Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

Do you fly your JS41 in the United States?

I am have a hard time finding any current US operators. I like to fly RW flight numbers on Vatsim.How do you use it in the US?

Chuck Biggins

You can fly RW flight numbers and routes with different aircraft. So any route flown with a EMB120, ATR42 (or 72), Dash 8, etc. can be flown with a JS41.

Here are some of my latest flights in the J41. Spent most of yesterday morning messing around in and out of IAD (ROA-IAD-PHL-IAD-ORF):http://vataware.com/pilot.cfm?cid=910155The flight numbers are off (though they're a slight nod to current UAX numbers out of IAD). BLR, or Blue Ridge is the call for the old Atlantic Coast Airlines. I worked there for a bit, through the transition to Independence (no, not as a pilot), all they way up until that went under, so its own spot with me. They're not currently flying by any means, but I feel I can put aside my "absolute realism" for the J41 and stick with nostalgia.

Kyle Rodgers

I do all my air hauler flights in the JS41, north east US out of central NYSo no rw flight numbers, but I do love the plane :)

Chancy Law

I appreciate your thoughts. I've been using made up callsigns (mostly American Eagle) with routes i put together in FSBuild. Like Kyle said, I'll give up some realism to be able to fly it.

Chuck Biggins

If it makes you feel any better, you can always set the sim's clock back a few years. Then it's still, realistic...right?Either way, I'm okay with the quasi-realism of the nostalgia. Real routes, current flight numbers, defunct airline. I'm okay with it. If you need an old ACA routemap, I have a couple different versions.

Kyle Rodgers

You could always fly for a fictional VA which flys the JS41. Again FS is as real as it gets not realistic to the point of real life.Tom Bergman

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I rarely fly real-world routes. I fly the MD-11 between DFW and AUS. No big deal. I just don't have time for long-hauls. Same thing with the J41.

If I wish to do "real world" flights with the JS41, I just take flight plans from FlightAware that Gulfstream Internatonal Airlines use for their Beech 1900Ds. Otherwise I just pick local airports in Florida and fly to/from. For me, Florida is more than large enough for JS41 flights.

Yeah under Delta Connect. I downloaded their route map and just fly their short hops out JFK/La Guardia.Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

There are a couple of US registered JS41s that do charter/executive work in the US. If you want to fly anywhere in the US, realistically, just fly under one of those callsigns.

Joe Sherrill

Two options: Atlantic Coast routes (as was mentioned before). Lots of Dulles flights, so I know them well. Personally, I tend to use it as a replacement for things like the E120 and fly a lot of SkyWest routes, although they are switching to an all jet fleet, I believe.