Sign in to follow this  
Alberto30MB

Problem with engine start / Apu Bleed

Hi all!!I have a problem with Fs2Crew 747 PMDG Voice Commander during the startup sequence. I hope posting here I can solve it. I really enjoy using Fs2Crew but I cannot use it with PMDG747.To the point:I´ve read twice the manual and I didn´t find anything about it.I make correctly the Before Engine Start Procedure,step by step (the FO too)Here is the problem, When the FO does his flow the Apu Bleed Valve Lights come ON, so this means that there is no air coming from the APU. The APU is ON, both generators working properly.I tell to FO to start engine 3 and 4 and he does his flow, but the enginge start switches for eng 3 and 4 doesn´t work because there is no air coming from the APU however APU is ON.I´ve tried to start the engines without Fs2Crew activated and there is no problem, the engines start perfectly.Suming up, when the FO performs his Before Engine Start Procedure the APU Bleed has no air coming from the APU and the engines cannot start later.Regards and thank you in advance.

Hi all!!I have a problem with Fs2Crew 747 PMDG Voice Commander during the startup sequence. I hope posting here I can solve it. I really enjoy using Fs2Crew but I cannot use it with PMDG747.To the point:I´ve read twice the manual and I didn´t find anything about it.I make correctly the Before Engine Start Procedure,step by step (the FO too)Here is the problem, When the FO does his flow the Apu Bleed Valve Lights come ON, so this means that there is no air coming from the APU. The APU is ON, both generators working properly.I tell to FO to start engine 3 and 4 and he does his flow, but the enginge start switches for eng 3 and 4 doesn´t work because there is no air coming from the APU however APU is ON.I´ve tried to start the engines without Fs2Crew activated and there is no problem, the engines start perfectly.Suming up, when the FO performs his Before Engine Start Procedure the APU Bleed has no air coming from the APU and the engines cannot start later.Regards and thank you in advance.
Hi,Make sure the APU is running and the APU Bleed air switch is on.Best bet: Load the Panel State mentioned in the FS2Crew manual and follow the tutorial to the letter.If the APU is running and APU bleed is on, there's no reason you won't be getting air.Are you sure you ran the 'before start procedure'?Cheers,

Hi Bryan, thanks for you reply ;)I load the cold and dark panel state as mentioned in the manual. I turn ON the APU and the APU Bleed correctly and I perform step by step all mentioned in the manual.I run the Before Start Procedure and then is where the APU Bleed Valve Light comes ON...I´m really worry because it´s not normal with APU running to not have Air in the APU Bleed... I´ve started the 747 PMDG hundreds of times before having FS2Crew and now it´s impossible.Thank you Bryan ;)

Hi Bryan, thanks for you reply ;)I load the cold and dark panel state as mentioned in the manual. I turn ON the APU and the APU Bleed correctly and I perform step by step all mentioned in the manual.I run the Before Start Procedure and then is where the APU Bleed Valve Light comes ON...I´m really worry because it´s not normal with APU running to not have Air in the APU Bleed... I´ve started the 747 PMDG hundreds of times before having FS2Crew and now it´s impossible.Thank you Bryan ;)
Was your PMDG 747 update-to-date with the latest PMDG updates before installing FS2Crew?Are the isolation valves open?Cheers,

Was your PMDG 747 update-to-date with the latest PMDG updates before installing FS2Crew?
I think so, however I´m going to check that.
Are the isolation valves open?
Yes, the Isolation Valves are open. However the problem is no that the bleed air not reach the engine, the problem is that the bleed air does not reach the Pneumatic system trought the APU Bleed Valve...The best, I´m going to uninstall FS2Crew and 747 PMDG and install both again carefully.Thanks again Bryan!! ;)

Hi again!!I have made a capture of the overhead panel just after the before start procedure have been carried out.I´ve reinstall both PMDG 747 and FS2Crew with their updates.The problem continues been.APU ON with both GENERATOS ON, and the other things you can check on the screen capture.fs92011-01-2800-07-35-10.jpg

Hi Alberto,I'm afraid I don't know.FS2Crew doesn't touch anything "internally" in the PMDG 747.I can't touch any of their internal code, so it's not like FS2Crew broke some systems logic.Are you using any saved or panel state files?If so, try it without. Sometimes those things can cause problems.Please email me.I'd like to see this via a Remote Desktop.Cheers,

Sorry, i can't tell with this screenshot, but have you STARTED the APU, cause by just seting the knob to ON would not do it. You have to move it to start the it will come back to ON automatically.Also have you check on the STATUS page if the APU its runing?

Hi Alberto,The only observation I have from your pic is an 'APU Valve Failure'!Check in your PMDG failures menu and clear it if necessary.

Hi Alberto,I'm afraid I don't know.FS2Crew doesn't touch anything "internally" in the PMDG 747.I can't touch any of their internal code, so it's not like FS2Crew broke some systems logic.Are you using any saved or panel state files?If so, try it without. Sometimes those things can cause problems.Please email me.I'd like to see this via a Remote Desktop.Cheers,
I´m using the panel state by PMDG of Cold and Dark... I´ll try without it, shuting down manually before start FS2Crew.
Sorry, i can't tell with this screenshot, but have you STARTED the APU, cause by just seting the knob to ON would not do it. You have to move it to start the it will come back to ON automatically.Also have you check on the STATUS page if the APU its runing?
As said in the first post, the APU is ON and both generators working Ok. I move the knob to start and monitor in the eicas that the APU is working Ok.
Hi Alberto,The only observation I have from your pic is an 'APU Valve Failure'!Check in your PMDG failures menu and clear it if necessary.
The APU Valve Failure is the principal problem. I didn´t touch anything about failures or something like that, however I´m going to check thatThanks everybody!! ;)

Hi Alberto,There is something funny in your overhead picture. All pack switches are OFF. As far as I know, you should switch all three pack switches to NORMAL, during PREFLIGHT. Then during the BEFORE START procedure, the FO switches pack 2 and 3 to the OFF position (pack 1 stays at NORM). Your task is then to press the APU Bleed Air switch, before going through the BEFORE START CHECKLIST, and start your engines. Have a look at the Flightguide, I wrote. As mentioned into the FS2Crew manual, the FO is "blind and a dummy": if the packs are off, the FO will probably switches the packs to NORMAL instead to OFF, and you will never be able to start the engines then!BTW I always make an autostart.Henk

Hi Alberto,There is something funny in your overhead picture. All pack switches are OFF. As far as I know, you should switch all three pack switches to NORMAL, during PREFLIGHT. Then during the BEFORE START procedure, the FO switches pack 2 and 3 to the OFF position (pack 1 stays at NORM). Your task is then to press the APU Bleed Air switch, before going through the BEFORE START CHECKLIST, and start your engines. Have a look at the Flightguide, I wrote. As mentioned into the FS2Crew manual, the FO is "blind and a dummy": if the packs are off, the FO will probably switches the packs to NORMAL instead to OFF, and you will never be able to start the engines then!BTW I always make an autostart.Henk
The problem is´n´t that the engines not start...the problem is that the air do not pass trought the APU valve...

The problem is´n´t that the engines not start...the problem is that the air do not pass trought the APU valve...
Hi Alberto,Did you email me yet? The only way I can help is if I can see this through a Remote Desktop session.You also might want to ask PMDG. They might might have some insight.Remember that FS2Crew does not 'touch' anything 'internal' in the PMDG. FS2Crew can only press buttons. That's all.Cheers,