Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Just to put the cat among the pigeons...DCS A-10 Warthog was released as an "open" beta, with full access to customers. Seemed to work well, and I would imagine with all that feedback from a plethora of enthusiastic customers, in addition to the official beta team, it may have accelerated the beta phase.Doesn't happen in flight sim of course. I wonder why? I wonder why companies like PMDG don't go down the same route? It would generate considerable cash flow and be somewhat helpful I would have thought.Just a query.Martin Wilby.

PMDG has stated in the past that they will not sell or give access to an unfinished project.

Joe Sherrill

Hi Vin<blah, blah>, which I thought would be a simple thing to sort in the scheme of things. <blah, blah>
It would seem that you thought wrong. Perhaps that is the real reason for your frustration?

Just to put the cat among the pigeons...DCS A-10 Warthog was released as an "open" beta, with full access to customers. Seemed to work well, and I would imagine with all that feedback from a plethora of enthusiastic customers, in addition to the official beta team, it may have accelerated the beta phase.Doesn't happen in flight sim of course. I wonder why? I wonder why companies like PMDG don't go down the same route? It would generate considerable cash flow and be somewhat helpful I would have thought.Just a query.Martin Wilby.
Hi Martin. It has been done before in FS, I point you to a certain A320 Developer and their ET Programme as an example of why companies don't offer this! I personally will never again pay for an unfinished 'beta' product!

It would seem that you thought wrong. Perhaps that is the real reason for your frustration?
On my original post if you would like to quote all I did say that I was not a programmer and I was referring to the night shots showing logo and landing lights. I thought this would done at an earlier stage of production. Frustated the answer would be YES.......

Joe Park

I think at this stage in development things must be gone well, because no one from PMDG has said they are not. Don't read into stuff just because there isn't a screenshot posted yet or a lack of bi-weekly forum post from the team.Just go with the facts : PMDG development team has said things are progressing, and it will release when they are satisfied with the product.

(Gone back into the hangar to continue hammering away...) Hammer away son, you're doing a great job. Was that how many cubits? But seriously I am watching the earthquake coverage in Japan and the resulting tsunmai, waiting for the NGX is really very small potatoes.Pray for them.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

it looks like they are fine tuning the external model still. Looking at the picture vic put up on the previous page, the flap fairings are more round and smooth looking compared to the shots in the original post.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

JackI not wanting a sense of entitlement but just solid information, as I said before " under promise and over deliver" the basics of good relationship with your customer base. Rant over
I know what you are saying but now for the next release PMDG will have 2 options. 1) Let everyone know with updates and screenshots on the development of the 777, or 2)Keep it quiet so we don't repeat the NGX fiasco again. Which do you think they will go with? Once bitten, twice shy. And I am not saying its you but the 1000's of other posts that complain about the updates. JackColwill

Teaser.....IMAG0668.jpgIMAG0663.jpgoh wait, that's not PMDG.....sorry :) Fun to play with while waiting though!

PMDG has already made it clear once that they do not want any discussion of competitor's 737NG products in this forum. As much as I want and NG and wish we had more information from PMDG, their wishes should be respected.Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak