 20% discount. Those that don't have PHNL yet, will be offered to purchase it at 20% discount, when ordering the Hawaiian Airports package.

And now there are three beautiful Hawaiian airports...one each for Kauai, Oahu, and the Big Island....they're excellent.

And now there are three beautiful Hawaiian airports...one each for Kauai, Oahu, and the Big Island....they're excellent.
Yup, I don't really have any $$ to spend on FS things right now. But I will buy Hawaiian Airports v.1 and any others that might come along. A guy has got to be able to dream a little... Aloha, Baby! :(

Yup, I don't really have any $$ to spend on FS things right now. But I will buy Hawaiian Airports v.1 and any others that might come along. A guy has got to be able to dream a little... Aloha, Baby! :(
I hear ya meshman I visited phnl a few years ago so far twice in my life, and loved it! wish I had visited the other islands. but at least I can revisit phnl and of course some of the other islands its really amazing some really wonderful work by fsdreamteam love the islands hope too see the rest of them. but I'm really happy! some nice island hopping fun Aloha! :(

They are also great for island hopping when you don't have a lot of time, which for me is a lot latley.

They are also great for island hopping when you don't have a lot of time, which for me is a lot latley.
HI Mike yea its really fun with the short hops there. just trying to figure out what aircraft to use first lol. :(

...just trying to figure out what aircraft to use first lol. :(
That's what I was wondering as well. We could use a nice 717, Dash 8 or CRJ200 for this.

I can't see it on their website?
Just Refresh the page in the browser, it's likely showing you the old page from its cache.

some nice island hopping fun Aloha! :(
Just yesterday I fired up the updated Beech 18 by M. Shupe, et al and flew from Kona to Hana, over the top of Kahului, to Lanai, to Molokai and landed at FSDT's PHNL, after I asked for something other than runway 8W. Was an enjoyable trip, but Hawai'i still needs a lot of work to mirror real life.Hilo and Lihue are great additions and I hope FSDT does well with the release, to ensure further work in the state. Few glitches in the two airports that I'll post at the FSDT forum about come tomorrow. Too late for me to go piecing together a long post and there's still some verifying of things so that the developer has good data to work from.

Kahului and Kona will be Volume 2 I take it then? Hope so, been to both several times in real life!

Kahului and Kona will be Volume 2 I take it then? Hope so, been to both several times in real life!
I believe Vol.2 depends on the sales success of Vol.1 so I really hope it does sell well.Hilo and Lihue are really fantastic and very well done.I'd love to land The PMDG 737 in Beautiful Maui's Kahului!!!Big%20Grin.gif

Was an enjoyable trip, but Hawai'i still needs a lot of work to mirror real life.
Pick up Mega Scenery Hawaii. It looks great with FSDT's PHNL. One of the first FSX add ons and still one of the best.

Ditto, I'm psyched at the prospects. For my Private Pilot SEL training in the early 1990s, I hit each of these airports for my cross-country training. It is a JOY that someone is following through by giving us all the major airports. I sure hope they'll consider:Vol 3: Lanai and MolokaiVol 4: West Maui and HanaVol 5: Kamuela and KalaupapaThey each have their own character.
Just to clarify better:Only those that purchased PHNL before Feb. 15th 2010 will get the 50% discount, all other Honolulu purchasers will get a 20% discount. Those that don't have PHNL yet, will be offered to purchase it at 20% discount, when ordering the Hawaiian Airports package.
I am an existing PHNL customer and I didn't get my discount at checkout.

I am an existing PHNL customer and I didn't get my discount at checkout.
As explained on our forum:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2631.msg32175#msg32175In order to get a discount, you need to insert a Coupon code. If you purchased before Feb. 15th 2010, the Coupon code has been sent to you via email a couple of hours before the scenery was released. If, instead, you purchased it after that date, the Coupon code to use is the one indicated on our forum.

Best 16.50 I've ever spent. Now just a few tweaks to the afcad by someone experienced with the airports setup and it will be perfection. Love island hopping and love Hawaii!

They sent an email with a discount code. If you didn't get it you need to send them an email with purchase data for PHNL. See their support forum for details.scott s..

There is a video of Kona airport developed for FSX on youtube. Don't know if it will be freeware or payware though.

There is a video of Kona airport developed for FSX on youtube. Don't know if it will be freeware or payware though.
I was based out of KOA for a year....such an UGLY piece of land....Links though?

Nice! Wow, these guys are whipping out sceneries left and right, way to go!

I was based out of KOA for a year....such an UGLY piece of land....
Ouch! That remark is going to leave a bruise...
Links though?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnlCQgY7K4ULooks interesting, though the video froze 2/3 the way through. Wonder if they'll be able to add in the VOG?And I really, really wish that these developers who use the Google Earth imagery for the surrounding area would do a better job of color-matching. Hilo and Lihue aren't hard to miss from the air, due to the color differential.

As explained on our forum:http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2631.msg32175#msg32175In order to get a discount, you need to insert a Coupon code. If you purchased before Feb. 15th 2010, the Coupon code has been sent to you via email a couple of hours before the scenery was released. If, instead, you purchased it after that date, the Coupon code to use is the one indicated on our forum.
Thank you. I just went in and bought it, so I didn't enter in any coupon. Am I too late?

Ouch! That remark is going to leave a bruise...
Thanks for the links! Not trying to bruise at all! It's just you expect Hawaii to be lush and green, and then you land in KOA, it's like you're on the moon or something! Spear fishing down by the airport is a lot of fun though, and in town and up on Hualalai is really pretty! North Shore is awesome, and so is South Shore! Hilo side is really pretty too, if not too rainy! Personally, I like it the most up around Waimea Kohala!