Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Awesome fix for FSX, has made it alot smoother for me so big thanks for this. I do have one query and that is when i am on multiplayer, those i am with seem to disappear from view at 0.3nm and beyond. Is there anyway of turning this around so that they remain constant. The A/C details still remain just no visual unless i'm within 0.3nm.Many thanks for your time.Swanny.

Ok...first at all amazing Tool *******...FSX improved a freaking TON (yea..i was having issues with an i5 2500k @ 5ghz, EVGA GTX580)anyways.. i was going crazy when i found than if you download your tweaked fsx.cfg and try to overwrite it directly from the download popup... it's not gonna do it.So what you have to do is actually delete or Cut/Paste the original fsx.cfg (after back up of course) and then download the tweaked fsx.cfg to your Roaming Folder... what W7 Ultimate does is actually rename the brand new fsx.cfg as fsx.CFG.cfg so it will never gonna run if other fsx.cfg still around on the same folder.

Hi,Thanks for this tool, it's been working for me brilliantly on my old system for ages :)I just built a new system and I'm having a small problem with the modified fsx.cfg.I make the mods on your site and then download the modded cfg. It opens FSX just fine the first time. When I start FSX for the 2nd time, after a reboot, I get a black screen where the Aircraft rotatesin the FSX menu. I also get a blackscreen when I go to the flight. If I then put the modded CFG file from your site back into the FSX folder and overwright it works again. After closing FSX I get the problem back....Did the guy who asked about this on 17th of Feb this year ever find the solution? I don't use the vsync fix so I don't think it's that.... It seems as if FSX is making a change to the CFG file on exit?Chris

It seems as if FSX is making a change to the CFG file on exit? Chris
Yes, it does. The fsx.cfg file is always re-written upon exit. Even if you dont change any parameters (from the menu), it DOES make changes sometimes.An example:- In the Terrain section of the fsx.cfg, add some comment to lineWATER_EFFECT=7 // Comment: max effects- Start FSX, and exit without doing anything.- Open fsx.cfg again (new mod. date), and the comment is removed. However, the location of the line in the fsx.cfg is NOT affected. What I suspect:FSX, upon exit, always re-writes the lines that CAN be affected from the FSX menu with their current value; hence comment is lost.Because lines in the fsx.cfg that cannot be affected from the menu, remain untouched. (i.e. comment in those lines is NOT affected). Rob PS: doesn't explain your problem, but only proves FSX is re-writing the fsx.cfg file.

Hi Rob, Thanks for taking the time to reply. So do you think my only option is to print the two CFG files and search for the added comment? Are you saying this could be an empty line?

@Bojote : Hi, first of all i would like to tell you THANK YOU for your tweak and your research. I m french, so my english is not good as yours, but i have many question for you about BUFFERPOOL tweak: I m lost ! Shocked.gif I would like to know what is the best parametre for me in [bUFFERPOOL] section. But i read many times (on different forum), i have to put alone UserPools=0 and sometimes not ! Many times i read i have to add PoolSize=xxxxxx with, and i read the contrary ... Finaly i learn a new parametre : RejectThreshold=xxxxxx ... Finaly, i would like to understand these parametre, and know what the difference when i accumulate these, or put it alone and why ? What is the best parametre for each ? The goal is : Get more efficient FPS and fluidity, and improve it by custom settings. My computer is : 2600k @4.5, asus P8P67 Pro 3.1, 550W antex true power, noctuaNH D14, asus 560ti, Kingston hyperX8Go (2x 4Go), 2x WD black 1To, FSX+acceleration pack, REX2+Overdrive, UTX, GEX, FPS Limiter set to 30FPS and fsx.cfg already optimized by your service. Thanks again.

Hi Rob, I found the problem in my CFG. The 2 entries at the bottom of the following section are causing the black screen in preview and in game. They aren't there in my cfg I send to the tweak tool. The still aren't there after the tweak. I run FSX with the tweaked cfg and all is good. If I then close FSX the 2 "Shader_cache_primed" lines are added. (See the extract from my CFG below.) FSX gives me a black preview screen. If I exit FSX and delete the 2 lines from the CFG then all is well again. Is there a way to stop FSX from adding these 2 lines on exit? It'd be good to get an opinion from *******. Is he even still around? Chris [GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=0NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

I'm having difficulty installing the recommended FPS Limiter. Keep getting the error msg that the hookhelper.dll file is missing from my computer. I've tried to copy that file to my computer but the program still can't find it. The FPS Limiter program readme txt didn't answer the question. Any suggestions?

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

JesusThanks for the great little configuration editor. I have a question concerning the frame rate limiter tool that you linked. The readme file is not much help so where do I put the various files that were extracted? Mine is in the download folder and when I clicked on the .EXE file a black box popped up and then disappeared before I could see what it did. Inside FSX F12 only brings up the top down view. Are the files supposed to be placed in FSX somewhere for it to work?ThanksAlan

Guest PFL

chris512: "It'd be good to get an opinion from *******. Is he even still around?" To my ultra-limited historical and religious knowledge he was unfortunately nailed to a cross 2011 years ago, so it will be a bit difficult to have him answer your question! But go get a New Age channeller, and he/she/it can probably hook you up with him and get your problem sorted out... Joking aside, just search a bit, and the whole puzzle will hopefully turn into something understandable! ;)

Just place the whole folder in FSX and go from there... You need to have Java installed, or you will see the flash only. Maybe a good idea if you look around the forum: http://forum.avsim.n...2-wont-install/
Okay I followed the steps to rename the readme file and copied all the files into the root of FSX. Step 3 says to start FPS_Limiter GUI.jar but the only file that is there is FPS_Limiter GUI.RAR which is the zipped file.Anyone help please.ThanksAlan

After some years of tweaking the fsx.cfg myself, yesterday I took the plunge and let this tool take over my cfg. An immediate gain of 15 fps blink.png I was really not expecting this much, but can now warmly recommend this tool from Bojote im Not Worthy.gif