Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A little Heads-Up on the NGX...

I have experience with Triplehead:At 3840 * 1024 it costs about 35% of FR'smake sure you buy monitors with a native resolution supported bij Matrox Tipleheadhttp://www.matrox.co...ucts/gxm/th2go/1920 * 1200 : only for 2 monitors.Matrox gave me 3 years of great fun, but it is the past; it has no reason for excistence any more....I went to Eyefinity and it's great.This is my setup:http://picasaweb.goo...2273531223594581 * 5870 for the 3 middle TFT's (Eyefinty)2 * 5570 for the 3 lower TFT's and the overhead.Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck
Bert,How would you compare the setup Eyefinity vs. Matrox? What are the main advantages for Eyefinity over the Matrox setup?I've been "eyeing" on something to get the sim machine a little update on the "visual side", at home that is. It would be great to get one of these multimonitor super setups. Not using the VC usually, I am not sure how much fun I could get out of multiple monitors in Eyefinity/Matrox setup (conventional multimonitor is OK, but I guess it eats frames, right?).Thanks!Tero

PPL(A)

Bert,How would you compare the setup Eyefinity vs. Matrox? What are the main advantages for Eyefinity over the Matrox setup?I've been "eyeing" on something to get the sim machine a little update on the "visual side", at home that is. It would be great to get one of these multimonitor super setups. Not using the VC usually, I am not sure how much fun I could get out of multiple monitors in Eyefinity/Matrox setup (conventional multimonitor is OK, but I guess it eats frames, right?).Thanks!Tero
The main advantage is that Eyefinity supports all monitor resolutions and the Matrox Doesn't. You DO have to buy an active displayport adapter (125 EUR over here) (or maybe tha't nor nescessary any more?)You don't have to buy the Matrox (330 EUR over here) so that is money you can out in a better graphics card.Disadvantage will probably be the fact that ATI cards are less good in AA which you can avoid buy using a Nvdia/Matrox combination.The VC, in my case doesn't eat that much frames. Reason is that I can run the VC in a low quality mode becayse I have all instruments on other screens.That was the main reason for these monitors; I wanted to see my intruments all the time even when looking around for the runway (during a circling approach for example), not for the eyecandy.If Nvidia would funally come up with their version of Eyefinity, it will be a perfect world :( Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

Thank's for the reply's. I'm still undecided though and would prefer Nvidia over ATI. So that leaves me with TH2go. But I may just get a bigger monitor, say a 27" or something.Decision's, Decisions......Martin.

Martin Stacey.

Thank's for the reply's. I'm still undecided though and would prefer Nvidia over ATI. So that leaves me with TH2go. But I may just get a bigger monitor, say a 27" or something.Decision's, Decisions......Martin.
Good luck, but don't forget to check the allowed resolutions in the matrox specifications on:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck

Any news ... Any update ... Team, give us a happy christmas!!!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg