Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

Hey Robert. The HGS looks great. Just one question. I know this is work in progress, hence why it isn't present in your shot(s). I noticed you were in AIII mode. But on the flight path symbol, I didn't see the guidance cue. IE the "doughnut" Will this be a part of your HGS system. That is the main indicator used for AIII approaches. We can doo them down to 500RVR now with 50' DH. Very interesting when you do one for real. Did a hand flown 700RVR into SMF one night. That runway reference symbol, sure gives you a warm fuzzy. :( At any rate, hopefully you'll have that integral and very important component in the HGS system for your 737NGX. As I mentioned, looking forward to her release. May you and oyurs, have a blessed Thankgsgiving.Best,David William BarnettEDIT: Robert, should have clarified. I was reffering to the Honeywell HGS 2300's and or the 4000. In the screenshot, it looks like your AIII mode, is the ILS mode on the Honeywell. So, you may be using another model of HGS, if so; apologies.

@David BPlease do not reply to all of Roberts post David biggrin.gif We will end up having tons of same preview pics and youtube clips in this thread, just filling empty space.. We do not need that biggrin.gifOther than that, I find your post interessting, didn't know there where different kinds of the HGS on the NG's

Captains-Okay- it is time for a little bit of heads-up action with the NGX!............................
Hi Robert,These screenshots (thanks) look almost 3D in perspective, really nice! Thanks for generating products that lets the "non_ATP'ers" in our fraternity experience some of the complexities of airline pilotage. Thanks, Bruce.

But on the flight path symbol, I didn't see the guidance cue. IE the "doughnut"
Just so everyone knows - the "doughnut" David is referring to is visible on the HUD-video from some real 737NG night-landing at LAX which was posted in this thread a few pages back. I am no HUD expert so whether it is something that is particular to a special HUD model I leave to others to sort it out.

Because you are slowly nearing beta testing and final release, should we expect more frequent updates?

@David BPlease do not reply to all of Roberts post David biggrin.gif We will end up having tons of same preview pics and youtube clips in this thread, just filling empty space.. We do not need that biggrin.gifOther than that, I find your post interessting, didn't know there where different kinds of the HGS on the NG's
Oops, sorry anders. my bad. I get confused on this quote thingy at times. I don't post too often. Apologies.I may have done it again on another post. I'll be more careful from this point on.Best,David William Barnett

Joel- Its prbably more likely that they will update us when there is stuff to show. Expecting anything more than that is futile.

Peter Osborn

Hey Robert. The HGS looks great. Just one question. I know this is work in progress, hence why it isn't present in your shot(s). I noticed you were in AIII mode. But on the flight path symbol, I didn't see the guidance cue. IE the "doughnut" Will this be a part of your HGS system. That is the main indicator used for AIII approaches. We can doo them down to 500RVR now with 50' DH. Very interesting when you do one for real. Did a hand flown 700RVR into SMF one night. That runway reference symbol, sure gives you a warm fuzzy. :( At any rate, hopefully you'll have that integral and very important component in the HGS system for your 737NGX. As I mentioned, looking forward to her release. May you and oyurs, have a blessed Thankgsgiving.Best,David William BarnettEDIT: Robert, should have clarified. I was reffering to the Honeywell HGS 2300's and or the 4000. In the screenshot, it looks like your AIII mode, is the ILS mode on the Honeywell. So, you may be using another model of HGS, if so; apologies.
These are shots of a still-in-development alpha - I mentioned early on in the thread that there are features that aren't yet implemented when talking about the ground modes etc - command doughnut is the same thing. Don't worry, we're not going to leave something like that out.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

My take on the "doughnut" is that it is simply the HUD version of the Flight Director.

[/quote/]Simon-We have a very healthy options list inside the airplane that will allow you to pick/choose your cockpit equipment to suit your tastes.For example, if you wanted to Honeywell MCP and the analogue standby gauges and no HUD... You can chose those options...If you suddenly change your mind mid flight and decide that it would be nice to have a HUD... presto-clicko-change-o... The HUD is available for you.We've had some requests to set up airline specific configurations that we intend to follow through with- but it hasn't been implemented yet. One other area we are working on is hull-specific configurations: This will allow VA's to decide how they want specific hull numbers outfitted, and they can give these setups to their pilots... When flying a specific hull number, the pilot will have access to the equipment the VA chose...Again- not sure if that will make release 1.0- but long term it is something we intend to have in place for the NG series, the 777 and the [censored] that will follow it.[/quote/]Hi Robert,Thanks for getting back re cockpit options. Sounds like we will have a lot of flexibility which will lead to many of hours of fun in the vc indeed and some variety!Good work re: revised darker cockpit colors (much better) and the thank-you for the many thousands of programming and testing hours you guys are putting in for us. :(

Simon

I see Doughnut and all I can think of is Krispey Kreme. I still think this is going to be one of the most impressive revolutions to hit flight simulator. The fact that it actually outlays the correct portion of the runway for landing is miraculous. Cannot wait to put it through its paces on some CatIII landings. Sure over the coming time period there will be even more jaw dropping features revealed.

A Delta pilot once told me that to fly a HUD approach, all you need to do is "put the ball in the basket". I assume this is referring to the donut hole, so I was expecting to see this as well.Kevin M.

A Delta pilot once told me that to fly a HUD approach, all you need to do is "put the ball in the basket". I assume this is referring to the donut hole, so I was expecting to see this as well.
Yeah, the doughnut hole is already there (what RR labeled the 'velocity vector').BTW, while landing the Space Shuttle they also have the HUD and they also "put the ball in the basket". :(

I see where Tabs says the HUD is still-in-development alpha stage so I think it will be awhile before we see release. Jeff

Jeffrey Gerbert

Jeff, while you may be right that release is still off for some time, and the plane is still in Alpha, what Ryan exactly wrote was that the "pictures were from a still-in-development Alpha", which while that certainly could have been yesterday, could also have been 6 months ago. RSR, however, noted that they are "still tweaking" to get rid of the GWPS false positive on the HUD. So, maybe it is still in alpha, and maybe it isn't.