Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

SUCCESS!Reformatting fixed whatever was wrong completely! The sim is insanely smooth now - currently cruising over southern California in a very late NGX alpha at FL320 and I'm getting 80FPS in the VC and 150+ in spot view (FPS unlimited, no tweaks or limiter have been applied yet). Sim is maxed, all the big scenery addons + 100% UT2 traffic.I really wish I knew what the heck caused this - must be something deep in the bowels of the Windows hardware subsystem. I'll be reformatting and clean installing whenever I do video card upgrades from now on for sure.Sorry to have caused anyone to think there was a problem with the 570 - there's not, it's blazing fast now. I have a huge grin on my face just watching it haha!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Wauw sounds amazing Ryan!I am waiting for prices to drop on the 480 my self, cuz I gotta boost my system!Remember to update your signature Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

SUCCESS!Reformatting fixed whatever was wrong completely! The sim is insanely smooth now - currently cruising over southern California in a very late NGX alpha at FL320 and I'm getting 80FPS in the VC and 150+ in spot view (FPS unlimited, no tweaks or limiter have been applied yet). Sim is maxed, all the big scenery addons + 100% UT2 traffic.I really wish I knew what the heck caused this - must be something deep in the bowels of the Windows hardware subsystem. I'll be reformatting and clean installing whenever I do video card upgrades from now on for sure.Sorry to have caused anyone to think there was a problem with the 570 - there's not, it's blazing fast now. I have a huge grin on my face just watching it haha!
So you are saying you have to do a clean install of windows and then install everything else jsut to get the video card to work properly? Man windows blows lol. I am worried about my 460 I just got.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Thats perfect lol its about 6am over here lol, and i got my money so im buying the computer as we speak before i have to go to work and the GTX580 is within my pricerange!!!!!

Guest wims
So you are saying you have to do a clean install of windows and then install everything else jsut to get the video card to work properly? Man windows blows lol. I am worried about my 460 I just got.
Nothing new there really, when you get new hardware the best thing to do is to format and do a complete reinstallation.

Hi to all!I think that everybody should know ******* Altuve (Bojote), and all the improvements he got to the FSX's performance.Take a look to the Free Bojote's tweaking pageIt should help all of you to getting the best performance possible, getting the best of your computer.I hope this will help,Season Greetings and a Happy New Year. (excuse my poor english)

Gerardo Cabezón

Nothing new there really, when you get new hardware the best thing to do is to format and do a complete reinstallation.
Not really SOP for a video card, Wim... but I guess it worked.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest dlrk

Never heard of a graphics card replacement requiring a format.

currently cruising over southern California in a very late NGX alpha at FL320 and I'm getting 80FPS in the VC and 150+ in spot view (FPS unlimited, no tweaks or limiter have been applied yet). Sim is maxed, all the big scenery addons + 100% UT2 traffic.
I'm really trying to wait until SB is released to see if the current stuff drops in price (Even slightly) before upgrading, but stuff like this is making it mighty hard. LOL.gifGlad to hear reformatting worked, Ryan.

Hi to all!I think that everybody should know ******* Altuve (Bojote), and all the improvements he got to the FSX's performance.Take a look to the Free Bojote's tweaking pageIt should help all of you to getting the best performance possible, getting the best of your computer.I hope this will help,Season Greetings and a Happy New Year. (excuse my poor english)
What if you have a Radeon 5770 graphics card? I saw only nvidia cards listed....jen noullet

Hi all. I've been reading these discussions about video cards with interest as I'm considering going to a multi monitor set-up for FSX. I'm currently running a i7980x, 6GB 2000Ghz DDR3 RAM, 2x300GB velociraptor 1exclusivley for FSX, and a GTX 285 with 2GB RAM. Oh, and a 24" 1920x1200 monitor. Windows 7 64bit.I was considering going for a Triple Head2Go and 2 more 24" monitors but concerned about the frame rate loss. I've also got a laptop over a LAN with a 19" monitor so how about purchasing 2 more 19" monitors and using 3x 19 monitors and Triple head2go??? Or how about upgrading the video card to say a GTX485 and ruing 2 monitors off of that or even just purchase a larger monitor and staying wiith a single monitor set up?????I realise this is off topic but while we are waiting for the NGX...........Anyone got any suggestions?????Happy Christmas and best wishes for the new year to all, Martin.
I have experience with Triplehead:At 3840 * 1024 it costs about 35% of FR'smake sure you buy monitors with a native resolution supported bij Matrox Tipleheadhttp://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/1920 * 1200 : only for 2 monitors.Matrox gave me 3 years of great fun, but it is the past; it has no reason for excistence any more....I went to Eyefinity and it's great.This is my setup:http://picasaweb.google.com/kenny.moens/FSLanParty2010#55242273531223594581 * 5870 for the 3 middle TFT's (Eyefinty)2 * 5570 for the 3 lower TFT's and the overhead.Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

What if you have a Radeon 5770 graphics card? I saw only nvidia cards listed....jen noullet
Use the nVidia equivalent, the GeForce 200 series.

Guest acezboy561
SUCCESS!Reformatting fixed whatever was wrong completely! The sim is insanely smooth now - currently cruising over southern California in a very late NGX alpha at FL320 and I'm getting 80FPS in the VC and 150+ in spot view (FPS unlimited, no tweaks or limiter have been applied yet). Sim is maxed, all the big scenery addons + 100% UT2 traffic.
Very late Alpha? Big%20Grin.gif

I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring that up.
lol! I was going to say the same thing.