Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Hi guys, Finally after years of tweaking and tuning on my old and dusty Dell pc, I'm finally able to get decent framerates in FSX using orbx scenery and some high lavel payware aircraft. So first of all thank you for that *******!Just one thing that keeps bothering me are the dreaded blurries which appear while flying under 1500ft on final. I've just about read every thread and tried tweaking some more to the fsx.cfg I downloaded from *******' tool, but only with limited succes.Let me first describe my setup, please don't LOL.gif ... Dell pcIntel Core2Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66Ghz4GB RAMNvidia Geforce 9600GT 1GBWindows Vista 32bit My fsx.cfg: [RWW_WEATHER_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_APPROACHES=0SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_NDBS=0SHOW_TERRAIN=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_VORS=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[bufferPools]UsePools=0RejectThreshold=102400PoolSize=2097152[sOUND]AmbientUI=1AmbientUIMusic=FSX01AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}SOUND=1SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=1.000000SOUND_LOD=1SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabels=0ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=0ShowATCText=1UsePilotVoice=1[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=3ASLON=0MEASURE=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[FACILITIES]CITY=Coffs HarbourCOUNTRY=AustraliaGTL_BUTTON=1663STATE=New South Wales[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=0D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=4AirlineDensity=11FreewayDensity=7GADensity=5IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=23ShipsAndFerriesDensity=20[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[REALISM]AutoCoord=TrueAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=FalseCrashTolerance=1.000000CrashWithDyn=FalseGEffect=TrueGeneral=0.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=0.000000ManualLights=TruePFactor=0.000000RealMixture=FalseStressDamage=FalseTorque=0.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=True[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=4DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=0DownloadWindsAloft=0DynamicWeather=0MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=0TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.5HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=0Location=320,117,1360,893,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=2SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterProcSpeed=7677PerfBucket=7[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[uSERINTERFACE]Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMSelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1DisplayFuelAsWeight=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80TextureMaxLoad=80TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=0UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=0[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.0]AntiAlias=1MipBias=6Mode=1680x1050x16Anisotropic=1[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=91MESH_RESOLUTION=24SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=3TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29WATER_EFFECTS=4[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=0SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT.0.0]Mode=1680x1050x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1 Edit: I use the external frame rate limiter. What entries can or should I change according to you? Or should I, using this setup, just have to learn to live with the blurries?Thanks in advance for any advice! Kind regards, Stroman

Hi,since i use the twik of venetubo i have experiency a problem in multiplayer mode. The problem is focused in the reduced distance of the MP aircraft, to see the other player i must be very close to other aircraft, before the venetubo's twek the distance was more. Haw can modify this distance? someone know wich string i can modify?Thanks a lot

Hi. Thank you for providing what seems to be a very clever tool. I haven't tried the new config. file yet, because I'm struggling to use the fps limiter. I've downloaded an evaluation version of WinRar in order to open the zipped download, but don't really know what to do next (I'm new to these things!). When I click on the exe. file a new window opens and disappears in a split second. Should I be placing all the files in the FSX directory then opening them from within the programme? I first tried to open/extract the files with Winzip; I was told that the HookerHelper dll. file wasn't there, although I could see it sittting there right in front of me. HELP!!

Nick,You need to create a FPS limiter shortcut on your desktop, right click on it and in Properties, edit the Target line as such:"YourPathtoFPSLimiterFPS_Limiter.exe" /f:30 "Your PathtoFSXfsx.exe"where YourPathxxxx is the path to your installation of FPS and FSX. Once you're done, double click on the shortcut, it will launch FSX with the FPS limiter set at 30 FPS.-Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,Many thanks for your very quick response. I'll try this out and let you know how it goes.Regards,Nick

Hi Guillaume,Sorry to be a pain! I typed this in the target box "C:UsersNickDownloadsFPS_Limiter_0.2FPS_Limiter.exe/f:30 "D:Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator Xfsx.exe" and received this message:- "The name "..................etc." is not valid. Please ensure the path etc........." N.B. I've recently reinstalled FSX away from the program (x86) files because I read somewhere that this was a better location for using add-ons. Where am I going wrong?Best Regards,Nick

Hi Nick, please make sure you have space after FPS_Limiter.exe. It should read: FPS_Limiter.exe /f:30(space before /f:30)

Okay I have updated my fsx.cfg but I can't for the life of me get that limiter to work on my computer. Awile back when I used your program I would click on the limiter.exe and just get a quick black dos window, I was told to make sure that I have this particular file that I can't remember now, but I have. So you advise me on how to get it running on my machine?

*******,I'm having trouble installing the FPS limiter ( see my earlier post from today 11/15/11) it may be because I'm using the wrong component of Java. Earlier I had to download Java since this relatively new laptop was without it. Anything you can suggest would be appreciated. After purchasing PMDG's 737 NGX I'm forced to get involved with FSX whereas before I was pretty much a FS9 disciple. My only complaint with FSX is lousy frame rates which are at most times barley at 10. I purchased FSX Booster but that didn't seem to help much.Tom Helwick, Livingston, Montana

I am new to this forum so hello everyone. And special thanks to ******* who's advice has helped a lot with FSX. I have been experimenting a bit with teh Affinitymask entry and here is my observation (no definitive advice, just what I have seen on my system, Core 2 Quad Q8400 @2.7, 8800GTS 320MB, 8GB DDR2 800, Win7 64 and SSD):On my Quad Core, I use affinitymask 11 which enables Cores 0,1,3. While I know that FS will always use Core 0 even if disabled, it appears that add-ons such as PMDG 737 benefit from being able to use Core 0 and otherwise have to "fight" with the texture engine for time on the other cores. Not enabeling Core 2 also appears to leave room for other FS-activity because Core 2, though disabled by this setting, does show between 13 adn 40% usage (no other applications open). Flying the PMDG, in cockpit view, Core 0 has a 100% load, in outside view, Core 0 load goes down to between 60% and 80%.Since settign affinity mask to 11, sim runs smooth as silk, no micro or other studders.Regards,Michael

I have used this tweak several times in the past with no problems but having changed my PC I can no longer get this to work, each time I click on the button to analyze my cfg file it always comes up with:

Your request could NOT be processed. Reason: There was a problem reading your configuration file. There was a problem reading your configuration file. There was a problem reading your configuration file.

try again

Mike

As I say it has always worked in the past, not sure what to do next/.

Hi Bojote,I just tried the tweaking tool for the first time and am still trying out the results but it looks real good so far. If you don't mind, I have three questions. I wasn't sure about the one hardware question regarding "How Many CPUs/Threads". I assumed it was referring to total cores? I have an i7-920 cpu with 4 cores and in my task manager it shows 8 separate columns so I figured there were 4 cores plus 4 virtuals so I picked 8. Is this correct?Also, I have FPS Limiter running per the tweaker's sugestion and it's set to 30 and the slider in FSX to unlimited. However, I notice that the fps display still bounces around 30 a lot - and occasionally to 40 or so and doesn't stay at 30. Is this normal?Another recommendation was to turn off Transparent Anti-Aliasing. In my NVIDIA Inspector FSX settings I have Anti-Aliasing Multisampling - disabled and Supersampling at 4X. Should I turn off the Supersampling one as well? Thanks for a great product. Tom

Hey *******,Have not seen you for quite awhile. Are you OK and everything well with you and yours? Tis the season for checking on friends, so here I am asking.Kind regards,

I put in that RejectThreshold tweak and it seemed to get rid of those autogen spikes. If I used a PoolSize, my FPS was cut in half.