Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Comments on the New File Library

I can't get my username or e-mail address to work when logging in to the File Library, either. Is there an FAQ on the site somewhere?

Kevin Young

Not impressed with the new layout and function. It's a lot more difficult to navigate. Also in the old library one could view readme and picture files. The text was colour coded. Now the text is not colour coded so one has to make a guess. also now I have to fully read each entry to see for what sim it's for!!It's a step towards glitziness instead of usefullness.It needs a big rethink.vololiberista

Maybe...Use the username or email and password from the forum to login the library,if you haven't notice.Anyway, is there any chance for a vote? Most of the files I've downloaded were from avsim and to be honest, I don't want to change that hobby :wink: Flightsim doesn't really suit me and..I don't want to add avsim to the list.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Guest aeroscout

I second Davids reply,to put it mildly its a CF!!!!!! :mad:

Considering all of the generally negative reactions (here and in other threads) to the new library, it makes me wonder just how much Beta testing was done with regular uploaders and downloaders prior to implementation. :Thinking: Surely the basic "problems" would have been noted and addressed during such testing. Obviously a great deal of work has gone into the new setup - but I hope it is not going to drive away too many users.IMHO the old setup was by far the easiest to use of all the DL sites.
Agreed, I'm not fond of the new system either. I honestly didn't find anything wrong with the old Avsim even if it looked a tad dated. It was a clean and simple look which I really liked and the File Library was hands down my favorite out of any other websites concerning FS add-ons. Let's see what'll happen, but something tells me a switch to the previous site and library is not a feasible option.

The old saying "If it ain't broke......." comes very much to mind.The colour coding of FS2004/FSX etc was a great benefit in finding things and the exclusion of filenames is a definite no-no. The waste of space on the screens by squeezing everything into the middle just does not make any sense at all.A lot of boxes/prompts eg Advanced search, seem to be out of alignment and it is all just too confusing.I would like to think it is very much a 'beta' issue, however if this is the final product it just doesn't work for me.edit:- Just a typo prob, Viewing a download, shouldn't it be Zipdive not ZipDrive?Jim

What used to take me 2 or 3 cliks to do now takes about 15 minutes and is very frustrating. This is actually my browser homepage but now I'm having second and third thoughts. I might have to program an FMC with a flightplan just to navigate around the site now. :wacko:

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Well I used the new Files Library last night and now I cant even do that. Just takes me to the registration page where the header line says "Logout" (so I assume I'm logged in) but I can get no further. I had to close down my browser and restart just to get on to another page! I'll give a few days, but will consider using Flightsim only in future. Never liked there file browser much but its way ahead of this.Never heard of the Web designers (Gabfire Themes) but their site seems geared towards newspapers and magazines???Dave

Ive just tried again to use the library. What a nightmare. Ive been a loyal AVSIM user since I first bought FS2002, but I may have to go somewhere else. Steve

And I just tried again too - same result.While stuck on the registration page, I read some of the rules and noticed that Avsim state that all content of this site is held "in Copyright by AVSIM Online and its owners". It may have been there before and I missed it perhaps.Anyway, I'm certainly NOT happy that they wish to claim copyright on any of my uploads (whether or not I explicitly claim it or not, thats not a requirement of copyright law), so I hereby state categorically that Avsim DO NOT hold copyright of any my work, and will take action if they do.I will not upload any further works to this site until they change their terms and I suggest other uploaders consider the implications here.Come on Avsim, what are trying to do?Dave

I tried to type ( "Gulf Air" ) with menu down AI flight plans 2004. I could not get all flight plans none of AIG shows! Something goes wrong with AVSim search engine. It is really lousy system. I wish it should go back normal the last time we had it.Stuart

Just terrible - The searches I tried that were successful had no pictures and there is no way to browse for a type of aircraft.

I am so disappointed with the “new” Avsim site and library! From the insignificant logo and cluttered home page to the frustrating file library I find the site to be less user friendly than the old site.The file library is terrible! Scan mode is useless, Files are no longer colour coded by Flight Sim, and there is much wasted space each side; also the font size is too small.Overall the old site was much better. Advertisers may like the new site but you are going to lose users to other sites.Brianj

Are any of you going to give the AVSIM Staff any time to adjust things or are you just going to continue to complain?

Are any of you going to give the AVSIM Staff any time to adjust things or are you just going to continue to complain?
Some are, some aren'tFolks try the search function again, see if it behaves now more like what you were looking for.

Brian Sperduto