Sign in to follow this  
Alberto30MB

Problem with engine start / Apu Bleed

Hello Team,Glad I'm not the only one with the same problem with the Start sequence. I have read the 'temporary' fix, but just curious if the actual problem as to why FS2Crew Voice - PMDG 747 creates this error has been found and fixed? I just bought this yesterday which comes with the latest/last update. Like I said, just curious on if or what the underlining problem is and if it's being worked out for current FS9 users.Thanks,Matt J.

So, I have another question in regards to the step-by-step in the manual.With this work-around to allow the APU to work properly, has anyone selected the "Cold and Dark - KPAE" afterwards? If so, are the results the same or does the APU work like it should?I think a manual update might be handy for those that experience it. Something simple that warns users they may incounter this unknown problem and here's the work-around (for FS9 only)I also have the Pheonix Simulation 757 and I've learned you must load a differnt a/c, turn on the electical and avionics, then switch to the 757 for it to work properly. And when I do switch to the 757, it's Cold and Dark. So curious if I anyone has set up the PDMG 747 with APU running and Packs Normal, then selected the 'Cold & Dark' per the manual. I hope to try it either tonight or tomorrow, but thought I might get a quicker response here.Thanks for ther quick reply Bryan. Wonderful program overall!

I have just upgraded my computer, and finally have the 747 working.

I am running into the bleed air problem as well.  I managed to get it started by making sure the APU was running before starting FS2Crew, but after landing I had the same problem again.

The APU starts fine, but there is no bleed air available from the APU.  It seems to cycle.  The EICAS says that there is no duct pressure, but when you turn on the PACKs it sort of sounds like a motorbike revving, as the Aircon turns on and off successively (in 2 second cycles).

I have checked all the failures, and they are disabled.

I am running FS9.

The only other issue is that no one ever closes the front door before pushback, and I have to do it manually with CTR+SHFT+TAB+A.

Was there any update on the APU bleed issue (I see it is quite an old thread).

Thanks

Neil

beta.gif

I turned off the Autostart Switch on overhead panel just below and right of the start knobs and all works fine for me. I did have the problem until doing that,

Having the packs on should not affect the status of the APU Bleed Valve "VALVE" indications. The VALVE light means that the valve position disagrees with its commanded position. The "command" is a combination of switch position and system logic (logic includes APU Fire Handle position, APU rpm and APU Start Latch relay position).

(EDIT: Missed a few of the posts... Some comments removed as a result of further reading)

Cheers

Ian Riddell

I turned off the Autostart Switch on overhead panel just below and right of the start knobs and all works fine for me. I did have the problem until doing that,

I just wanted to clarify that my problem was a message saying Pack 3 Off, when clearly it was on. But I suspect all these problems maybe down to the Autostart interface. Anyway I hope this helps.

My problem is purely that the APU produces NO bleed air. As I said previously, it seems to fluctuate on and off (milliseconds at a time - the green text on the EICAS page flickers on and off). The bleed switch shows on, but withe the orange valve warning)

I have posted on the PMDG forum, but no reply

beta.gif