Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

I would guess (as with their other products) it uses the same package we download currently.
I doubt that. The current Navigraph branded PMDG database is not RNP compatible and I would think a new format will be developed (or more probably the current format extended) to include the other leg types required.

Hey!I built myself a little friend earlier this year and I must say I'm rather pleased with the results. The specs for my setup currently are;Intel i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz | EX58-EXTREME Mobo | 12GB DDR3@1600 | nVidia GF480GTX 1536MB | 2x 1TB Samsung 7200's | Thermaltake Spedo Case | Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler | Windows7 64-bit |Settings ATM is all sliders to the right, autogen set to very dense and I'm using FEX + AS Evolution - ex. PMDG MD11 @ Flytampa TAMPA X with real weather and those settings gives me (unlimited) around 50-60fps in 2D and 30-40 in 3D, about the same with the Level-D. I can't wait to try out the NGX and see how it perfoms :)The i7 are begging to be overclocked, and it's so easy and such a safe thing to do these days!All this for around 1850$!Merry Christmas!/Tom
Hmmm thanks for the fast input i might settle for the i7-930 and get a higher end GPU like the GTX 480 like youshelf or like Ryan i might get the GTX 570, im going to buy from iBUYPOWER.com. Do you think the system will be locked from overclocking if i buy from iBUYPOWER.com?Thinking.gif Im seeing i can get the GTX 460 in 2GB GDDR5. While the GTX 480 only comes in 1.5GB. Im also getting 6GB of DDR3-1600 and im getting a 750 watt corsair PSU and a SLI ASUS P6X58D-E, should this be good enough? Sorry for going off topic i just want to make sure i get the perfect build for the NGX!!!Big%20Grin.gifTashiem Lemmon

You don't need 2GB of RAM on the video card, that does nothing for you. Get the best actual GPU chip you can, don't worry about the RAM as long as it's 1GB or better. A 1.28GB GTX570 is a way way more powerful card than some older chip that has 2GB of RAM.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You don't need 2GB of RAM on the video card, that does nothing for you. Get the best actual GPU chip you can, don't worry about the RAM as long as it's 1GB or better. A 1.28GB GTX570 is a way way more powerful card than some older chip that has 2GB of RAM.
Ok thanks Ryan if i can fit it in my budget, i'll be getting the GTX 570.

Ok thanks Ryan if i can fit it in my budget, i'll be getting the GTX 570.
Well strangely enough I'm returning or selling mine I've decided tonight - I can't get it to perform as well as the old GTX260 in FSX. I don't understand what's wrong but I've tried everything I know in the couple weeks I've had it... It's a much more powerful card than the 260, but for whatever reason on my system it is slower than the 260 in FSX in a bunch of different situations.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well strangely enough I'm returning or selling mine I've decided tonight - I can't get it to perform as well as the old GTX260 in FSX. I don't understand what's wrong but I've tried everything I know in the couple weeks I've had it... It's a much more powerful card than the 260, but for whatever reason on my system it is slower than the 260 in FSX in a bunch of different situations.
Well i really don't know, my other alternative is to get the GTX 470 or GTX 480 hopefully that will work with FSX and give me the performance i want with the NGX, you think that should be good Ryan? Also if you could tell me if its not to much trouble how good is your performance with the NGX with the GTX 260?

Well i really don't know, my other alternative is to get the GTX 470 or GTX 480 hopefully that will work with FSX and give me the performance i want with the NGX, you think that should be good Ryan? Also if you could tell me if its not to much trouble how good is your performance with the NGX with the GTX 260?
Maybe wait somewhile for new drivers?Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

Maybe wait somewhile for new drivers?Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck
Idk i might well see when i get my money on monday.....

I don't understand it at all - people have bought 580's and are using the same driver I am with the 570 and they're seeing way better performance... it's baffling. With the 260 I'm getting 30-40FPS most of the time with the NGX. I saw it drop to single digits with the 570 earlier around KATL, that's was the final straw for me - the 260 doesn't do that at all there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guys, by reading i have found that there are cases where 570s 580s and 400 series cards behave poorly ...At nvidia forums is helll...They are thinking that the problem is either in the new 263.09 drivers or the SPECIFIC motherboard-card combination. They say that if you are up for RMA then sent BOTH of them together to be tested. The Card along with the motherboard.570 should have a hell of a better performance that 260..I had a 295 and now woth the 580 is night and day...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

Why not go for the 580 Ryan?
It's $550 and I really shouldn't need that much GPU power for 1920x1200 single-monitor.
Guys, by reading i have found that there are cases where 570s 580s and 400 series cards behave poorly ...At nvidia forums is helll...They are thinking that the problem is either in the new 263.09 drivers or the SPECIFIC motherboard-card combination. They say that if you are up for RMA then sent BOTH of them together to be tested. The Card along with the motherboard.570 should have a hell of a better performance that 260..I had a 295 and now woth the 580 is night and day...
The problem is that the card is fine in other games that use the GPU like Bad Company 2, Metro 2033, Just Cause 2 etc... runs beautifully, the problem is solely with FSX. I even tried FS9 and that ran insanely well too - 150FPS at times.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

I don't understand it at all - people have bought 580's and are using the same driver I am with the 570 and they're seeing way better performance... it's baffling. With the 260 I'm getting 30-40FPS most of the time with the NGX. I saw it drop to single digits with the 570 earlier around KATL, that's was the final straw for me - the 260 doesn't do that at all there.
So Ryan with the GTX 260 your getting 30-40FPS with the NGX, is that with add ons? If so the GTX 470 or GTX 480 will do me perfectly fine no need wasting extra money now, and if im correct FSX is more CPU dependant than GPU right?

Well I know this topic gets discussed on a regular basis here so excuse me asking again, but would you say even a 1gig 260 would be sufficient? I was thinking about a 460 but I'm on a really low budget if at all. And I'm coming from a 256 meg 7900GS, so it would be a step forward either way I believe. Plus I don't need it for any game titles.sig.gif

Just get the GTX580 and a fast Core i7. You'll get amazing result in FSX using Orbx scenery with a very high detailed aircraft! Trust me. :D