Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

King Air C90

Just some questions I have: Since the King Air 350 is already a default aircraft, and therefore more familiar to many FSXers, why develop the more unfamiliar C90? Is not the success of the Carenado Caravan partly attributable to it being so advanced over the default model? Could not the the C90 attract less FSX buyers for this particular aircraft family?Kind regards,

Guest KYBU18

You have to take into consideration the fact that a lot of people have requested the C90 (there are numerous posts in the aircraft request page). I personally would like to have the C90 over the 350 first because it's a step up from the Baron 58 and is a more practical light GA aircraft (which is their main market area)whereas the 350 is a larger scale more strictly corporate aircraft. I would like them to eventually make the 350 model (or at least the 200) as a step up from the C90, but for now I see the C90 being a huge hit with simmers.

I dont know why do people open topics like this! why? just because they wanted to, they are the developers and as KYBU18 said people did request the C90 on numerous post! however I think that Carenado should make the whole king air family... Since they are pretty popular airplanes and there is any king air on the FSX market yet! I also think that the F90 would be a great addition to the C90. Most people doesnt even know the F90 and its history is pretty interesting since it was out of market because people loved it and the B200 sales went down, why? cheaper, easier to fly and beautiful since it has the 90's fuselage but whit the B200 lovely, and efficient T-tail

Personally I would rather have a C90 over a 350. The C90 is a very popular King Air and a delight to fly. The 350 is a good plane too but it is more like a corporate/charter aircraft. Really, the aircraft I am looking forward to more than the C90 is T210. My father owns a 64 Model with the Strutted wings and even though the T210 is strutless it will still be closer to what I actually fly.

The C90 is smaller, and this product can compete with people who want a plane for about 6 seats, with Flight1's Citation Mustang.

Inactive

I have to agree with the OP Stephan,There are numerous aircraft by Carenado and other developers in the C90's Size and Class.What FSX is Sorely lacking is a Larger KingAir Turbine[i.e. The Aeroworx FS9 Model] I'm hoping Carenado are only "Cutting their teeth"w/t the C90 with Bigger Aircraft to come.Regardless I will be 1st in line for the C90!Big%20Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I agree, the FS9 Aeroworx KingAir 200 was a great sim plane and was between the smaller C90 and larger 350! The C90 will be probably be a lot like flying their C340.I wish someone would do the B200 for FSX.CheersMartin

I have to agree with the OP Stephan,There are numerous aircraft by Carenado and other developers in the C90's Size and Class.What FSX is Sorely lacking is a Larger KingAir Turbine[i.e. The Aeroworx FS9 Model] I'm hoping Carenado are only "Cutting their teeth"w/t the C90 with Bigger Aircraft to come.Regardless I will be 1st in line for the C90!Big%20Grin.gif
Exactly, with the 310, 340, two Dukes and the Baron all developed and supported by large segments of the FSX community is it wise to throw another one + or - close to the same, competing for the same dollar? I would have really liked to have a bigger option that would not be taking up the same hanger space. I hope a 350 will follow shortly. Kind regards,

I don't want to sound too critical. I have spent a lot of money on Carenados which will no doubt include the King Air C90!Kind regards,

I believe that the C90 is in keeping with the single pilot step up from the Baron as previously stated, philosphy of Carenado. I am really looking forward to this product. Do you think it will have a glass cockpit as in the new C90GTi or older model avionics?

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Guest KYBU18

I doubt that it will be a glass cockpit. It's based off the C90A from the 80's and will most likely have the standard cockpit layout (which I prefer).

I do really like the New 3D Gauges in the C340II.Big%20Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Exactly, with the 310, 340, two Dukes and the Baron all developed and supported by large segments of the FSX community is it wise to throw another one + or - close to the same, competing for the same dollar? I would have really liked to have a bigger option that would not be taking up the same hanger space. I hope a 350 will follow shortly. Kind regards,
I have owned a C310 and spent two years instruting in the T-42 and U-21. The C310 and T-42 are really not that similar in my opinion. The U-21 is in a class by itself. I am really excited about the U-21.bs

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I would love a classic steam gauge panel, but a Sandel system would be awsome with a pair of 430's.