Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Default Baron

I have always been a gig "fan" of the Beech Baron. The Dreamfleet one for FS9 was awesome but it seems st this point there wont be an upgrade to FSX. I was wondering if there is any upgrades available to the default Baron available. I have seen a few after a google search but I wonder if anybody has any recomendations?Thanks

I think the only payware thing close to the Baron would be the Realair Duke, conceptwise. A very good aircraft in beautiful detail.Maybe the other guys know of some Baron being in the works.

I have always been a gig "fan" of the Beech Baron. The Dreamfleet one for FS9 was awesome but it seems st this point there wont be an upgrade to FSX. I was wondering if there is any upgrades available to the default Baron available. I have seen a few after a google search but I wonder if anybody has any recomendations?Thanks
Andrew,Someone (user name "vlooi") has uploaded 2 panel.cfg files for the DF Baron at flightsim.com, one using default gauges and the other using RealityXP gauges. They should be worth checking if you already have the DF Baron.Dugald

Might want to check out Just Flight's inexpensive Flying Club Beechcraft Duchess. Whilst not perfect, and not a Baron either, it is a really rather good simulation of a typical Duchess.http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=388#Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I've got a sound set taken from my Baron G58 with modified prop sounds that actually whine a little better when you bring the RPM down. I was going to upload them a few months ago, but had some internet problems, so maybe I'll do that this weekend. Also, if you're looking for an alternative twin to hold you over until we get a good Baron, you might want to take a peek at the Milviz C310 and the Carenado Seneca, both quality offerings.

I quite like the default Baron, equipped with RXP gauges..[VCockpit01].....gauge00=Beech_Baron!Engine Controls Unit,0, 0, 319, 500gauge01=RXPFLN!RMI, 371, 356, 141, 141gauge02=RXPFLT!KI256, 326, 0, 186, 177gauge03=RXPFLT!KI525, 326, 178, 186, 177gauge04=Beech_Baron!Prop Sync Spinner, 338, 356, 31, 30gauge05=Beech_Baron!Autopilot Switch, 341, 389, 28, 27gauge06=Beech_Baron!Flight Director Switch, 341, 419, 28, 28[VCockpit02]...gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 256, 327, 256, 50gauge01=RXPFLT!Altimeter, -1, 355, 158, 158gauge02=Beech_Baron!Gear Lights, 269, 382, 58, 37gauge03=Beech_Baron!Gear In Transition Light, 285, 423, 26, 23 gauge04=Magnetic_Compass!Magnetic-Compass, 269, 451, 58, 58gauge05=Beech_Baron!DME, 330, 379, 112, 56gauge06=Beech_Baron!Flaps Switch, 328, 437, 114, 75gauge07=Beech_Baron!Ammeter, 444, 388, 68, 124gauge08=RXPFLT!VerticalSpeed, -1, 1, 156, 157gauge09=RXPFLT!TurnCoordinator, 157, 0, 158, 158gauge10=RXPFLT!Airspeed, 316, 0, 153, 153gauge11=Beech_Baron!Left Manifold Pressure, 0, 159, 82, 82But there are better twins available for FSX:RealAir Duke, Carenado Seneca, Milviz C310are all very nice.

Bert

Andrew,Someone (user name "vlooi") has uploaded 2 panel.cfg files for the DF Baron at flightsim.com, one using default gauges and the other using RealityXP gauges. They should be worth checking if you already have the DF Baron.Dugald
Sorry, I just noticed that in my earlier post I failed to mention the important point that vlooi's panels allow the DF Baron to work in FSX.Dugald

I've been fine with the default Baron, and I've also been a long timeflier of that plane. I once released 3rd party Barons for a long pastsim.. "FS 98-FS2000".. :/ I guess one reason is I like the VC of theFSX Baron.. I fly only planes with good VC's.. No VC, me no fly..I'm too spoiled to go back to a 2d cockpit. There may be some 3rd partyBarons with good VC's, but I don't have them to comment. :/

Thanks for the replies. I looked into the DF Baron update but I am sure I would screw that up. I would just like a regular Baron can't believe there hasn't been one released for FSX. Seems like a no brainer. I do have the Real Air Duke and it flies great but I find it very boring. I find myself bored stiff flying along. I realize it must be me because everybody raves about it. Hopefully someone will step up and make a Baron.

I have been waiting for one the last 7 years. Now that I sold my Baron 3 days ago one will probably be coming out...

I have been waiting for one the last 7 years. Now that I sold my Baron 3 days ago one will probably be coming out...
No way...Can't believe it...Keep us posted on her replacement.Big%20Grin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I do have the Real Air Duke and it flies great but I find it very boring. I find myself bored stiff flying along. I realize it must be me because everybody raves about it.
I'm not sure I understand how you could get a huge amount of satisfaction flying the Baron if you find the RealAir Duke "boring". What exactly makes the Baron so much more interesting and exciting to you?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

.. I like the B58, I know it's king of a boring ( but Toyota Corolla is boring too) I think it's a great Bird to practice a complex Multi Engine, and this is what I'm using it for.For some reason you don't find many third party developers enthusiastic about the Baron, and other then the Duke you have to go with the stock one. I got the Duke installed it, but got some teck issues so I didn't really fly it yet. Wish you all Happy New Year BTWSomebody mention something about using DF VC FS9 with FSX, is it true ????? and can you go Win7 as well ?????

I'm not sure I understand how you could get a huge amount of satisfaction flying the Baron if you find the RealAir Duke "boring". What exactly makes the Baron so much more interesting and exciting to you?
Hey I dont know why exactly. When FS2002 came out before my add-ons from Fs2000 got upgraded I flew the Default Baron through 49 of the 50 US states and I had a blast. Ever since then I have loved the Baron. I got spoiled by the Dreamfleet Baron and I miss it. In my post I indicated with the praise the that the airplane gets it must be me. It's just the way I feel and meant to be knock on the airplane.

Geofa,Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. What are you buying now...that you sold your Baron?Stan