Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

I'm really looking forward to the expected good performance Robert. It's amazing that you have managed to get the best looking airliner, deepest system depth of an FSX airliner AND good FPS! You guys should be given a Nobel prize in programing.

Captains-I haven't thrown any "oh- lemme tell you about this little detail" tid-bits into this thread yet- so here comes one...Some of the failures that are being programmed into the NGX aren't very glamorous. In fact, you might never select many of them manually because they just don't sound that interesting. Yet, with failures set to activate automatically, you might wind up with a scenario that challenges you to understand the airplane, the airplane's systems, and how it operates...For example, if you saw the quantity in your A System Hydraulic reservoir start increasing during flight, would you know what this might be telling you?There is no indication for this particular failure, so would you recognize the problem if, shortly after you noticed the increasing hydraulic fluid quantity, the A system EDP or EMDP (hydraulic pumps) suddenly showed low output pressure?You might not. In fact, there is little you can do to correct this problem, but chances are you lost the pneumatic air pressure feed to the A system hydraulic reservoir. As such, the fluid is no longer under positive pressure and becomes prone to foaming as it transits the hydraulic pumps. The growth of foam in the tank fools the quantity sensor, and since foam has a lower density than liquid fluid, the pump occasionally cannot produce rated output pressure and the LOW PRESSURE lights can appear intermittently...And what if you DID select this failure, or the computer selects this failure for you as a random failure- how long will it take to show itself?Somewhere between now... and twelve hours from now. The tanks do a good job of holding pressure...So there is just one example of how the NGX might surprise you!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thats awsome. Is there no end to the level of detail you guys are going too?. I would hate to see how much code it takes to model an aircraft to that level of detail. One thing im wondering while we are on the faliure subject is will we be able to select time between fails. I mean the MD-11 and 747-400 are stuck at 10 hours and cant be changed. Id like to be able to set it to a diffrent amount like 2 Hours or 2 days. With the Leonardo MD80 maddog you can set the fail ratefrom minutes to months if you want. Would be nice but I understand if not.Thanks for taking the time to post for us.Andrew Simmons

Captains-I haven't thrown any "oh- lemme tell you about this little detail" tid-bits into this thread yet- so here comes one......So there is just one example of how the NGX might surprise you!
Is there any way at all we might get a service sheet the start of a flight? You know, something listing maintenance and Out of Service items? I think it could make a huge change to flight planning in FSX.

I'm really enjoying the PMDG team's involvement in this thread.. In previous ones it was only on the first few pages.Thanks guys!

Wow!!! I've been flying 737s for 12 years...didn't think I'd be learning new systems info on a flight sim forum!! Neat info on the hydraulic system. I'm certainly looking forward to your product to better prepare for checkrides!!Thanks,Ed Z

That sounds brilliant! It's great to see detailed random failures implemented. As it is now in MSFS you have no reason to scan the engine instruments or the hydraulics, etc... This should make things far more interesting and realistic.Greatly looking forward to the release! :)

Gents-I'm flying a 1944 vintage airplane. Age don't mean NOTHING. Maintenance is EVERYTHING. :(
Tell that to my birth certificate! heheJack c

Gents-I'm flying a 1944 vintage airplane. Age don't mean NOTHING. Maintenance BUDGET is EVERYTHING. Big Grin.gif
Fixed.FWIW, I just sold my 1981 bird. In the market for a 6-seat single engine, probably a Saratoga-like animal.

HII have spent a lot of time building a home cockpit with separate Pilot and First officer instrument monitors and was wondering when or if any advance info will be released on the number of two D panels. Will there be FO undockable PFD and ND panels?Thank youpercy.

Thats awsome. Is there no end to the level of detail you guys are going too?. I would hate to see how much code it takes to model an aircraft to that level of detail. One thing im wondering while we are on the faliure subject is will we be able to select time between fails. I mean the MD-11 and 747-400 are stuck at 10 hours and cant be changed. Id like to be able to set it to a diffrent amount like 2 Hours or 2 days. With the Leonardo MD80 maddog you can set the fail ratefrom minutes to months if you want. Would be nice but I understand if not.
The NGX is an all new code framework for us - it shares nothing in common with the 747 and MD-11... you can bet on features like this being there - we can do anything we want now without being held back by the old code.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The NGX is an all new code framework for us - it shares nothing in common with the 747 and MD-11... you can bet on features like this being there - we can do anything we want now without being held back by the old code.
Anything, you say? *Anything*?I demand a failure that turns the 737NG into a Woodpigeon! :(

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.