Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Guys sorry if this is a little OT but i just found out that FTX Australia SP3 can be bought for 50% off. Usually these sorts of offers come when a company is about to release an upgrade. I searched for SP4 and it seems to be about to be released (?). You think its a good idea to buy SP3, or should i wait for the next version?

Guys sorry if this is a little OT but i just found out that FTX Australia SP3 can be bought for 50% off. Usually these sorts of offers come when a company is about to release an upgrade. I searched for SP4 and it seems to be about to be released (?). You think its a good idea to buy SP3, or should i wait for the next version?
Paying for a service pack? weird

You get a free upgrade to SP4 if you buy SP3 now.

You get a free upgrade to SP4 if you buy SP3 now.
Great, thanks! I guess i'll have to pick up my credit card then ;)

Paying for a service pack? weird
It's like buying "Windows XP SP3" - It's equivalent to the RTM + all of the patches, compiled onto one (or more) easy discs. Now that SP4 is coming out, they want to liquidate their stocks of the old disc, but the update is free so it's a great deal if you don't mind downloading and running the update after installing the disc.CheersNick Jones

Its about a 50 minute drive in a region called the mornington peninsula, isnt south south where ever you are?
Magnetic South? or Geographic south. If you are at the Geographic south pole (latitude S00.0000) then you can't go further south. If you are travelling from the South Magnetic Pole and try to go to the South Geographic pole, your compass won't be pointing south. ;)Try flying the NG down to the airfield 'YWKS' sometime. ;)The main time I dislike Melbourne weather is when it is hot and raining. Oh yeh and anything above about 35 celcius is getting annoying.Cold and raining is fine cos I wear a dryzabone. If it's cold you can put clothes on. If it's hot, not much you can do beyond aircon.As long as it's not flash flooding Flinders St, or literally on fire, I'm generally ok with Melbourne Weather.oddly these 2 extremes seem to happen at the same time of year.Personally though, being up near the approach path of YMML rwy 27, and about 300ft above sea level, I havn't been directly affected by any of said issues since I moved to Melbourne. The only effects I'v had have been public transport not running properly and the odd wading through knee-deep water to get to Flinders St train station to catch the trains that arn't running.Anyway. with Orbx scenery and NGX on the way, I'm sure I'll be spending tonnes more time flying past my house on the ILS rwy 27 for years to come :PTrent Hopkinson.

If John Venema at Orbx is reading and wants to chime in, he's more than welcome to post here, but I'll try to answer.KRNT is not an actual standalone airport in FTX PNW ala their KORS and upcoming KPDX but it is much improved over the default - there's enhancements made to it that are part of the PNW package.Here's the product page:http://www.fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html
FYI... The Orbx KPDX freeware addition to the PNW software is now available at their site.

Larry Johnson

FYI... The Orbx KPDX freeware addition to the PNW software is now available at their site.
Fantastic thanks for letting us know. So ends my last obsessive view of this forum on my iPhone. It's off to Bed and one more day of work before my weekend starts. The Portland scenery will kick it off nice.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello PMDG,I just have a special request, I am kindly asking you to add EGYPTAIR livery for the coming NGX, with the words “Dawn of Freedom in Egypt 2011” or something, on the exterior, celebrating the revolution and freedom we have just achieved and won, it will be interesting and will be touching people at the FSX community.Only a suggestion JThank you Alaa Riad

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Hello PMDG,I just have a special request, I am kindly asking you to add EGYPTAIR livery for the coming NGX, with the words “Dawn of Freedom in Egypt 2011” or something, on the exterior, celebrating the revolution and freedom we have just achieved and won, it will be interesting and will be touching people at the FSX community.Only a suggestion JThank you Alaa Riad
I will bring the idea up with the team. Congratulations by the way - I watched the TV coverage of it all day today. Hosni Mubarak took power the day I was born - Oct 6 1981, when Sadat was killed. That event is something I've known about since I was a small boy.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Great idea, and best wishes for your Country Alaa, I wish your nation every success for the future!

I also like to fly "whatever it's doing outside my window". I always use real-world weather in FS but sometimes I try to find some stormy weather, with moderate to heavy winds (preferentially crosswinds) and almost no visibility. I love flights in hard IFR conditions.I also wish I lived near an airport. Actually, my apartment is 1-1,5 miles from an Air Force base. From my balcony I can see a C-130 Hercules doing a parachute training some times and can see them landing. But I like the airliners. I like to see jet engines, you know... From my balcony the only airliners I can see are miles away in final approach for runway 10 at SBGL and others flying exactly over my house executing AFONSOS 2 STAR to SBRJ.I can't wait for NGX too. After I get mine I'll go for a world tour. I already have every leg planed and have all the flightplans I'll need with a help from vRoute. I already have weather with ASE. Just need textures, a better ATC, a more complete traffic and a performance calculator. REX, Radar Contact or ProFlight Emulator (still not decided. Any opinions???), Ultimate Traffic 2 and TOPCAT. I just don't have the money yet :(.Hey! That looks awesome. I think I'll move in to Ontario :(! Take a look at this video. I found it months ago and now I found it again so I thought I should share this with you. It's one year old and has a lot of views, so maybe many of you have already watched, but it's worth to watch again. And again. And again. And... ENOUGH!!!

Great vid, ive worked with these guys many a time and they are the some of the best crew you could meet, hard working and loyal. Its a shame MK went down the pan, how ever I still see some of the guys on other airlnes now and again ;o)Gary Blake ;o)

As a Marley-ite i love to see a modern day revolution,, I hope Egypt leads the way in the people overthrowing currupt autocratic systems across the world,I hope a decent democracy is established, this really is a Goldern oppurtunity!

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK