Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

FS2004: sensational discovery!

Guest Fishu

I've been 'abusing' the kneeboard for over a month, put up all the charts for preplanned flights.I don't recommend using adobe from within kneeboard though, the simulator doesn't like it when scrolling adobe.Also.. DO NOT check out the display applet at vatsim.net, that was a bad mistake :>Been only wishing there'd be a way to resize it.. its kind of a small window.I discovered this when I were looking for an alternative way (than jeppesen program) to see charts from within the game and it got into my mind the game seems to be using web browser and I looked up the html files.Only thing has been converting charts from pdf to gif images, due to scrolling problems caused by the adobe within FS :>With the scripts you can add a frame where you can input web site addresses and so on. (including browsing your own computer, for charts or alike.. if you don't have some certain file already linked up in there)

OK guys it's getting even BETTER:I only just managed to play mp3m wav and wmf files from within the kneeboard!!Think of audible checklists!!-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

>I discovered this when I were looking for an alternative way>(than jeppesen program) to see charts from within the game and>it got into my mind the game seems to be using web browser and>I looked up the html files.funny, that's exactly how I found it :) Good to have it out to the crowd now-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

Guest adlion944

How do you play MP3s in the kneeboard?

How to play audio files:Create a simple page that links to various checklists, e.g. before startup checklist, taxi checklist etc.For each sub-page (e.g. for each checklist), copy and paste the following codeNow CHANGE "warpigs.mp3" to represent the correct filename of the file to be played. This can be a mp3, wav or wmf file.You may also want to include a link back to the selection page!You can also put more than just one checklist on one page as they don't start playing until you click on the play button!This time you should not replace the kneeboard_keys.htm but the aircraft's checklist - you find the file inside the folder of each aircraft, filename ends with _check.htmThe audio files need to be in the same folder as the htm files!-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

On this picture you see a perfect combination of audio-controls and a Jeppesen flight plan in PDF format.All checklists have gone into one audio file with small pauses between each other.Note that the flight plan resides in a seperate frame, this way the audio buttons always remain visible and accessablehttp://www.westerntrainer.de/fs/ultimatekneeboard.jpgImportant note on desplay errors that may occur when using PDF files and acrobat reader (as a browser plugin): USE THE MOUSEWHEEL TO SCROLL. That way i don't get scrambled graphics on the PDF document.-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

Yeah. This is pretty exciting. I knew that the kneeboard used HTML files, which I thought was pretty cool because it would be possible to create some very nice-looking files for checklists and such, but I never expected that it was actually browsable HTML.I wonder what kind of support it offers for DHTML layers/animations and other advanced browser features. There is a TON of stuff you can do with client-side scripting. With enough time, you could effectively create an application of sorts without the kneeboard, assuming that it supports more than basic HTML. I'll give some of this a go.

Guest Ken_Salter

I would bet at least a sawbuck that they are using the IE engine that has available to developers to drop in browser support. If that is true, then it should support everything that IE supports (assuming the developers didn't disable anything.)This should include javascript, vbscript, css, activex, etc...http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/images/avsim_sig.jpg"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

As far as I could dig, it is about 99% confirmed that "they" indeed use the IE engine, and that just opens the barndoor to all kinds of neat things :)To bed now, it's 2 in the morning here...-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

>I would bet at least a sawbuck that they are using the IE>engine that has available to developers to drop in browser>support.Yep. I'd agree.You have to wonder why they didn't just go ahead and plug some basic browser controls in there? ;)The mind really does boggle at the possibilities for this thing. As a web developer, I'm not sure where to start.

Hi Guys, This is kind of a dumb question given what everyone is considering with the web capabilities of the kneeboard. But, does anyone know how to paste and type information directly into the kneeboard while in flight. The old kneeboard had an area to type notes in but I can't figure out how to do it with this one.Thanks, mouse