Sign in to follow this  
BeaconSlash

I am Completely Indifferent Either Way About MS Flight

I don't know... considering the game hasn't been released yet, no proper evaluations or benchmarks have been made, and all we see are minor marketing screenshots and videos about MS Flight, I'd just like to say:I'm totally indifferent about Flight.If it sucks, I'll go X-Plane.If it's great, I'll go Flight.No point in judging a game that isn't even Beta yet, let alone released.Seriously... how can anyone be totally unimpressed or wholly sold on this product yet? Honestly...Mostly, I just wanted to give the uncommitted masses an agnostic thread choice to post in.

Cool! If you don't care, we don't care!!

I don't know... considering the game hasn't been released yet, no proper evaluations or benchmarks have been made, and all we see are minor marketing screenshots and videos about MS Flight, I'd just like to say:I'm totally indifferent about Flight.If it sucks, I'll go X-Plane.If it's great, I'll go Flight.No point in judging a game that isn't even Beta yet, let alone released.Seriously... how can anyone be totally unimpressed or wholly sold on this product yet?  Honestly...Mostly, I just wanted to give the uncommitted masses an agnostic thread choice to post in.
your title and note are in conflict.... you have pre-judged two yet to be released programs.  If history follows suit ... flight will be better than xplane .... but yet you have already decided to go to xplane if flight "sucks"What would you do if they both "suck"? 

your title and note are in conflict.... you have pre-judged two yet to be released programs. If history follows suit ... flight will be better than xplane .... but yet you have already decided to go to xplane if flight "sucks"What would you do if they both "suck"?
Stay with FSX...

Yes, lets just all stop posting until both are released, in fact just close down this forum, having an opinion this early is sacrilege... come on, seriously... The two recent topics here for and now indifferent of Flight posted in protest to the strong opinions of forum members are a sure sign that MS needs to release some more bones for us to chew on.

That just makes things things worse when there is no outlet or information.

No! This forum has a very real and valid purpose......it keeps this particular exercise in futility from poluting the REAL forums... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No! This forum has a very real and valid purpose......it keeps this particular exercise in futility from poluting the REAL forums... :(
Good one Bill, so true :(

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think if I was MS Project Manager for FLIGHT- I would have a little plaque on my desk with the words of Robert Frost-"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, But I have promises to keep And miles to go before I sleep- And miles to go before I sleep."AR

Yes, lets just all stop posting until both are released, in fact just close down this forum, having an opinion this early is sacrilege... come on, seriously... The two recent topics here for and now indifferent of Flight posted in protest to the strong opinions of forum members are a sure sign that MS needs to release some more bones for us to chew on.
Whats with your incessant need to close threads down?

+1 I agree.If FLIGHT turns out great, that will be my first choice over all other sims. But if not, I do know where to look for a similar experience, though I have tried X-plane, and didn't like it, If X-plane turns out great and FLIGHT doesn't, I will be willing to give it another chance smile.gifBut I have high hopes for FLIGHT, and I really hope it turns out great. I hope also that the long time loyal fans to FS9 or FSX (or even X-plane!) will give FLIGHT a chance, it deserves at least that. smile.gifJamie ♥

Whats with your incessant need to close threads down?
Did you miss my sarcasm or am I missing your sarcasm?

I love how indifference can stir controversy. Such strong opinions. Quite amazing for a product that is in such early stages of pure marketing. I mostly just wanted to see if I was alone in my opinion.Heck, maybe indifference isn't even the right adjective. Of course I want MSF to be awesome beyond all hope. I just can't believe people can possibly be outright sold or turned away at this stage of the process.

I just can't believe people can possibly be outright sold or turned away at this stage of the process.
Without either one, there probably would not be the other.Kind regards,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.